A 2Pac and DMX rivalry would have been the wildest rap beef of all time.

Daps
2Pac and DMX are not similar musically, but they are visually, and Def Jam most definitely took advantage of that in marketing DMX. You'd have had to be around at that time, but in 1997-1999, people were looking for the next "2Pac". It is not a fluke that Master P, Ja Rule, and DMX all blew up/were most popular around that time, not to mention C-Murder, Drama, Lil Zane, etc. etc. When Pac died, a lot of people whether aesthetically or musically were trying to jump in that gap. DMX had been out for years, but he just happened to pop off at that moment in time, because there was a gap and fans could gravitate. He also could bring out emotion in his music, same as Pac.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Yall gotta chill. First of all X came out 2years after pac died... the whole fill the void shyt is a coincidence... X was in and out of jail his whole life which is why he never got on sooner.

A good portion of his songs were already written too. There's footage of X performing Slippin to the Juicy beat at a BBQ in 94... and slippin came out to the mainstream 4 yrs later. X was that nikka from the jump.

X was already X.... nikkas talking about he turned into this and that and was marketed like pac... X was already bald and DMX only had 2 tattoos on the beginning of his career so the "tatted up" comparison is stupid as well. Are yall talking about a bandanna? I wanna know what these similarities in their looks are

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
Nah, I think it would have been an awkward, short-lived beef before being squashed just like the situation with Nas.
They would have either gradually grew to be friends over a long time or be friendly rivals with a mutual respect .

either way I see them being friends at a distance very early on, not no super friends shyt right off the back. When you got two ,for lack of a better word - Alpha type nikkas with more than a few similarities, they would more than likely respect each other from afar and stay out of each other's orbit because their respective crews might escalate shyt.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
Also if Pac is alive, than its safe to assume Biggie would be too, which would create some interesting dynamics and seeing industry/ street politics play out between the who's who on the east coast.

East coast was way more volatile in terms of nikkas wanting the crown and so forth. I think that East vs West shyt would have imploded into there being an all-out eastcoast on east coast battle royale. The fukkery between the 5 boroughs.

queens nikkas siding with harlem nikkas against brooklyn nikkas which somehow spills over to philly nikkas.

I think 1997 - 2003 would have seen unprecedented levels of fukkery, with all these legends jockying for a place at the top, the infighting, defecting to other crews etc.

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
Obviously, we'll never know but X has always struck me kind of odd when it comes to rap beef especially considering his persona.

Outside of Ja and Solo, it seemed like he'd mostly go to subliminals. Not that it would have mattered because Christ did Pac read way too much into rap lines.

Where was X in his career in 199y
giphy.gif

Would've been like a real life Tom and Jerry beef.

blue+cat+blues+3.gif

After a drink or three and a diss or two it would've been on sight:

a3ef1335f1772145d648122d250f18aa.gif

At the end they'd probably be like this tho because both were highly strung and neither would give in:

tumblr_m67nxrRK1Q1qbmj6no1_500.gif

Plus they were maturing. Then we'd have a joint album:

tom-and-jerry-china.gif

Because it was just rap beef and this is a contact sport. Hip hop police would've been like:

e1c69ebb1bcc9e8b319e584abe4b61a9.gif

Cos the last thing they want is unity. Then they'd start beefing again:

d42f5e9536d25ce579fc026be3c8355a.gif

With a little help from their "friends:"

giphy.gif

Till one or both were dead...

As both repped a lot of the same things and made you feel their pain.

I tried to rep but it wouldn't let me.

Bravo.

Anyway, it's a difficult situation to ponder.

Not just because Pac died in 1996 but also for a former battle rapper X was kind of cagey when it came to mainstream beef.

I know about the infamous "suck my dikk" line but ultimately wasnt that direct at K Solo? A person he had legit beef with.

Outside of Ja, he didnt really balantly diss anyone and used a suprising amount of New York subliminals. Look at all the speculation about "Party Up." He threw subliminals at Jay, the LOX at one point, and Ja before it was all out in the open.

I'm sure far more.

Kurupt called out X's name and we got a track that had some people thinking it could have been about a couple people including Eminem.

That said, Pac was so paranoid he found attacks in subliminals that may or not have been there. Also, with X being cool with Jay in the beginning of their careers I'm sure X would have caught some strays from Pac.

And I also don't see X backing down from Pac.

Honestly outside of their looks and that depression fueled vulnerability (their Scarface influence on both adds up), they're not that much alike.

Also, the comparison arised mainly because Pac had just died after releasing a block buster of an album. At that point, he was a major presence and his absence along with Big's left a massive vacuum.

We don't know if X would have exploded into the mainstream if they were still here.

It's fun to think about.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Also if Pac is alive, than its safe to assume Biggie would be too, which would create some interesting dynamics and seeing industry/ street politics play out between the who's who on the east coast.

East coast was way more volatile in terms of nikkas wanting the crown and so forth. I think that East vs West shyt would have imploded into there being an all-out eastcoast on east coast battle royale. The fukkery between the 5 boroughs.

queens nikkas siding with harlem nikkas against brooklyn nikkas which somehow spills over to philly nikkas.

I think 1997 - 2003 would have seen unprecedented levels of fukkery, with all these legends jockying for a place at the top, the infighting, defecting to other crews etc.

And in the midst of all of that Shyne pops up. That timeline would've been a crazy hip hop civil war if Pacs One Nation thing hadn't popped off and squashed it via Death Row East.

Thinking of, Shyne on DR would've been :pachaha: as he always was a fan of Pac.

DarkandHellisHot

All Star
Daps
Obviously, we'll never know but X has always struck me kind of odd when it comes to rap beef especially considering his persona.

Outside of Ja and Solo, it seemed like he'd mostly go to subliminals. Not that it would have mattered because Christ did Pac read way too much into rap lines.

Where was X in his career in 199y

I tried to rep but it wouldn't let me.

Bravo.

Anyway, it's a difficult situation to ponder.

Not just because Pac died in 1996 but also for a former battle rapper X was kind of cagey when it came to mainstream beef.

I know about the infamous "suck my dikk" line but ultimately wasnt that direct at K Solo? A person he had legit beef with.

Outside of Ja, he didnt really balantly diss anyone and used a suprising amount of New York subliminals. Look at all the speculation about "Party Up." He threw subliminals at Jay, the LOX at one point, and Ja before it was all out in the open.

I'm sure far more.

Kurupt called out X's name and we got a track that had some people thinking it could have been about a couple people including Eminem.

That said, Pac was so paranoid he found attacks in subliminals that may or not have been there. Also, with X being cool with Jay in the beginning of their careers I'm sure X would have caught some strays from Pac.

And I also don't see X backing down from Pac.

Honestly outside of their looks and that depression fueled vulnerability (their Scarface influence on both adds up), they're not that much alike.

Also, the comparison arised mainly because Pac had just died after releasing a block buster of an album. At that point, he was a major presence and his absence along with Big's left a massive vacuum.

We don't know if X would have exploded into the mainstream if they were still here.

It's fun to think about.
i may be confusing facts but i think he only changed to K-solo because Pac died. i remember reading about this.. cant tell if was told by X or a person close to him