A group of 19 Black families reportedly purchased almost 97 acres of land in Toomsboro, Georgia.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
There is another large parcel of 175 acres available in Toomsboro on Zillow for $250K.

$254,388
175.43 Acres
00 Hwy 112, Toomsboro, GA 31090
Lot/landZestimate®: None

ISfwd0zl4kifpq1000000000.jpg

ISb13cfpjfdtpq1000000000.jpg

ISniwbw57ro1qq1000000000.jpg

00 Hwy 112, Toomsboro, GA 31090 | MLS #41438 | Zillow

I love Georgia.

for that price in my area of Atlanta, you can get a 4-6 bedroom crib.

if I had the cash I’d definitely buy that land. 170+ acres for $254 is a fukking steal

Daps
Props to them but what's with folks always announcing every move they make on social media as if the haters and ops aren't always looking to sabotage or derail shyt. Wheres the wisdom? If I purchase 97 acres of land, the first thing I'd do is shut the fukk up about my purchase and not announce it on social media. Quit playing checkers in a chess game. Be strategic.

And some of you are playing.

Exactly why are you telling the media your moves ...
Im happy for them but it looks like a cluster fukk is going to happen

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Like I said earlier in the thread, my mom’s side of the family is from that county, and we used to go down there every summer growing up so I’m very familiar with it. Just gonna add some context.

Brehs keep mentioning that they need to tool up, and put barbed wire over it and declare their independence, etc :mjlol:

It’s not really like that. Toomsboro, McIntyre and that county is filled with black folks that just chill, raise their families and stay out the way. It’s remote as fukk and in the middle of nowhere. I can’t stress that enough. They didn’t get a traffic light and a Subway restaurant until I was a teenager. Counties not too far away have Wal-Mart and stuff now, but even when I was growing up and visiting as a kid, if you wanted to “go to the market” and get some groceries you had to for real get in the car and DRIVE somewhere and make a day out of it.

So while it’s always smart for a citizen to tool up, and this getting national coverage could always bring unwanted attention, they’re not going to take over the county, they’re going to blend right in with it. You got your occasional good ol’ boys but that area is already filled with black folks who know how to hunt, fish and grow crops. That’s just a radical way of life to us because we get away from it living in more developed areas. This is the type of town that you’re never going to go through unless you’re on a semi-truck or train sending supplies somewhere. You have to go out of your way to get to the area and people that live there, just live there.

That’s why the land is so cheap. We thought it was the most boring place in the world growing up, but as a grown man now I relish those trips to see fam because it’s so peaceful and nothing is there but clear skies and fresh air. With COVID I definitely wish I could spend a week or two down there cooling out with my people.

So this is more about black folks wanting peace and community somewhere and less of a hostile takeover. The way that area is set up it’s more modern black Quakers than Black Wall Street. Though the internet has opened up commerce so there’s more creative ways to bring money to the area or at least be self-sufficient. But if you not about that country living life for real and in the truest sense, don’t bring your ass down there. Ain’t nothing to do on a Friday night except sit on the porch and have conversation :wow:

b_b

All Star
Supporter
Daps
YEAH BUT HOW IS THE PROCESS OF BUSTING DOWN 175 ACRE PARCEL INTO MULTIPLE ADDRESSES? HOW DOES THAT WORK?

you get a tentative map made that shows how you want to subdivide the larger parcels into smaller parcels. then once you get city council or county board of directors approval, you make a final map that legally divides them into lots. from there you get addressing. they need to come up with a tentative map and then get them a grading permit. they gonna have to improve it with streets and shyt like fire access and all kinds of other shyt to actually develop it. dont get me wrong i love every part of this, but we tend to think all you gotta do is buy the land and then build some shyt. it is a lot more steps to it then that, but i commend them for doing this. if they have enough foresight to cop that land im sure they have other consultants on deck to help them actually develop it.

TMYK

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
Like I said earlier in the thread, my mom’s side of the family is from that county, and we used to go down there every summer growing up so I’m very familiar with it. Just gonna add some context.

Brehs keep mentioning that they need to tool up, and put barbed wire over it and declare their independence, etc :mjlol:

It’s not really like that. Toomsboro, McIntyre and that county is filled with black folks that just chill, raise their families and stay out the way. It’s remote as fukk and in the middle of nowhere. I can’t stress that enough. They didn’t get a traffic light and a Subway restaurant until I was a teenager. Counties not too far away have Wal-Mart and stuff now, but even when I was growing up and visiting as a kid, if you wanted to “go to the market” and get some groceries you had to for real get in the car and DRIVE somewhere and make a day out of it.

So while it’s always smart for a citizen to tool up, and this getting national coverage could always bring unwanted attention, they’re not going to take over the county, they’re going to blend right in with it. You got your occasional good ol’ boys but that area is already filled with black folks who know how to hunt, fish and grow crops. That’s just a radical way of life to us because we get away from it living in more developed areas. This is the type of town that you’re never going to go through unless you’re on a semi-truck or train sending supplies somewhere. You have to go out of your way to get to the area and people that live there, just live there.

That’s why the land is so cheap. We thought it was the most boring place in the world growing up, but as a grown man now I relish those trips to see fam because it’s so peaceful and nothing is there but clear skies and fresh air. With COVID I definitely wish I could spend a week or two down there cooling out with my people.

So this is more about black folks wanting peace and community somewhere and less of a hostile takeover. The way that area is set up it’s more modern black Quakers than Black Wall Street. Though the internet has opened up commerce so there’s more creative ways to bring money to the area or at least be self-sufficient. But if you not about that country living life for real and in the truest sense, don’t bring your ass down there. Ain’t nothing to do on a Friday night except sit on the porch and have conversation :wow:

Fascinating.

So, do folks with school-age children in Toomsboro send them to the Wilkinson county system? It appears to
be about a 10 - 15 minute drive away.

Also, the nearest hospitals are all 30 min - 1 hour away driving-wise. For us northerners, that is not very close, especially if you have older relatives living with you.

If you can't work remotely, which cities are you commuting to for work? Macon is 45 minutes away, but having been there it is a struggle there economically. Atlanta is 2 hours away. Augusta is almost 2 hours west. Is agriculture the limited option for now?