A 2Pac and DMX rivalry would have been the wildest rap beef of all time.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
DMX wouldn't have backed down to Pac and copped pleas... Pac would have choice but to respect him for standing by his words.

Pac would have asked for 5 minutes with X somewhere to go fight and then they would have squashed it.

A lot of good music would have been made too.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
The part where nikkas act like Tupac created EVERYTHING is where the problem lies. Nobody was bald, wore a bandanna, took their shirt off or had tattoos before tupac

Because Onyx and Treach were called Pac Biters for being bald headed right. I was around in the early 90s and bald nikkas were just bald nikkas... LL Cool J had his shirt off before pac... where is the comparison... yall nikkas is flat out saying anything Cube wore the bandanna to the front before pac.... Scarface was scarfacing before tupac.... and Scarface is one of X influences.... if you wanna say Pac and X are both similar to scar face then we have a conversation
None of that matters bruh. I’m not debating how things shoulda been or ‘well if you think about it’. In real time Pac was Pac and he was a 1 of 1. It’d be like you saying ‘oh but biggie wasn’t the first fat rapper , what about heavy D’ :what:

That’s just not how things work. You don’t gotta literally be first to be the trendsetter.

But… fyi Pac cut his hair before juice debuted in January 92, so he actually cut his hair in 91. So, he WAS before Onyx and Treach. (And before Run DMC randomly rebranded as thug baldies :skip: )

Come to think of it Treach was in juice…with braids. Aye yo them nggas probably did bite Pac :umad::pachaha:

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
So the Coli says an unknown DMX woulda kilt Pac in ‘96 :dead::pachaha:

So let me get this straight the 3 best rappers potentially ever couldnt fukk with him but X would have. 1 had to sneak diss, 1 dissed him after he died, and the other didn’t engage…..but unknown DMX woulda won it for em. Ain’t happening chief.

You gotta view it from a ‘96 lens. At that time authenticity and realness and vitriol and the ‘oooooh’ factor all mattered and no one was topping Pac. He was a fukking megastar. A ‘dope verse’ alone was not beating him. Ie drop a Gem on em was a great track but ‘don’t 1 of you nggas got sickle cell’>>>>>> that entire song. That’s just how it went to say otherwise you was not there and you can’t talk on it. Ie I’m sure Prodigy said some slick lines on Jay but it doesn’t matter ‘you was a ballerina’ destroyed P.

X was not fukking with PAC get all the way the fukk outta here…respectfully

An unknown X beat an emerging Jay Z in a rap battle..I really wish Pac would've heard the diss because he responded to an unknown Chino XL. If he bit X's bait it would've been on... people forget nikkaz done started something was recorded in 96 an was on mixtapes before his album.... X was really like that by late 96. And if he was to unleash of couple of started something type verses on Pac it would not be as easy as you think

And ironically you quoting prodigy being a ballerina when so was pac

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
DMX wouldn't have backed down to Pac and copped pleas... Pac would have choice but to respect him for standing by his words.

Pac would have asked for 5 minutes with X somewhere to go fight and then they would have squashed it.

A lot of good music would have been made too.

Sounds like the most sensible theory in this thread:salute:

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
neither were bytches

DMX was a street legend in his own right before fame,
Pac was a loose cannon who grew up around Panthers and was tied into the streets from Baltimore, Jersey, The Bay, and Queens and was known to handle his own beef and see nikkas face to face, verified by many reputable street nikkas on different platforms

the nikka was fearless and completely resigned to the idea of living on borrowed time because he wasnt gonna bow down or shut up.

Two nut ass nikkas who are a cocktail of emotions and pride due to substantial trauma in their formative years.? Both if caught in the wrong moment are willing to crash out?

Nah it aint gon be no X completely sonning Pac or vice versa. The logical realistic outcome is them having a short lived beef and squashing it...willingly or begrudgingly, but I do think they would grow to respect each other once they get a man to man

eventually they'd see the real nikka in each other once they get past the macho shyt.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Pac was way ahead of X lyrically but X delivery on even some simple shyt was crazy... man made a verse just shouting random bytches names and it went Platinum in the hood, tiktoks still being made. He could definitely have hit Pac with something that would sting

Both were highly disrespectful mfers too lol it wouldve been great to see RIP the gods

drugxglory

Street Struck
Daps
Reppin
CALiFORNiA
Probably a diss, a response, then calls woulda been made to squash it with mutuals being involved seeing how deep it woulda got in the street level on both sides
:ehh:

DarkandHellisHot

All Star
Daps
Yeah I peeped the clarification.. im 99% sure it wasn't after he said suck my dikk though
Even if so, i doubt Pac knew he was the guy that said it, since he was an underground artist at the time. And he dont know if he ever listened or knew about that diss.

I think that line about pac its on a different track he did but different instrumental.

I remember read about the "Who Shot Ya" he recorded in 95 being a diss for Pac too but idk if that its real or not.

Last edited:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
An unknown X beat an emerging Jay Z in a rap battle..I really wish Pac would've heard the diss because he responded to an unknown Chino XL. If he bit X's bait it would've been on... people forget nikkaz done started something was recorded in 96 an was on mixtapes before his album.... X was really like that by late 96. And if he was to unleash of couple of started something type verses on Pac it would not be as easy as you think

And ironically you quoting prodigy being a ballerina when so was pac
:comeon: Lol @ one being ‘unknown’ and the other being ‘emerging’. Same thing. They were at the same stage and clearly it’s not the same as 96 Pac

And part of the reason we know how beefs work is actually based on hit em up. Pac aimed at the biggest target. So anyone other than that target people are gonna be :russell: don’t matter what they say. People wanted to hear Big. Pac’s made Nas, Jay, and prodigy seem like lil nggas. And they had whole albums out. X arms was not long enough to fw pac

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
:comeon: Lol @ one being ‘unknown’ and the other being ‘emerging’. Same thing. They were at the same stage and clearly it’s not the same as 96 Pac

And part of the reason we know how beefs work is actually based on hit em up. Pac aimed at the biggest target. So anyone other than that target people are gonna be :russell: don’t matter what they say. People wanted to hear Big. Pac’s made Nas, Jay, and prodigy seem like lil nggas. And they had whole albums out. X arms was not long enough to fw pac

Jay had an album in 96 there's no way he was at the same stage as DMX.
Jay was emerging in 95 because he was rubbing shoulders with big daddy Kane and Notorious BIG and such and his album dropped a year later.. plus Hawaiin Sophie had a video...X didn't come out until 3 after their battle, big difference.

Pac did not make nas seem like a little nikka.... Jay z was BIGs little nikka anyway, and prodigy was literally a little nikka. And you ignore my Chino XL statement conviently.... I still don't know exactly who that nikka is but Pac certainly decided to make time for him...

And you ignore the caliber of a verse like this? Star power not enough when a nikka rapping at you like this. Pac never rapped against a nikkas as aggressive if not more aggressive than him..

96-97 DMX was pretty much 98 DMX at that point

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens

That makes no sense but of course Tupac created beef too lmao. Im pretty sure most people would agree that diss tracks were revolutionized by the Dr.Dre VS Eazy E beef.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Even if so, i doubt Pac knew he was the guy that said it, since he was an underground artist at the time. And he dont know if he ever listened or knew about that diss.

I think that line about pac its on a different track he did but different instrumental.

I remember read about the "Who Shot Ya" he recorded in 95 being a diss for Pac too but idk if that its real or not.

Got no headphones ima listen to this when I get off the train... I heard the who shot ya with X saying the line about pac its on YouTube. I'll link it when I get off the train