A 2Pac and DMX rivalry would have been the wildest rap beef of all time.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Bullshyt, X can not make a Blasphemy, X can not make All About You, 2 Pac on the other hand can make any of X songs, Tupac was more well rounded, he could make east coast sounding songs, he can rap on G Funk, make political songs, make songs about the ladies which he was much better than X at, make great Rnb collabs for example R U Still Down with Jon B, How do you want it with Jodeci.

Make songs about spirituality just like X, make songs about being poor, all type of topics to say DMX has a more well rounded skill set is nonsense, this is why DMX was pretty much done by his third album, Tupac had countless albums and material that stood the test of time because of his versatility writing and better ear for music.

And i can't believe @FreshAIG dapped this post lol.
How it’s going down & what these bytches want>>>>>>>>>

Slipping>>>>>> Dear mama

2pac would look like a damn fool making Crime Story or ATF or Stop Being greedy. shyt just would not feel authentic at all

2pac catching a plane to Cleveland to clean up some nikkas no longer breathing just made me lol. Even as a 14 year old

Budda

Superstar
Daps

Slipping>>>>>> Dear mama

2pac would look like a damn fool making Crime Story or ATF or Stop Being greedy. shyt just would not feel authentic at all

How its going down is an outlier in DMX discography, What these bytches want is also, Tupac has a host of songs like that, Tupac excelled a lot more in songs geared to the ladies, to argue that would be asinine.

Slippin can't be argued to be better than Dear Mama, don't you love your mother?:what:

Dear Mama is the archetype Rap song of all time when making a song on that topic.

Tupac could easily make a stop being greedy, its just generic bars with a catchy great chorus.

Fact is Tupac is more versatile than DMX.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
How its going down is an outlier in DMX discography, What these bytches want is also, Tupac has a host of songs like that, Tupac excelled a lot more in songs geared to the ladies, to argue that would be asinine.

Slippin can't be argued to be better than Dear Mama, don't you love your mother?:what:

Dear Mama is the archetype Rap song of all time when making a song on that topic.

Tupac could easily make a stop being greedy, its just generic bars with a catchy great chorus.

stop being greedy is about robbing dudes. Lol

That’s dmx past time lol

So no Tupac can’t make that record unless it was about him he being robbed like Warren G

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Bullshyt, X can not make a Blasphemy, X can not make All About You, 2 Pac on the other hand can make any of X songs, Tupac was more well rounded, he could make east coast sounding songs, he can rap on G Funk, make political songs, make songs about the ladies which he was much better than X at, make great Rnb collabs for example R U Still Down with Jon B, How do you want it with Jodeci.

Make songs about spirituality just like X, make songs about being poor, all type of topics to say DMX has a more well rounded skill set is nonsense, this is why DMX was pretty much done by his third album, Tupac had countless albums and material that stood the test of time because of his versatility writing and better ear for music.

And i can't believe @FreshAIG dapped this post lol.
X was a better overall rapper than Pac. He had more wider skill set imo. He was more clever, better storyteller, more authentic in his raps, better delivery, etc.. that's just my opinion.

X wasn't done but the third album (The Great Depression was a good record), but his run was short compared to other legends of his ilk because the drugs became overwhelming. Had nothing to do with not being versatile. He was a functioning drug addict but it became unmanageable once he got a shyt ton of money and had yes men around him.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Stop Being Greedy isn't really generic, he's playing two characters within himself fighting each other. When he raps lighter he's trying to be positive, but fighting with his darkside who is hungry and is willing to kill and that's when he switches his voice to sound rougher. It's not earth shattering but it's pretty creative and unique for a hit single. Songs like that are usually album cuts, X had the personality and believability to pull it off and make it digestible to the mass public.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens

Slipping>>>>>> Dear mama

2pac catching a plane to Cleveland to clean up some nikkas no longer breathing just made me lol. Even as a 14 year old
@Still Benefited @Budda @FreshAIG

The fact that X played with his voice to match the beat switch on stop being greedy while also playing into his multiple personality disorder is genius.

He switched subject matter every four bars from just a regular hood nikka tryna get by and make something of himself to a ruthless low life that's ready to fukk shyt up. When you actually analyze the song he wasn't just yelling and barking

Idk if pac let alone any rapper could do something so masterful.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@Still Benefited @Budda @FreshAIG

The fact that X played with his voice to match the beat switch on stop being greedy while also playing into his multiple personality disorder is genius.

He switched subject matter every four bars from just a regular hood nikka tryna get by and make something of himself to a ruthless low life that's ready to fukk shyt up. When you actually analyze the song he wasn't just yelling and barking

Idk if pac let alone any rapper could do something so masterful.
Yeah I don't know how anyone call Stop Being Greedy generic. Nobody was doing songs like that, especially as a single, it's very unique.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Superstar
Daps
X was a better overall rapper than Pac. He had more wider skill set imo. He was more clever, better storyteller, more authentic in his raps, better delivery, etc.. that's just my opinion.

X wasn't done but the third album (The Great Depression was a good record), but his run was short compared to other legends of his ilk because the drugs became overwhelming. Had nothing to do with not being versatile. He was a functioning drug addict but it became unmanageable once he got a shyt ton of money and had yes men around him.
DMX’s storytelling did come off as more authentic while Tupac’s storytelling would come off somewhere between dramatic and theatrical

But DMX was not a better overall rapper and once he hit his peak level of success he essentially started to cut and paste songs. Example most of the verses on And Then There Was X could’ve been swapped and switched to any of the other verses with little to no consequence that would detract from the song. He started cookie cutting and just recently an analytical look at the lyrical data suggests DMX’s lexicon through his first 30,000 words is one of the most limited of any major artist

I can’t imagine Tupac’s number would be much higher, on a scale of 1-10 I would out DMX’s lexicon score at 3 and Tupac’s at 5 but Tupac did more with it and that’s why it’s not even a discussion

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Stop Being Greedy isn't really generic, he's playing two characters within himself fighting each other. When he raps lighter he's trying to be positive, but fighting with his darkside who is hungry and is willing to kill and that's when he switches his voice to sound rougher. It's not earth shattering but it's pretty creative and unique for a hit single. Songs like that are usually album cuts, X had the personality and believability to pull it off and make it digestible to the mass public.

nikkas said stop being greedy is generic... wow......I like Pac but the Stanleys are making it hard lol. If I ever get the time to go back to the first page to find out which one of these dudes grouped DMX with Lil Zane im negging him on site for eternity

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
DMX’s storytelling did come off as more authentic while Tupac’s storytelling would come off somewhere between dramatic and theatrical

But DMX was not a better overall rapper and once he hit his peak level of success he essentially started to cut and paste songs. Example most of the verses on And Then There Was X could’ve been swapped and switched to any of the other verses with little to no consequence that would detract from the song. He started cookie cutting and just recently an analytical look at the lyrical data suggests DMX’s lexicon through his first 30,000 words is one of the most limited of any major artist

I can’t imagine Tupac’s number would be much higher, on a scale of 1-10 I would out DMX’s lexicon score at 3 and Tupac’s at 5 but Tupac did more with it and that’s why it’s not even a discussion

You're bugging... with the amount of times Tupac rhymed Hennessy with enemies and young black male and crack sale

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

If Pac used more words than X, but that doesn't really mean anything. Anyone who listens to X interviews or listens to his older songs, knows X had a extensive vocabulary but it wasn't necessary for his style once it was developed.

He was more clever, he had a lot of wordplay in his bars. He would say slick/clever shyt all the time, or real thought provoking bars. He was one of the more poignant rappers of his generation.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Superstar
Daps
If Pac used more words than X, but that doesn't really mean anything. Anyone who listens to X interviews or listens to his older songs, knows X had a extensive vocabulary but it wasn't necessary for his style once it was developed.

He was more clever, he had a lot of wordplay in his bars. He would say slick/clever shyt all the time, or real thought provoking bars. He was one of the more poignant rappers of his generation.
So we have to go to interviews to find evidence if his extensive vocabularly .. it didn’t make it to his songs. Nonetheless he’s irreplaceable and one of the all-time greats

There are DMX-style punchlines and more examples of wit and quips throughout his catalog than can be found in Tupac’s

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
IN TERMS OF MUSIC DMX DOPE BUT NOWHERE NEAR PAC LEVEL

Facts pac is the goat cause he the only emcee to improv with every album.
Imagine pac rapping beyond Makaveli levels coming at DMX head that shyt would be brutal. DMX is raw af but I’m sorry he is to pc what ja rule is 2 him and it breaks my heart to say this shyt.