A 2Pac and DMX rivalry would have been the wildest rap beef of all time.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
i may be confusing facts but i think he only changed to K-solo because Pac died. i remember reading about this.. cant tell if was told by X or a person close to him

One in the back left your fakkit ass face down
Lucky that you breathing, but you dead from the waist down
- didn't get shot in the back but what a way to provide a visual
fukk is on your mind? Talking that shyt that you be talking
And I bet you wish you never got hit 'cause you'd be walking
-pac was being Carted around in a wheel chair after getting shot and was overall known to run his mouth
But shyt happens and fukk it, you done did your dirt
nikkas is wondering how the fukk you hid your skirt
Right under their eyes, that's a surprise to the guys
That one of their mans was a bytch in disguise
- could chalk this up as a light jab at the rape case. He tried to fukk with some real street nikkas then distance himself from them hence being a bytch in disguise
fukking with cats that order more hits and slaughter more kids-nikkas put a hit on you
Let me holla at you, yo, that Baltimore shyt-Both X and Pac have time spent in Baltimore.... he was definitely talking to pac before K Solo was swapped out

and we all know how the rest goes :wow:

Comparing pac in the lobby tryna get away from his shooter to a white bytch in a scary movie is crazy....

I like Tupac btw but X was a DIFFERENT breed

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
x was washed pretty quick and never had ground to fight

the problem would have been is... what if they teamed up and then smoothed shyt out with Nas?

I love DMX but he's being overrated here, his rough image came from being a drug addict and homeless... not some type of fighter and killer
he was just wild ... like the ICP dude said in here, they smoothed shyt over. It was closer to being a partnership than a rivalry at that point ... DMX vs Jayz would have brought 2pac closer to DMX side, and Nas ... Belly etc.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
-pac was being Carted around in a wheel chair after getting shot and was overall known to run his mouth
- could chalk this up as a light jab at the rape case. He tried to fukk with some real street nikkas then distance himself from them hence being a bytch in disguise
fukking with cats that order more hits and slaughter more kids-nikkas put a hit on you
Let me holla at you, yo, that Baltimore shyt-Both X and Pac have time spent in Baltimore.... he was definitely talking to pac before K Solo was swapped out

Comparing pac in the lobby tryna get away from his shooter to a white bytch in a scary movie is crazy....

All that subliminal diss shyt that him and Biggie was on just seem so weak to me. :yeshrug:

I’m sure Pac himself would of even respected them more if they just came out and said his name on record instead of sneak dissing.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
x was washed pretty quick and never had ground to fight

the problem would have been is... what if they teamed up and then smoothed shyt out with Nas?

I love DMX but he's being overrated here, his rough image came from being a drug addict and homeless... not some type of fighter and killer
he was just wild ... like the ICP dude said in here, they smoothed shyt over. It was closer to being a partnership than a rivalry at that point ... DMX vs Jayz would have brought 2pac closer to DMX side, and Nas ... Belly etc.

Imagine someone robbing nikkas with a dog... no gun in sight...and still question their validity in the streets.. and its not like he was only robbing civilians he was dead known for sticking up drug dealers and street nikkas too. For X to run up with a dog and risk being shot/killed and it never happening speaks volumes to how tough he was. Im sure he got in tons of fights and who's to say he never caught a body... I wouldn't be surprised... and he was doing dirt like that before RR was backing him

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
All that subliminal diss shyt that him and Biggie was on just seem so weak to me. :yeshrug:

I’m sure Pac himself would of even respected them more if they just came out and said his name on record instead of sneak dissing.

Dude... the rest of of the verse clearly (in the original) says "that nikka tupac could suck my dikk" no sneak diss in sight

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

I remember the rumor was this was at MF Grimm. They had battled before, and MF Grimm is in a wheelchair from getting shot.

This was written in 1996. Grimm claims the battle happened at a Def Jam Christmas Party so people assumed it was after X was signed, but Grimm also said X battled Jay after he battled him, meaning the battle would've happened in 1994/1995. And if that's the case, then it's very possible this was about Grimm.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Imagine someone robbing nikkas with a dog... no gun in sight...and still question their validity in the streets.. and its not like he was only robbing civilians he was dead known for sticking up drug dealers and street nikkas too. For X to run up with a dog and risk being shot/killed and it never happening speaks volumes to how tough he was. Im sure he got in tons of fights and who's to say he never caught a body... I wouldn't be surprised... and he was doing dirt like that before RR was backing him
Facts. When Maino had Dee from Ruff Ryders on his podcast, Maino said when he was locked up, when X popped in the mainstreamed mad people told him they knew X from robbing/sticking nikkas up in Yonkers and the Bronx from years back. His rep was solidified.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
I agree but he never did any of this on a bigger level. I got gun charges and rob drug dealers a number of times. Maybe I am tough but I got the shyt beat out of me plenty of times :russ: there's no evidence that DMX (at Its Dark And Hell Is Hot release) was out here beating the fukk out of people. Of course DMX is the man and a thoro ass dude... (he would if he had to) but he's not running up on anyone over some random rap shyt ... he never did

that goes with your other arguement about the 2pac verse DMX spit, its amazing and hilarious
but 2pac shot police, shot himself pulling out while he was getting robbed etc.... DMX has a history during his rap run never fighting or shooting anyone. All he did was get high, impersonate police while fleeing, overdose and slowly fall off. So it kind of takes the sting and reality away from laughing at someone "fleeing from his robbers like a white bytch" when you are a dude crying on albums about your addiction and overdosing consistently. Ironically the examples you gave of DMX (before fame) are the same ones DMX tried dissing 2pac for (actually being involved)... while DMX has no record of anything on that level, in reality. You can name like 7-10 examples of 2pac being in near death situations or terrible fights :dead: he has more fights than times DMX overdosed with DMX still having 0 fights with anyone

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If DMX and Pac beefed around the late 90s/early 2000s Pac would win off of popularity alone. DMX would not be as popular as he was if Pac didn't die, although his style is different he helped fill the void that Pac left.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I agree but he never did any of this on a bigger level. I got gun charges and rob drug dealers a number of times. Maybe I am tough but I got the shyt beat out of me plenty of times :russ: there's no evidence that DMX (at Its Dark And Hell Is Hot release) was out here beating the fukk out of people. Of course DMX is the man and a thoro ass dude... (he would if he had to) but he's not running up on anyone over some random rap shyt ... he never did

that goes with your other arguement about the 2pac verse DMX spit, its amazing and hilarious
but 2pac shot police, shot himself pulling out while he was getting robbed etc.... DMX has a history during his rap run never fighting or shooting anyone. All he did was get high, impersonate police while fleeing, overdose and slowly fall off. So it kind of takes the sting and reality away from laughing at someone "fleeing from his robbers like a white bytch" when you are a dude crying on albums about your addiction and overdosing consistently. Ironically the examples you gave of DMX (before fame) are the same ones DMX tried dissing 2pac for (actually being involved)... while DMX has no record of anything on that level, in reality. You can name like 7-10 examples of 2pac being in near death situations or terrible fights :dead: he has more fights than times DMX overdosed with DMX still having 0 fights with anyone

Did you rob nikkas with a dog?
Lol at judging nikkas off fights after becoming famous... no disrespect but thats why pac is dead. He thought he was untouchable. He once said "why would someone that looks like me try to hurt me" but he was running around beating nikkas that look like him up.

I cant judge whos thurough off industry fights.. it makes no sense.. why would he run up on a nikka over some random rap shyt when he's famous? Why would he rob nikkas still after he made it lol. Yeah he has a history of doing stupid shyt after being famous but he also impersonated an officer in 98 too before he blew up. Its a retarded crime but it is what it is.

Pac got the drop on off duty cops and shot them... beat up the Hughes brothers.... when he beat up a nikka in a position to fight back he got killed

Show me instances of pac beating nikkas up when he was a ballerina... before he started playing bishop. We can do this both ways

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I remember the rumor was this was at MF Grimm. They had battled before, and MF Grimm is in a wheelchair from getting shot.

This was written in 1996. Grimm claims the battle happened at a Def Jam Christmas Party so people assumed it was after X was signed, but Grimm also said X battled Jay after he battled him, meaning the battle would've happened in 1994/1995. And if that's the case, then it's very possible this was about Grimm.

I've heard that before. But people only make that correlation after hearing the album get at me dog... if you listen to the original freestyle is kind of tailored for pac down to the Baltimore reference