"8% tips don't pay my tuition"- thot

Should tips be enough to pay college tuition?

• Yes

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • No

Votes: 101 91.8%

• Total voters

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
:mjlol:

Funny this is, when you go Overseas, tipping isn’t even a thing.

She is ungrateful. Accept the money and keep it pushing. Ppl don’t understand hard work these days.
Not true in all countries.
5 pages and nobody said this... the fault isn’t in the customer nor the waitress who expects more money... it’s on the bullsh1t USA system of relying heavily on tips and not paying waiters/waitresses a real wage that is at fault here... it’s a crap system, scrap it and do like Europe... just another case of the United States being behind in allowing entities to skate by while letting the general worker and consumer to fit the bill
People have said, but are being a$$holes about it. My thing is if you truly feel that way, stop patronizing the companies and give them a reason to change the system instead of playing into their hands by running up a $90 bill the company is getting regardless and leaving $5 for the person you know gets fukked over.
Put the damn cost in the meal to pay your staff. Shifting responsibility to customers doing algebra is horse shyt and always will be. You know who worked what table. If that server got the customers to purchase an upscale item, reward a %. Simple
Y'all not ready to pay $25+ for a burger and fries and $8 for a soda lol. Bottom lines ain't budging.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I ain’t even tryna be bogus but I used to work as a cook and the servers will sometimes make 300 in a night

u said u can make 200 in 4 hours which would be about 400 for a whole 8 .. people at warehouses make maybe 400 a week for 40 hours

mfs bytch too much smh
Where were you cooking? This had to be somewhere upscale where no bills were under 100. If a waiter is making 200-300 in 4-5 hours in a casual/lower-tier dining venue they're serving half the tables in the building and struggling to get it.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Tipping culture remains stupid and illogical :mjlol:

People calling it a shytty tip have been conditioned to blindly judge a tip by some silly ass % metric. She got paid $15 for less than an hours worth of work (was likely working multiple tables during the time she waited on them). Furthermore, her effort is no different if I order the cheapest entree on the menu than if I order the most expensive item, so why should the tip be any different? But alas this is the culture we live in. :francis:
This. fukk tipping culture, im not your damn employer I aint got to pay u shyt just to stand in front of my table asking me 'what can i get you' :scust:

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
Not true in all countries.

People have said, but are being a$$holes about it. My thing is if you truly feel that way, stop patronizing the companies and give them a reason to change the system instead of playing into their hands by running up a $90 bill the company is getting regardless and leaving $5 for the person you know gets fukked over.

Y'all not ready to pay $25+ for a burger and fries and $8 for a soda lol. Bottom lines ain't budging.
Says who though? If I leave the "appropriate" tip I'm spending the same right? The meal 15+5 and 20 is the same thing. Just cut out the middle bs to avoid stories about some random guy paying your tuition or rent.

The meal is costing $20 either way. Just list it so I know my bill from the menu

King Poetic

Grandfather of….
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Sea
People talking about 15 dollars is a bad tip

first off she should be happy she got something in the first place with corona going on

and then say she works 8 hours and do like 6 to 10 tables in that period and everyone left 15 dollar tip... that’s 90 to 160 dollars for that shift

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Says who though? If I leave the "appropriate" tip I'm spending the same right? The meal 15+5 and 20 is the same thing. Just cut out the middle bs to avoid stories about some random guy paying your tuition or rent.

The meal is costing $20 either way. Just list it so I know my bill from the menu
You're said adjust the cost of the meal for the companies to pay a respectable wage. No big business is going to keep their prices the same and raise employee wages from shyt like $3 an hour to 3-5x that. If they adjust meal cost, the actual price of your items will basically double.

What it sounds like you're asking is for mandatory gratuity. Clubs do that with bottles, maybe some upscale dining but it almost isn't necessary for that clientele. The Applebee's/Red Lobsters/Friday's level chain will never do that because it would drive most everyday people like 85% of us this thread away.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
American tip culture is weird :mjlol:

Just pay people correctly.

it is weird.

people get shamed for not tipping “enough” when the restaurant/business needs to pay its people a proper wage. That responsibility shouldn’t fall on the customer who is literally paying for whatever services the business offers.

you literally get better customer service at an Apple store but no one is expecting a tip after bringing you $1500 laptop. Just crazy. It’s one thing to tip your doorman if he’s doing some extra shyt for you but the main job of the waitress is to take your order and bring it out. It’s not like the bytch is helping cook the food.

And if you don’t tip as much as someone else then there’s an issue?

fukk that shyt. Pay your damn workers properly and and stop disrespecting your customers by making them pay more. They already pay tax on the damn meal.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
This is why I like Europe and Asia tipping doesn’t exist you get good service pay your meal and leave

At this point in this country, I would rather take my food to go and enjoy that shyt at the crib or a park.

We’ve all had restaurant experiences where the customer service has been iffy at best and then you damn near feel guilted into tipping because that’s what you’re “supposed” to do. fukk all that shyt.

during CoronaMania it has been far more enjoyable to enjoy a meal at home. And here in the city if you want exceptional service you flat out have to go to nicer places that either make their employees act like they like being there or the waiters just want to give good service.

I don’t miss restaurants at all, real talk. I might miss the food but everything else that comes with it is pointless and I’d be more than happy to order ahead and pick it up.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
At this point in this country, I would rather take my food to go and enjoy that shyt at the crib or a park.

We’ve all had restaurant experiences where the customer service has been iffy at best and then you damn near feel guilted into tipping because that’s what you’re “supposed” to do. fukk all that shyt.

during CoronaMania it has been far more enjoyable to enjoy a meal at home. And here in the city if you want exceptional service you flat out have to go to nicer places that either make their employees act like they like being there or the waiters just want to give good service.

I don’t miss restaurants at all, real talk. I might miss the food but everything else that comes with it is pointless and I’d be more than happy to order ahead and pick it up.

All truth :salute: I haven’t ate at a restaurant in almost 6 months now. I’ve only really done pizza take out and like Uber eats when I had a gift card.

I don’t miss it at all. I even enjoy making my own food now and I was a person who’d eat out like 2-3 times a week pre covid

restaurants and waitors/waitresses should be happy people are still eating in and paying tips instead of this nonesense

I remember being in Portugal and you’re waited on hand and foot and the meal was like 8 bucks and I gave ten and they gave me back my two dollars with a smile