A day in the life working at the Atlanta Google office. Sheesh

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why does everybody who makes these kinds of videos always sound the same?? Like who the fukk was the originator of that shyt??

Because they get permission to record and release. Essentially a corporate marketing video. It helps that she's a black woman, mother, and loves commuting to the office lol

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
12 years of experience (ERP/CRM Consulting, Project Management)...Supply Chain, Revenue Operations, etc in several industries
Gone 4-5 rounds of interviews @ TikTok, Meta, Google, etc
I can't even get a recruiter call at Nvidia....Nvidia, and OpenAI might be the most competitive companies to join
ZcnbgKq.png
Man, that is crazy given your background.

Who the fukk is managing to get interviews with those two companies then, former CEO's? :pachaha:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Man, that is crazy given your background.

Who the fukk is managing to get interviews with those two companies then, former CEO's? :pachaha:
Google pays good as fukk and has creme de la creme benefits. They can pick and choose who they want. Not sure why folks in here think they have to do recruitment videos to attract talent.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
thats a good challenge, guessing robotics or iots? I see why you dont need to work for anything less than full remote lol
Yeah, basically embedded systems if I can get lucky enough but we'll see because we've been moving away from hardware lately.

Hardware though definitely has less tolerance for pure remote as some companies don't want you to be bringing their equipment away from your home lab. They may still be remote, but they don't want you working anywhere else outside of their office and your home. Some equipment though isn't very portable either, depending on what you're working on. It's tough because that stuff interests me the most, but it's lifestyle is a downgrade.

When you're pure software you can basically work from anywhere in the world as long as you have a laptop.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Google pays good as fukk and has creme de la creme benefits. They can pick and choose who they want. Not sure why folks in here think they have to do recruitment videos to attract talent.
They definitely one of the best in terms of pay, benefits, etc. No remote though is a dealbreaker for many.

I'm just saying the very best companies will do the same but give 100% remote work on top of it, plus more interesting problems and prestige which will basically attract the best of the best as their main interest over working for Google.

Google was definitely the top dog late 2010's though and still up high but now NVIDIA is their own class at the very top.

NVIDIA is simply running laps around the tech, R&D and Engineering world.

They're doing so and completely avoided layoffs as well: zero layoffs these last few years. They're the True Tech Industry right now and the People's Champion. When they say the cream rises to the top, that's NVIDIA.

All that and they're basically about to break computing at the end of this year and did it again with no layoffs, 100% remote work, treating employees with respect, etc. They simply don't cut corners.

Google definitely will attract talent, but they're not the first on the list anymore.

When you're basically about to turn the world upside down with your tech and you have White, Black, Asian, Latin and Middle Eastern employees working there rating your company an "A", you're doing something right.

I honestly hope Jensen Huang keeps running that company. Dude may be the greatest CEO of the last 100 years IMHO. Complete blend of technical knowledge, innovative thinking and humanity.

Last edited:

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Compared to the average job, you're right.

There are a bunch of other companies offering better pay and benefits than Google.
+ Remote work

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Compared to the average job, you're right.

There are a bunch of other companies offering better pay and benefits than Google.
+ Remote work
I work in HR and handle recruitment for my company. Every remote job we post has anywhere from 700 to 1500 applicants within a week. While remote work is most peoples preference, the competition is stiff.