"8% tips don't pay my tuition"- thot

Should tips be enough to pay college tuition?

• Yes

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • No

Votes: 101 91.8%

• Total voters

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Yeah they should pay employees $15+ per hour and raise the food prices
:usure:
Restaurants are a terrible business model to begin with. Was listening to David Chang and he even admitted as such. Never knew they needed to be at 90% occupancy to even think about making a profit. All that said, pay your employees

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
There's a single mom at an IHOP somewhere who got a $3.00 tip and did the same thing as Erica without the snarky entitled meme.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
This thread is painful to read.
nikkas will bring a brick of singles to a strip club after paying a cover, then throw them in the fukking air, but are thoroughly offended at leaving decent tip for their Grand Slam at Denny's
Reading this thread is the equivalent to someone getting their first real check, asking who FICA is, and having to to be explained what taxes are.
Tipping is part of full service restaurant dining culture.
An acceptable tip for good service is 10% bare minimum.
The norm is 15-20%. Leaving less is considered a message that the service was bad.
If the service was excellent, a diner may choose to leave 25-30%
Celebrities or wealthy people may leave tips bigger than the bill for various reasons.
Tipping is not going away in the restaurant industry.
Your protest by leaving little to no tip is definitely not going to change it.
It only makes you look broke or like a piece of shyt or both.
Some people may choose to not eat with you if they find out you dont tip or deliberately leave bad tips.
They don't want your lack of couth to reflect negatively on them at their favorite restaurants and possibly result in poor service.
Black people are known in the restaurant industry for being bad tippers.
This perception is slowly starting to change but has roots of truth.
Unfortunately, like a lot of protocols, tipping is rarely explained to kids in the Black community.
So a lot of us dont know the social and financial implications of tipping until sometime into adulthood.

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
This thread is painful to read.
nikkas will bring a brick of singles to a strip club after paying a cover, then throw them in the fukking air, but are thoroughly offended at leaving decent tip for their Grand Slam at Denny's
Reading this thread is the equivalent to someone getting their first real check, asking who FICA is, and having to to be explained what taxes are.
Tipping is part of full service restaurant dining culture.
An acceptable tip for good service is 10% bare minimum.
The norm is 15-20%. Leaving less is considered a message that the service was bad.
If the service was excellent, a diner may choose to leave 25-30%
Celebrities or wealthy people may leave tips bigger than the bill for various reasons.
Tipping is not going away in the restaurant industry.
Your protest by leaving little to no tip is definitely not going to change it.
It only makes you look broke or like a piece of shyt or both.
Some people may choose to not eat with you if they find out you dont tip or deliberately leave bad tips.
They don't want your lack of couth to reflect negatively on them at their favorite restaurants and possibly result in poor service.
Black people are known in the restaurant industry for being bad tippers.
This perception is slowly starting to change but has roots of truth.
Unfortunately, like a lot of protocols, tipping is rarely explained to kids in the Black community.
So a lot of us dont know the social and financial implications of tipping until sometime into adulthood.
you turned an entitled cac bytch whining about people not paying her tuition into some "black kids dont know how to tip and its bad" rant :mjlol:

yall keep saying whats "acceptable" as if theres anything you can do about it but whine

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
if she deserves a $30-50 tip can someone explain to me why fast food workers don't deserve at minimum a living wage?

A waitress has to interact with a customer multiple times and also make sure they have a good time during their stay

McDonalds workers take an order, usually with a number "number 9" they press a key on the key pad to create the order and a few minutes later they hand you a bag. Theirs almost no interaction or customer service at all.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
So you are tipping $250 on a $1000 outing ? :skip: ok

It’s a normal thing for me honestly. I’ve been doing it since the first time I went out to buy dinner on my own when I was 18.

I also tip 25% to all Uber and Lyft riders. I literally take out my calculator and do the math.

It must be the people I hang with and my parents who Influenced me.