A group of 19 Black families reportedly purchased almost 97 acres of land in Toomsboro, Georgia.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
you get a tentative map made that shows how you want to subdivide the larger parcels into smaller parcels. then once you get city council or county board of directors approval, you make a final map that legally divides them into lots. from there you get addressing. they need to come up with a tentative map and then get them a grading permit. they gonna have to improve it with streets and shyt like fire access and all kinds of other shyt to actually develop it. dont get me wrong i love every part of this, but we tend to think all you gotta do is buy the land and then build some shyt. it is a lot more steps to it then that, but i commend them for doing this. if they have enough foresight to cop that land im sure they have other consultants on deck to help them actually develop it.

TMYK

GOOD INFORMATION. WOULD REP TWICE IF I COULD.

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
This is dope but shyt like this needs to be kept on the low somehow... When we come together and do dope shyt like this it doesnt need to be some popular hashtag social media shyt with DJ vlad or whoever and being pushed by C@c owned hypebeast outlets. As a people we rely too much on mainstream public social media platforms to communicate.

We need to learn how to be sneakier with this type of shyt. With as many C@c agents as there are on this site alone i dont even like this stickied here. Even the coli needs to have a more exclusively strict verification process, its way too easy to make an account on here.

Even if we had some type of special subforum on here where you have to pass an additional stricter test to get verified in order to view and participate in it, idk.

Nonetheless this is unbelievably dope and i wish these kings and queens the best.:wow:

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
For some reason, this reminds me of a modern Their Eyes Were Watching God, an all black community, with all black businesses, and everyone looks out for each other...I love it!!!! I think the book was based on Eatonville,FL where Zora Neale Hurston resided, which was a pretty much all black town.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Fascinating.

So, do folks with school-age children in Toomsboro send them to the Wilkinson county system? It appears to
be about a 10 - 15 minute drive away.

Also, the nearest hospitals are all 30 min - 1 hour away driving-wise. For us northerners, that is not very close, especially if you have older relatives living with you.

If you can't work remotely, which cities are you commuting to for work? Macon is 45 minutes away, but having been there it is a struggle there economically. Atlanta is 2 hours away. Augusta is almost 2 hours west. Is agriculture the limited option for now?

My bad, I've been meaning to respond.

Yeah, all the kids from Toomsboro, Irwinton, McIntyre, etc, go to WilCo schools. The high school is large and combines middle and high school grades. These are all small towns that only have a few hundred people.

You're right, more organized infrastructure like hospitals are a good drive away. This is a really rural area. Everyone has septic tanks and satellite TV since they don't live close enough together in most cases to have large scale municipal infrastructure.

People definitely work regular jobs outside of agriculture, but you definitely have a drive on your hands. I hear my family mentioning working in Gordon and maybe Macon.

It's a pretty low-income area, so I'm not surprised that land is cheap and easy to come by. My mom grew up with like a dozen brothers and sisters in a tiny house that my grandparents still own.

I don't know if y'all remember that reality show Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, but it's the same area. My people didn't like that show because of how trashy and backwoods they made the area look :mjlol:

But that's an example of how this is more of a peace of mind and supporting one another move if you like country living. It's not the ideal area for something like Black Wall Street.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

Yeah, all the kids from Toomsboro, Irwinton, McIntyre, etc, go to WilCo schools. The high school is large and combines middle and high school grades. These are all small towns that only have a few hundred people.

You're right, more organized infrastructure like hospitals are a good drive away. This is a really rural area. Everyone has septic tanks and satellite TV since they don't live close enough together in most cases to have large scale municipal infrastructure.

People definitely work regular jobs outside of agriculture, but you definitely have a drive on your hands. I hear my family mentioning working in Gordon and maybe Macon.

It's a pretty low-income area, so I'm not surprised that land is cheap and easy to come by. My mom grew up with like a dozen brothers and sisters in a tiny house that my grandparents still own.

I don't know if y'all remember that reality show Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, but it's the same area. My people didn't like that show because of how trashy and backwoods they made the area look :mjlol:

But that's an example of how this is more of a peace of mind and supporting one another move if you like country living. It's not the ideal area for something like Black Wall Street.
So it's more of a village or hide away than a city or town would you say? Is the terrain something that would make it easy to eventually pave roads on or build other infrastructure?

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot

Excellent reporting. Thank you.

Red11

Pro
Supporter
Daps
What ever came of this?
I was at one of their LIVE broadcasts. They stay fundraising. Not putting any dirt roads in, no wells for water. Didn't want to divide the property into plots. I said, "just put some manufactured homes down" then they showed me the plan:

help%20us%20build%20freedom%20square.png

SKYSCRAPERS?!!!!

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I was at one of their LIVE broadcasts. They stay fundraising. Not putting any dirt roads in, no wells for water. Didn't want to divide the property into plots. I said, "just put some manufactured homes down" then they showed me the plan:

help%20us%20build%20freedom%20square.png

SKYSCRAPERS?!!!!
So do they have plumbing or anything?