A day in the life working at the Atlanta Google office. Sheesh

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
A lot of companies realized you provide food you keep your employees on site and back in their offices faster
Yep and you'll even stay later hours because you can always just eat dinner or breakfast there.
If you're at the office even if you're not actively doing work it will always be at the back of your mind and thus may propel you to work more hours than normal just by being there.

It's genius actually.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I used to want to really work at Google as an engineer, but the fact they went hybrid is a dealbreaker :camby:

I’m never going back to working in an office or lab that’s not physically located in my house.

I see these videos as I work from home and am not jealous at all. I am happy she's happy though.

If anything me working from home is making those people working at those offices jealous. :mjgrin:

I have my rule, I keep it simple and I don't settle:

100% Remote Work or it's a pass for me.

tumblr_p54lfhuFlg1w5xhsuo3_400.gif

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Those big tech companies have those giant campuses they invested in. I expect they really want people in there by design for whatever productivity reasons they had them built
Crazy thing is the 3rd most successful company in the world, probably the one who’s made the biggest leap these last few years is NVIDIA and they’re 100% remote while making delicate physical products.

Although you don't have to be somewhere physically to engineer chips, employees at other companies need to really question why they're going into an office if they don't even have a physical product.

Why are these companies who have nothing physical, require their employees to do nothing physical and are building nothing physical asking their workers to come into an office?

People must not stop asking that question.

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I remember when Google used to be the highly desirable employer.

NVIDIA is really the creme de la creme now of these companies. Actually treating employees like people.

Google at this point is basically hiring interviewees NVIDIA have turned down. They're not top talents' #1 pick anymore and the people they probably hiring are always checking back to see if NVIDIA has openings.

Also like other people mentioned, that definitely seemed like a planned Google ad/plant.

Last edited: