A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would like to see us get another cb and another reciever I would take Aldon over crabs even though I'm a big crab fan

Last edited:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Man I can't even....20 wrs over crabtree ? Crabtree had a 1100 yard season last year, ain't even 20 we with 1100 yards. Vd needs 1 TD reception to become all time leader in playoff TD catches. Boldin carried our squad at stretches. Do you even watch this team ? One of these guys is constantly doubled teamed ever since crabs came back. You didn't see quan getting tripled team out there on Sunday ? You are asking where are these guys when q play has been elite (top4 yards per route ran) and vd had 10+ TDs....and crabs came back with a bang.

The obsession with speed is also hilarious. Good offenses can take cheap one trick ponies like Meachem and make them work. But you don't even need speed. And crabs and especially boldin arent small, at all
You also say we can get someone like aj green? Wtf green was 4th overall pick. Fourth. We aren't picking fourth. Or 10th. Teams give up whole drafts to get julios and greens.

This teams receivers are are just fine if we can keep q and crabs together...ravens won the chip last year with same boldin and torrey smith.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Man I can't even....20 wrs over crabtree ? Crabtree had a 1100 yard season last year, ain't even 20 we with 1100 yards. Vd needs 1 TD reception to become all time leader in playoff TD catches. Boldin carried our squad at stretches. Do you even watch this team ? One of these guys is constantly doubled teamed ever since crabs came back. You didn't see quan getting tripled team out there on Sunday ? You are asking where are these guys when q play has been elite (top4 yards per route ran) and vd had 10+ TDs....and crabs came back with a bang.

The obsession with speed is also hilarious. Good offenses can take cheap one trick ponies like Meachem and make them work. But you don't even need speed. And crabs and especially boldin arent small, at all
You also say we can get someone like aj green? Wtf green was 4th overall pick. Fourth. We aren't picking fourth. Or 10th. Teams give up whole drafts to get julios and greens.

This teams receivers are are just fine if we can keep q and crabs together...ravens won the chip last year with same boldin and torrey smith.

Yea what is all this flim-flam about Crabtree and Boldin being small. both guys are stocky and Boldin is tougher than most taller receivers, both made some key catches even in the Seattle game. I think that losing the Seahawks game has put us in a sort of panic mode. Our team is very good, we lost some key players due to injury but we will be fine. Also what is all this about cutting Frank Gore, that's silly, dude had over 1100 yds running and proved time and again a top back in the league. Did he wear down in the playoffs, yea a little but he is the heart and soul of our offense as we are at our most successful when we run it through him, which is why the Seahawks basically game planned around bottling him up. If the dude had 50 or more yards rushing, we win the game.

The only reason, I suggested drafted multiple receivers is in the case we can't keep both Crabtree and Boldin, but if we can work it out particularly with Boldin, we just need one guy to be our #2/3 and can groom in the future. We can find what we need in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Also, our O-Line is fine we just need a center, I think we have to out things in perspective the NFC is far and away the tougher division in football and even with a lot of injuries we went 12-4, we went into the Wild Card and beat the hottest teams in the NFL, we went into Lambeau and beat Aaron Rodgers, we went into Carolina and dominated the Panthers after losing a squeaker, we went into Century Link and almost beat the Seahawks, but it was their year clearly. We just gotta add some key pieces and protect what we have but we may also have to become a more pass friendly offense, we got the personnel pretty much, we just have to get healthy and we also need Vance McDonald to become a pass catching threat, because the few times he did catch the ball he is extremely dangerous.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How can anyone call trio of vd, boldin and crabs "no one to throw to" is absolutely beyond me :mindblown: this would be the best receiving and blocking receiver (not wr) core in the AFC besides Denver. Its top 5 overall, easily. With tony g retiring, falcons receivers are worse, bears are better and cowgirls might have a slightly better one.

The personnel on O is not the problem when everyone's healthy. That's what makes it so frustrating to watch us on O. There is way too much talent to struggle like this. I'd still work on the D first. Then look at the O afterwards.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man we gotta stop drafting reaches and projects and get some legit playmakers/solid players.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea what is all this flim-flam about Crabtree and Boldin being small. both guys are stocky and Boldin is tougher than most taller receivers, both made some key catches even in the Seattle game. I think that losing the Seahawks game has put us in a sort of panic mode. Our team is very good, we lost some key players due to injury but we will be fine. Also what is all this about cutting Frank Gore, that's silly, dude had over 1100 yds running and proved time and again a top back in the league. Did he wear down in the playoffs, yea a little but he is the heart and soul of our offense as we are at our most successful when we run it through him, which is why the Seahawks basically game planned around bottling him up. If the dude had 50 or more yards rushing, we win the game.

The only reason, I suggested drafted multiple receivers is in the case we can't keep both Crabtree and Boldin, but if we can work it out particularly with Boldin, we just need one guy to be our #2/3 and can groom in the future. We can find what we need in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Also, our O-Line is fine we just need a center, I think we have to out things in perspective the NFC is far and away the tougher division in football and even with a lot of injuries we went 12-4, we went into the Wild Card and beat the hottest teams in the NFL, we went into Lambeau and beat Aaron Rodgers, we went into Carolina and dominated the Panthers after losing a squeaker, we went into Century Link and almost beat the Seahawks, but it was their year clearly. We just gotta add some key pieces and protect what we have but we may also have to become a more pass friendly offense, we got the personnel pretty much, we just have to get healthy and we also need Vance McDonald to become a pass catching threat, because the few times he did catch the ball he is extremely dangerous.

I figured it was understood that any suggestions of drafting a legit receiver is if we lost one of our starters.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps

I love frank

But he getting cut cause of his contract

Iupati wants a lot of money, so we gonna need a guard too

We will probably draft a wr this year, remember crab is back no matter what next year

We can keep saying we need this wr and that, really big ones, all that bullshyt. If the qb doesn't improve it doesn't matter.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I love frank

We will probably draft a wr this year, remember crab is back no matter what next year

We can keep saying we need this wr and that, really big ones, all that bullshyt. If the qb doesn't improve it doesn't matter.

Frank Will restructure, he's had multiple outs to leave the team and he hasn't left.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I love frank

Same for whoever's calling the plays and coming up with the gameplan. Need improvement on many fronts and that includes the qb for those keeping score.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Man we gotta stop drafting reaches and projects and get some legit playmakers/solid players.
staff is too conservative about giving job/trust to new players. it took us half a year to throw kyle williams and marlon moore in the bushes and play others

I dont want to shyt on ian williams because he couldve had a better year, but from dorseys play its highly unlikely. hunter shouldve gotten way more carries on sunday. skuta and lemonier only got PT when aldon got in trouble, and they held their own. justin was spelled only when he got injured by fangio, and we got a much better year out of him this year with TJE and dobbs taking some of his snaps....

same with playcalling. on rare occasions we designed a play to patton or vance (for example on sunday) it actually worked cuz teams never think we're going to them. but its so rare, it also goes to our qbs head to ignore them because their names are never called.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I love frank

I think frank will go for vet minimum before he goes to another team. unless his agent feeds him some bullshyt

qb needs to improve yes, but thats not the main problem of offense. thats scary because its hard to tell what is the problem. personally I think we're trying to be a power run team without a power rb (we are terrible on 3rd and short for a power run team) and our mauling oline actually is overrated in the sense that it cant dominate against good teams.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
staff is too conservative about giving job/trust to new players. it took us half a year to throw kyle williams and marlon moore in the bushes and play others

I dont want to shyt on ian williams because he couldve had a better year, but from dorseys play its highly unlikely. hunter shouldve gotten way more carries on sunday. skuta and lemonier only got PT when aldon got in trouble, and they held their own. justin was spelled only when he got injured by fangio, and we got a much better year out of him this year with TJE and dobbs taking some of his snaps....

same with playcalling. on rare occasions we designed a play to patton or vance (for example on sunday) it actually worked cuz teams never think we're going to them. but its so rare, it also goes to our qbs head to ignore them because their names are never called.

Yea, you're right about that. I can't believe how little we've used Hunter.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
but we may also have to become a more pass friendly offense, we got the personnel pretty much, we just have to get healthy and we also need Vance McDonald to become a pass catching threat, because the few times he did catch the ball he is extremely dangerous.
I sincerely doubt that happens. not under harbaugh, and not when we are committed to this oline. at stanford harbs/roman had luck and they still were very conservative.