A 2Pac and DMX rivalry would have been the wildest rap beef of all time.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Q
None of that matters bruh. I’m not debating how things shoulda been or ‘well if you think about it’. In real time Pac was Pac and he was a 1 of 1. It’d be like you saying ‘oh but biggie wasn’t the first fat rapper , what about heavy D’ :what:

That’s just not how things work. You don’t gotta literally be first to be the trendsetter.

But… fyi Pac cut his hair before juice debuted in January 92, so he actually cut his hair in 91. So, he WAS before Onyx and Treach. (And before Run DMC randomly rebranded as thug baldies :skip: )

Come to think of it Treach was in juice…with braids. Aye yo them nggas probably did bite Pac :umad::pachaha:

Fredro Starr was bald and in movies in real time
No one said he was tryna be pac. I didn't say onyx and treach were first to be bald. I said they were bald and nobody said they copied pac... so why would people say X was tryna copy? Make it make sense

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
@Fresh

Correction... its not on who shot ya but its on I shot ya beat

"East heard the West craving (Wes Craven) for a Nightmare" - DMX

When X wanted to he was a bar heavy battle rapping MC that also had energy, delivery, and different cadences. Would've been a long night for most MCs going back and forth.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
"East heard the West craving (Wes Craven) for a Nightmare" - DMX

When X wanted to he was a bar heavy battle rapping MC that also had energy, delivery, and different cadences. Would've been a long night for most MCs going back and forth.

People try to write X off as a barking and yelling lunatic when he actually had bars on a lyrical as well as battle tip. He supposedly never lost... alot of people will vouch for that Including the lox.. I believe it

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
People try to write X off as a barking and yelling lunatic when he actually had bars on a lyrical as well as battle tip. He supposedly never lost... alot of people will vouch for that Including the lox.. I believe it
Facts. X was super slick, I think his energy and aggression overshadowed his bars to novice listeners. But nikkas who listened to him for real, know his freestyles, his album cuts, rare cuts etc.. know he got busy. I feel the same thing happens to Lil Fame from M.O.P.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
X for sure had an “album mode” that a lot of great artists do. Most people would be surprised at who could really go if they just stopped caring about records and just spit.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
These retards think any one who does introspective/emo gangsta raps was copying 2pac.

:dead:

This is DMX from the early 90s

Damn,switched his style all the way up after he heard Pacs melody,and read about the felonious capers:picard:

Difference between dmx and Pac is that dmx is what you would get if somebody asked for the base model version of Pac.

You cant convince me they didnt know what they were doing with both Pac and DMX musically,stylistically,persona. This is back when they had artist development. And they developed two nikkas who they thought could fill that Pac void.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Difference between dmx and Pac is that dmx is what you would get if somebody asked for the base model version of Pac.

One way of looking at it is if X came first, died and then Pac stepped in.

Would people say he took the style Earl originated to another level, regressed it or state there was no link but the bald head? In that respect Pac was definitely the more well rounded, finished product compared to Xs rough around the edge thing that made him feel prototypical in comparison as there was less resolution and more grit.

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
Damn,switched his style all the way up after he heard Pacs melody,and read about the felonious capers:picard:

You cant convince me they didnt know what they were doing with both Pac and DMX musically,stylistically,persona. This is back when they had artist development. And they developed two nikkas who they thought could fill that Pac void.
Cool story fam, 98 DMX’s flow/melody or whatever sounds nothing like 2pac’s.:dead:

Everything else is your opinion.
:hubie:

Last edited:

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
giphy.gif

Would've been like a real life Tom and Jerry beef.

blue+cat+blues+3.gif

After a drink or three and a diss or two it would've been on sight:

a3ef1335f1772145d648122d250f18aa.gif

At the end they'd probably be like this tho because both were highly strung and neither would give in:

tumblr_m67nxrRK1Q1qbmj6no1_500.gif

Plus they were maturing. Then we'd have a joint album:

tom-and-jerry-china.gif

Because it was just rap beef and this is a contact sport. Hip hop police would've been like:

e1c69ebb1bcc9e8b319e584abe4b61a9.gif

Cos the last thing they want is unity. Then they'd start beefing again:

d42f5e9536d25ce579fc026be3c8355a.gif

With a little help from their "friends:"

giphy.gif

Till one or both were dead...

As both repped a lot of the same things and made you feel their pain.

One of the realest posts I've ever seen

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Once you've seen the levels and the rules of the Game the nature of the script and how variables mix becomes obvious as its patterned on an algorithm.

122420140952118.gif

The original, in that respect. Perspective is everything...

Last edited:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
They literally rap NOTHING alike. Only thing similar is their passion as far as rap style

But their rhyme styles, their delivery, subject matter, flow, cadences, are drastically different.
To you. To casuals, they wouldn't know the difference on first glance if X had a bandana on

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Superstar
Daps
They literally rap NOTHING alike. Only thing similar is their passion as far as rap style

But their rhyme styles, their delivery, subject matter, flow, cadences, are drastically different.
They both project their voice in preacher-esque fashion