8/3 DAZN PPV RIYADH SEASON, AYE! THE OFFICIAL CRAWFORD - MADRIMOV FIGHT THREAD ft EVERY DAMN BODY.. YOUR EXCELLENCY, UR CRAZY FOR THIS ONE!!

CRAWFORD vs. MADRIMOV

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Not even remotely close to the same thing.

Roy moved up to fight Ruiz. Was told that a fight with Tyson was supposed to be next but it got axed. Once that happened, he went back down to fighter Tarver.
I always was curious how that'd go. Roy jones it.... Well hes special. Mike tyson was past it at that point but he still had soul snatching power

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Watched some Israil Madrimov fights today & he can crack but he's low-key ASS. Saw him reaching & lunging in on punches the same way Spence did. He's SLOW, lacks fundamentals & going to get countered to death. 11 fights, come on man. Crawford is going to knock this dude out easy

Lol I basically mentioned this but they all called me “dumb, stupid, don’t know nothing about boxing, blah blah”, etc… these guys are Crawford worshippers that try to hype up his opponents up to something that there not.

I said this in the beginning of the thread this dude is a cherry pick and hyped up Euro fighter with only 10 fights to his name.

:smh:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Roy Jones dominated Ruiz. Humilated everybody at light heavy, super middle, middleweight. This aint nothing like that. Roy Jones went to heavy at nearly 35...came down and fight Tarver instead of ducking. Got hit more because he wasnt himself after the weight gain. That's it. If Roy fought Tarver in 2002, Tarver wouldn't win one fukking round.

Crawford probably cant take a good counter power punch from Canelo. And hes nowhere near as special as Roy to put on 20 lbs and still be one of a kind.

NOBODY is as special as Roy when it comes to speed. But Bud is a way better boxer. Bud is in the Mayweather/whitaker class when it comes to that.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

One thing i worry about is that defense. There is always someone that can crack your chin at heavyweight and that was hunter for him.

How you a small Heavyweight who does not have KO power or a great chin and have that fighting style? Make it make sense :deadrose:

Out here acting like you Ray Mercer, absolutely idiotic. He should be fighting like Usyk or a Frank Sanchez. Anderson has the footwork, decent jab, can switch stances, etc. Use those attributes. He needs to change his entire style or he's not going anywhere in the Heavyweight division

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Overall a good night of boxing. Lots of great matchups and good upsets. This card was a banger, like we thought it would be.

I need to start betting again. I would have bet on Cruz losing and I like Anderson as a young black American HW, but I was never impressed with him. Was scared for him the moment he signed that contract. I may like fighters who are entertaining but if you can’t box I will always be skeptical.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
NOBODY is as special as Roy when it comes to speed. But Bud is a way better boxer. Bud is in the Mayweather/whitaker class when it comes to that.
He aint no way better nothing. He dobt have the resume or fights to be anywhere on that level. Roy at his best was better defensively, offensively..never even lost rounds. Ill rate Sugar Ray Robinson over Roy Jones. Crawford needs to see like 40 or sometjing fighters to ever be around the Roy Jones range...wtf...Roy Jones is better counterpunching, creating offense, movement, setting traps..anything. not even really close. Crawford has beat some pass expired guys. Great skills though.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
A lot of respect and caution in this fight...Bud wouldn't switch to orthodox because as good as he is, he's a southpaw and Madrimov was too dangerous to use his 1B stance. Madrimov needs to jab and work the body more but he knows Crawford could make him pay for openings especially as a southpaw. Bud dug in to close it in 11/12 but before that it could've easily been a draw.

He needs to abandon ship on Canelo talk unless he's completely fine sacrificing his 0 for bread...but there's enough talent at 154 to cement his legacy by unifying in 154 and sailing off.
I'm surprised Mad not doing bodyshots with all them ducks and low movements. For the life of me, I never understood the method of boxers focusing on headshots instead of the body .

Boxing brehs, help me understand the lack of such strategy :lupe:
Not sure if anybody answered this but Madrimov was respecting Bud's counterpunching...your hands striking a bit lower leaves a window to the head...

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I believe it even more now. He will score even more against Canelo while getting hit less. People that don’t know boxing have this notion that Canelo is some wrecking ball puncher that can walk through people. He is a BOXER with a strong chin and punch. Never forget SSM said Floyd and Canelo power was the same. Y’all equate weight with power. Madrimov got some licks in but Bud was not easy for him to hit at all.

Yeah enough of the "Canelo got a chin, Bud can't hurt him"

Did Mayweather hurt Canelo AT ALL in their fight?
Did Bivol hurt Canelo AT ALL in their fight?
Did Lara hurt Canelo AT ALL in their fight?

All 3 outboxed Canelo easily to making the fight extremely tough for him, without hurting Canelo, plain and simple. If you think Canelo is going to beat Bud, then cool. But that train of thought is just... illogical lol