A group of 19 Black families reportedly purchased almost 97 acres of land in Toomsboro, Georgia.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
If I had to guess...

The plot looks to be in the middle of nowhere.

No running water, no electricity, etc. It would cost a lot to bring those utilities to the plot. While the idea of land ownership is great and more of our people should be buying up land... thought and resources needs to be put into land development, which is another beast entirely.
word. maybe they should reach out to Tyler Perry or one of the "elites". but they might want ROI, oversee development and how funds are being spent, rightfully so.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Why can't they get together and take out loans?
i hear you but do you know how much bread it costs to knock down trees alone? then u gotta get them hauled off, stumps grounded. irrigation for plumbing, electricity, lumber, brick, steel, mortar, etc. then the labor. inflationary costs, etc.

they may have envisioned wakanda but that shyt gonna look like a favela for a minute. you talking LOOT

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
If I had to guess...

No running water, no electricity, etc. It would cost a lot to bring those utilities to the plot. While the idea of land ownership is great and more of our people should be buying up land... thought and resources needs to be put into land development, which is another beast entirely.

It takes alot of money to develop land people tend to not understand that...I mean acres on acres of land is alot :francis: but im sure they'll make due. villages started from small beginnings too...

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
If I had to guess...

Everywhere is the middle of nowhere until someone builds it up.
Las Vegas was just that before it became Vegas of today

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
It takes alot of money to develop land people tend to not understand that...I mean acres on acres of land is alot :francis: but im sure they'll make due. villages started from small beginnings too...

Everywhere is the middle of nowhere until someone builds it up.
Las Vegas was just that before it became Vegas of today

No one said they couldn't do it, but it takes a lot. Probably a lot more than they originally thought. But hey, let's see if they make it happen. I hope they can.

Red11

Pro
Supporter
Daps
i hear you but do you know how much bread it costs to knock down trees alone? then u gotta get them hauled off, stumps grounded. irrigation for plumbing, electricity, lumber, brick, steel, mortar, etc. then the labor. inflationary costs, etc.

they may have envisioned wakanda but that shyt gonna look like a favela for a minute. you talking LOOT
I think they were too ambitious. I showed above its been 3 years. Put down double wides. Well water and dirt roads for a bit. You need a certain number of people to get the State money for DOT roads and Georgia Power to run lines from Toomsboro. The problem is you gotta build and THEY WILL COME.

Red11

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Double-Wide-Mobile-Home-For-Sale-in-Georgia.webp

Need at least 200 people...

The statutes that set forth the minimum requirements for incorporation are contained in the Georgia Code, mainly in Chapter 31 of Title 36. The minimum standards for the original incorporation of a municipal corporation are generally described in the following section.

State Requirements for Incorporation
Requirement for Local Act
Municipal incorporation is accomplished through the granting of a local act by the General Assembly.

Population Requirements
The geographic area proposing incorporation must have a total residential population of at least 200 persons and an average residential population of at least 200 persons per square mile for the total area.

Development Requirements
At least 60% of the area proposed for incorporation must be developed for residential, commercial, industrial, institutional, governmental, or recreational purposes. The area must be subdivided into lots and tracts so that a minimum of 60% of the total acreage consists of lots and tracts that are five acres or less in size. However, this lot size requirement has an exception in that the 60% calculation does not count any land that is being held for future development or subject to a contract for future use for commercial, industrial, governmental, recreational, or institutional purposes.

Requirements for Certificate of Incorporation
The author of the bill granting a municipal charter must certify that the minimum statutory requirements have been met. Evidence that the population and development requirements have been satisfied, including official census figures, maps, photographs, or surveys, must be used in order for the author to certify that the requirements have been met, but such evidence does not need to be included in the certification itself. This certificate becomes a permanent part of the charter.

Active vs. Inactive Municipalities
Beginning in July 1995, state law required that municipal corporations must meet certain minimum standards or risk becoming "inactive". Since the law went into effect, few cities have been designated inactive. The standards primarily require that the municipality provide a basic level of services, and define the number and types of services that must be provided. As a result of the passage of HB 36 in the 2005 legislative session, newly incorporated cities have two years to comply with the inactive municipalities law, as well as certain other reporting requirements.

According to the statute (Code Section 36-30-7.1), an active municipality must:

1. Provide at least three of the following services, either directly or by contract:
a. Law enforcement
b. Fire protection and fire safety
c. Road and street construction or maintenance
d. Solid waste management
e. Water supply or distribution or both
f. Wastewater treatment
g. Stormwater collection and disposal
h. Electric or gas utility service
i. Enforcement of building, housing, plumbing, and electrical codes and other similar codes
j. Planning and zoning, and
k. Recreational facilities;
2. Hold at least six regular, monthly or bimonthly, officially recorded public meetings within the twelve month period prior to execution of a certificate stating that the municipal corporation meets the minimum standards for determining an active municipality; and

3. Qualify for and hold a regular municipal election as provided by law.

The governing authority of each municipal corporation is responsible for filing certification with the Georgia Department of Community Affairs confirming that the municipal corporation meets the minimum standards for an active municipality. Failure to meet these standards results in the termination of the legal existence of the municipal corporation, resulting in the loss of all assets, property, and legal rights as a municipal corporation and causing the dissolution of any local authority created by the former municipal corporation. If this occurs, the state empowers the county to use the assets of the municipal corporation or local authority to retire any outstanding debt.

Red11

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Yeah this seem odd already

3 years to put up a pre fab shed? Nah run for your life...
4 years now...they need to start. Get people, then you can get a Gas Station/grocery store combo. All that land, a shooting range would work, ATV park etc. They jumped right over my ideas lol.