A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
You can destroy something but you can rebuild it. Defeat implies that the "destruction" is the end all, be all. The quote is simply saying if something shattered into a thousand pieces, it's not the end; you can put all those pieces back together.

The definition of "Destroy" is to put an end to the existence of something. What you're talking about is breaking, something that is broken can be fixed (put back together). But if you LITERALLY "Destroy" something it can't be fixed

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The definition of "Destroy" is to put an end to the existence of something. What you're talking about is breaking, something that is broken can be fixed (put back together). But if you LITERALLY "Destroy" something it can't be fixed

:heh: Well clearly to to Hemingway he doesn't give a fukk about a definition

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Unless we wanna trade up to #15 in the 1st round and get HaHa Clinton-Dix, we need Whitner, the free agency class is weak. Jairus Bird and TJ will get re-signed or get top safety contracts elsewhere. I'm not as high on the safety class this year as I was last year.
Malcolm Jenkins

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
He's more a FS and even if me make him a SS I would rather keep Whitner. For the right price obviously but word on the street is he would like to stay.
I wouldn't whitner gets burnt all the time

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Not this past season he was top 10 in the league in terms of coverage and is the 3rd best overall SS safety in the league, Malcom Jenkins is good but not that good, I'd rather draft a rookie.
I woudlnt like the fact a second year player and rookie starting

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I woudlnt like the fact a second year player and rookie starting

Normally I would agree but Eric Reid has been stellar and I think if we get the 1st or 2nd best safety available they will be near game ready. But if you don't the idea than keeping Whitner to a short cap friendly contract is ideal. He is the leader of our DBs and we keep him for the remainder of his prime.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Normally I would agree but Eric Reid has been stellar and I think if we get the 1st or 2nd best safety available they will be near game ready. But if you don't the idea than keeping Whitner to a short cap friendly contract is ideal. He is the leader of our DBs and we keep him for the remainder of his prime.
If it's a good deal

I'll take him, shyt is about to get real tight

Gore gonna end up being a causality

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, as long as you all avoid playing Seattle in Seattle in the playoffs you good

49ers were the better squad but that one fluke ass TD from Wilson on that flag play did y'all in

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Completely off topic but after laughing my ass off reading that weird CantStop-LWO thread I gotta :salute: my Niner brehs for being the most sane fan base in here.