"8% tips don't pay my tuition"- thot

Should tips be enough to pay college tuition?

• Yes

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • No

Votes: 101 91.8%

• Total voters

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Only tip if you plan on returning..

If youre just passing through..fukk em.

Tipping is degrading..imagine working a job where you live off the public's donations like a fukking bum on the street :mjlol:

And black people cant figure out why they have the reputation of bad tippers....still want that A class service though. :mjlol:

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
TLR hates working class people. :mjlol:

The #1 political complaint on TLR is that "Black folk don't have enough wealth and need reparations", but when a Black person actually complains that they job don't pay enough, TLR shyts on them and says it's their own fault.

That doesn't make any logical sense at all. :gucci:
Reach... this is about tipping and entitlement. Not wages. I’m sure the majority of people would agree that waiters/waitresses should just get paid a fair wage instead of relying on tips with amounts that have nothing to do with the actual service rendered.

We’re so conditioned to pay tips based on the check amount that most of us don’t even think about how little sense it makes. Not to mention it’s almost exclusively an American thing.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
$15 is a shytty tip?
it should at least be 20%, so if it was 200 dollars, the tip should have been 40, you can't do that, you shouldn't go out or go str8 the bar, take the waitress out of it

wongzini

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only places where the waiters should receive tips that are a percentage of the total bill should be fine dining restaurants where the service is actually catered to you.

Tipping the percentage of the bill at an Applebee’s and TGI Friday’s don’t make sense to me...

:martin:

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Only broke nikkas don't tip. You're supposed to tip at least 25% if the service is great.

That is an unwritten rule. Stay out of restaurants if you can't abide by those rules.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Sad the amount of daps this got. That is a shytty tip. If people still can’t figure out how shyt works then get takeout or eat at home.
Please explain logically why tips for a waiter are correlated with the cost of the meal or why an extra $15 for an hour of service is shytty. Forget what society has taught you about tips. From your own critical thought, please explain how it makes sense.

If someone is getting 3-4 dollars an hour plus an extra 15, that’s $18-19 an hour. Even if you believe in tipping (as I do, even thought it makes little sense) I don’t understand how you can fault someone for tipping $15 just because “it’s not 15%” as if tipping is mandatory in the first place.

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
Please explain logically why tips for a waiter are correlated with the cost of the meal or why an extra $15 for an hour of service is shytty. Forget what society has taught you about tips. From your own critical thought, please explain how it makes sense.

If someone is getting 3-4 dollars an hour plus an extra 15, that’s $18-19 an hour. Even if you believe in tipping (as I do, even thought it makes little sense) I don’t understand how you can fault someone for tipping $15 just because “it’s not 15%” as if tipping is mandatory in the first place.
Because in a restaurant, servers tip out other staff based off their total overall sales. So if you leave Becky $5 on a $200 check, $9 out of that $200 gets tipped out to bartenders, food runners, bussers, etc. So basically Becky just paid $4 for you to eat. It’s not like waiters/waitresses keep the entire tip. If you can’t afford to tip take ya ass to McDonalds

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
I typically tip well, but the cost is already in the food. I can go to the grocery store and cook up a good burger myself for $6 but you charge me $14. With the pandemic I dont tip well on doordash, why should i pay you extra whether you're delivering a $150 meal or $15 meal, it comes in the same bag

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
More proof that this is a dumb ass generation with all they dry snitching.

This shyt goes viral and it gets backlash she may get fired. And then she gonna feel really stupid.

Second of all thats how service gigs are. You might get a small tip or no tip but then the next customer gives you a big tip.

Case in point. I have AAA and last month I needed my car to be towed to my mechanic who is maybe 20 minutes away from where I live. I call AAA and they send a tow truck to my house to get my car. Its a brotha who is in the tow truck. He hooks my car up to the flat bed and I bless him with a 80 dollar tip before he leaves.

The brotha says man thank you cause I already made 4 runs today and no one tipped me. You the first customer that tipped me today and it was well worth it coming out here.