A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
acl/mcl tear is recoverable

apparently culliver is already running sprints

i still want them to invest a second or third on a mlb just in case
culliver was getting ate up so badly in the superbowl by jones. that TD is still right in front of me. 9 players are perfect at their play and whitner and cully just shyt the bed :(

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
culliver was getting ate up so badly in the superbowl by jones. that TD is still right in front of me. 9 players are perfect at their play and whitner and cully just shyt the bed :(
:upsetfavre:

Daps
Reppin
i wanna hunnid and fitty thousand!
I think if it came down to The two, we'd end up keeping Crabs over Aldon based on how the offense looked with/without Crabs.
I don't think it'll come to that, but if it does, helping out the quarterback week always win out.
i love crabs but elite pass rushers and run stoppers > 2nd tier receivers

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
its true tho :( it was one of the worst db plays Ive seen in last 3 years

726824751.gif

our front 7 does its job and makes flacco throw on the run off his backfoot
our all pro LBs cover perfectly
brown covers well and dashon is over the top of his guy (torrey)
whitner is covering air in the zone and culliver gets beat something awful

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
rogers, baldwin will definitely be gone

gores contract will get restructured something serious

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
http://www.spotrac.com/premium/research/nfl/contract-forecast-colin-kaepernick-414/

Length of the Contract
At 26 years old, and further instantiating himself as the long-term franchise quarterback solution in San Franciso, it's perfectly likely the the 49ers extend Kaepernick out 7-8 years (keeping in mind that many of these lengthy deals have outs WELL before their expiration). For purposes of evaluation, we'll keep the length of this forecast at 6 years, the mathematical average.

Value of the Contract
Our initial base contract provided an average salary of just over $20.13 million per year, a figure that would place him 3rd among active quarterbacks. Our statistical comparison brought that number down to early slightly, with a 2.04% decrease.

Quick Thoughts
As a former 2nd-round pick, the 49ers don't have the ability to exercise a 5th year option on Kaepernick (something the Panthers can do with Cam Newton). With nearly $119.4M cap dollars allocated to their 2014 salary cap already, and a fairly potent list of 2014 free agents the 49ers have some work to do to make ends meet this offseason. As it stands, Kaepernick's $1.63M cap figure ranks 38th among 2014 quarterbacks, certainly a value. Financial strain or not, it makes sense on both sides for this extension to get done in the coming months, even if it means restructuring other veteran contracts (Vernon Davis, Frank Gore) to find the space.

:snoop:

@yseJ

@JLova

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
i love crabs but elite pass rushers and run stoppers > 2nd tier receivers
Be what it may, I guarantee you offense will win over defense every time when comes to situations like this. ESPECIALLY if the offensive player is directly tied to The development of the franchise quarterback.