A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
people saying boldin hinted at staying with Niners, but I think its overanalysis:

Thank you @49ers fans for embracing my family and I during our first year in San Francisco. Your support this year was amazing.

people are saying 'first year' is a hint that hes about to re-sign.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Me too, was gonna flip it but I'll let it stay true to the original.

To pick up on banter from the other thread, I thought about it and I think I'd like to see us keep Aldon more than Crabs. First, this is the same Crabtree that held out and wanted #1 receiver money when that's not where he was drafted, dude will want too much for his actual value IMO. secondly, our division is based on defenses, and these defenses, as well as Carolina's have shown that they can stop these cute ass finesse offenses. Third, our offense has a long way to go before it's "high powered" and there are some questions on the o-line and run game...as well as with WR depth. I'd rather shore up an elite defense and patch the offense than end up with questionable gaps on both sides. I love the receiver Crabs has become, but he's not a deal breaker to me

The more I think about this the more I agree. Crabtree is a good receiver but not a great one. Boldin was better this year and he is at the end of his career. We need to spend our 2nd rounder on a WR and maybe one of the 3rds as well. Aldon Smith is a once in a decade talent. Crabtree can (not easily though) be replaced.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
8iNmW.gif

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
people saying boldin hinted at staying with Niners, but I think its overanalysis:

Thank you @49ers fans for embracing my family and I during our first year in San Francisco. Your support this year was amazing.

people are saying 'first year' is a hint that hes about to re-sign.

:dead:

Now THAT'S reaching.