[8/25/24] AEW All In: Swerve vs. Dragon; Toni Storm vs. Mariah May; Mercedes vs. Britt; Ospreay vs. MJF; Darby vs. ScapeGOAT

Who is winning?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I think Mariah was referencing this in her eulogy to Toni Storm in the Press Conference. Makes perfect sense for an England/Australia fued.

This letter was posted in The Telegraph the day after Australia beat England at Cricket for the first time at The Oval (Cricket's Wembley) in 1882. Part of the wicket that was used that day was burnt, put into an urn and has been played for every two years since in The Ashes series.

p07jgwzj.jpg

1b512bc6ae50413ea6b19ce7149439d0.jpeg

They are on a WHOLE DIFFERENT LEVEL with this programme. :wow:

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, she needs a Hangman-like character change.

But even then, it's on her to show she's worth the time and effort, like Hangman showed since late last year, and not someone that got exposed once the better talent showed up in the company, like Sammy Guevara or Jack Perry.

But she already had that character change, breh. :dead:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She did? :pachaha:

She Sammy status then :camby:

Yeah, she was generic babyface woman when she started in AEW, then turned heel and adopted what is basically her current character. The problem is that she's basically been the same character since then, and hasn't gotten much better in the ring. This might just be who ol' girl is.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
She’s not a top 5 female talent at the moment for me right now. Sorry

Top 5 where? There aren't many in the United States who are better right now. Since she's been gone from WWE she's had matches vs.

Kairi Sane, Stephanie Vaquer twice, a triple threat with Hazuki/AZM, match vs. Miyu Iwatani, fought Willow Nightengale twice, match vs. Shida and now the match vs. Britt Baker.

Britt Baker is the only so-so match. The rest are either excellent or very good. Name another woman over that same time who has a better resume :mjgrin:

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I feel better about Britt/Mercedes after watching the PPV - we were just tired and it wasn't in anyway as emotionally charged as Toni/Mariah so I didn't concentrate well in the stands.

It was a decent match, the top rope spots were great but I'm still fine with Britt not being part of a title scene for a bit. It feels like she has dues to pay and things to prove again now the roster is this stacked. :yeshrug: