A 2Pac and DMX rivalry would have been the wildest rap beef of all time.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Facts. X was super slick, I think his energy and aggression overshadowed his bars to novice listeners. But nikkas who listened to him for real, know his freestyles, his album cuts, rare cuts etc.. know he got busy. I feel the same thing happens to Lil Fame from M.O.P.

Word... X was getting busy.. that fact that nikka was making songs from rhymes he wrote in 91-96 in 98 and on while goin multi plat is insane.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
X for sure had an “album mode” that a lot of great artists do. Most people would be surprised at who could really go if they just stopped caring about records and just spit.

Crazy thing is he was spitting on alot of his album cuts but people seem to use certain singles to try to put him in a certain category

Daps
Reppin
Westside Atl Perry Homes
One in the back left your fakkit ass face down
Lucky that you breathing, but you dead from the waist down
- didn't get shot in the back but what a way to provide a visual
fukk is on your mind? Talking that shyt that you be talking
And I bet you wish you never got hit 'cause you'd be walking
-pac was being Carted around in a wheel chair after getting shot and was overall known to run his mouth
But shyt happens and fukk it, you done did your dirt
nikkas is wondering how the fukk you hid your skirt
Right under their eyes, that's a surprise to the guys
That one of their mans was a bytch in disguise
- could chalk this up as a light jab at the rape case. He tried to fukk with some real street nikkas then distance himself from them hence being a bytch in disguise
fukking with cats that order more hits and slaughter more kids-nikkas put a hit on you
Let me holla at you, yo, that Baltimore shyt-Both X and Pac have time spent in Baltimore.... he was definitely talking to pac before K Solo was swapped out

and we all know how the rest goes :wow:

Comparing pac in the lobby tryna get away from his shooter to a white bytch in a scary movie is crazy....

I like Tupac btw but X was a DIFFERENT breed
Stretch Armstrong

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
So the Coli says an unknown DMX woulda kilt Pac in ‘96 :dead::pachaha:

So let me get this straight the 3 best rappers potentially ever couldnt fukk with him but X would have. 1 had to sneak diss, 1 dissed him after he died, and the other didn’t engage…..but unknown DMX woulda won it for em. Ain’t happening chief.

You gotta view it from a ‘96 lens. At that time authenticity and realness and vitriol and the ‘oooooh’ factor all mattered and no one was topping Pac. He was a fukking megastar. A ‘dope verse’ alone was not beating him. Ie drop a Gem on em was a great track but ‘don’t 1 of you nggas got sickle cell’>>>>>> that entire song. That’s just how it went to say otherwise you was not there and you can’t talk on it. Ie I’m sure Prodigy said some slick lines on Jay but it doesn’t matter ‘you was a ballerina’ destroyed P.

X was not fukking with PAC get all the way the fukk outta here…respectfully

The Coli out of touch. R.I.P. Pac and X but 2pac would make light work of DMX

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Snype from D-Block said in a interview years ago that "Get at Me Dog" was originally a diss aimed at Pac and West Coast

Snype should have clarified that the political reason it was changed for was pacs death. He kind of made it sound like X was running around dissing the dead

@Youngblood Priest there you go

People get the story cloudy by calling it "get at me dog" technically its what we know as get at me dog but it was just an X freestyle verse before Get At me dog was created. There is no recording of DMX on the get at me dog beat saying "that nikka tupac can suck my dikk" he changed it to k solo by 98. He liked the verse enough to use it on that beat and changed "west coast" to "rap game" and "tupac" to "k solo" but the rest of the verse is exactly as it was

X verse to pac starts at 2:09 he name drops him and mentions the west coast as well. But the fact that he does that proves the beginning of the verse is about him as well down to the Baltimore reference. He actually uses another verse from get at me dog at the end of this freestyle as well. But only that verse was for pac

Here it is over the I shot ya beat

There's no reason pac shouldn't have responded aside from him just never hearing it and eventually dying. Because pac called out the East coast as a whole by this time and he certain was shining light on Chino XL so im sure he would've responded to X had he heard it

Last edited:

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Snype from D-Block said in a interview years ago that "Get at Me Dog" was originally a diss aimed at Pac and West Coast

Yep, a lot of people actually don’t know that the song was written in 96 (during the height of the west coast-east coast rivalry) and DMX had to change it into a K-Solo diss after Pac died.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Snype should have clarified that the political reason it was changed for was pacs death. He kind of made it sound like X was running around dissing the dead

@Youngblood Priest there you go

People get the story cloudy by calling it "get at me dog" technically its what we know as get at me dog but it was just an X freestyle verse before Get At me dog was created. There is no recording of DMX on the get at me dog beat saying "that nikka tupac can suck my dikk" he changed it to k solo by 98. He liked the verse enough to use it on that beat and changed "west coast" to "rap game" and "tupac" to "k solo" but the rest of the verse is exactly as it was

X verse to pac starts at 2:09 he name drops him and mentions the west coast as well. But the fact that he does that proves the beginning of the verse is about him as well down to the Baltimore reference. He actually uses another verse from get at me dog at the end of this freestyle as well. But only that verse was for pac

Here it is over the I shot ya beat

There's no reason pac shouldn't have responded aside from him just never hearing it and eventually dying. Because pac called out the East coast as a whole by this time and he certain was shining light on Chino XL so im sure he would've responded to X had he heard it

Yeah it wasn't on the original Get At Me Dog, because Get At Me Dog was originally just a freestyle with DMX and the Lox freestyling over the EPMD beat (X spits a completely different verse that's not on the single) but it got so big in the streets, and X was gaining traction, so they turned it into a X single, and he spit 3 new verses over it (New in that they weren't from the original freestyle)

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Dmx is clearly a better rapper than 2pac

X has a way more rounded skill set

X can make any 2pac song if he wanted too. 2pac can’t make X type records

Bullshyt, X can not make a Blasphemy, X can not make All About You, 2 Pac on the other hand can make any of X songs, Tupac was more well rounded, he could make east coast sounding songs, he can rap on G Funk, make political songs, make songs about the ladies which he was much better than X at, make great Rnb collabs for example R U Still Down with Jon B, How do you want it with Jodeci.

Make songs about spirituality just like X, make songs about being poor, all type of topics to say DMX has a more well rounded skill set is nonsense, this is why DMX was pretty much done by his third album, Tupac had countless albums and material that stood the test of time because of his versatility writing and better ear for music.

And i can't believe @FreshAIG dapped this post lol.