[8/25/24] AEW All In: Swerve vs. Dragon; Toni Storm vs. Mariah May; Mercedes vs. Britt; Ospreay vs. MJF; Darby vs. ScapeGOAT

Who is winning?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
I can't quite put my finger on it but that Bryan/Swerve match was missing something
I feel the same way. I don't know if it was the flow of the action or if it was going to the family too soon but something didn't quite click for me. Didn't seem back and forth enough I guess.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I feel the same way. I don't know if it was the flow of the action or if it was going to the family too soon but something didn't quite click for me. Didn't seem back and forth enough I guess.
I mean yeah, if you wanted a back and forth match that was not going to be it. The story was Swerve having to put old yeller down and old yeller willing his way to a W due to the love of his family....and the ego of showing his daughter he's still the best at this wrestling shyt but he's leaving it behind because he wants to be with her more.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I mean yeah, if you wanted a back and forth match that was not going to be it. The story was Swerve having to put old yeller down and old yeller willing his way to a W due to the love of his family....and the ego of showing his daughter he's still the best at this wrestling shyt but he's leaving it behind because he wants to be with her more.

From a storytelling perspective it was pitch perfect... :wow:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
BD/Swerve actually told more than just an in-ring story. Yes, they did hold back in terms of mat work, but it was still a good match and a great moment.

The only things I’m confused about is why BD bladed early on with a phantom cut. And why did Mariah May slap her mama. :mjtf:
bytch probably deserved it!

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Mark Henry buried Britt

I feel like there's an obvious way to play this for Britt and I hope they spot it.

Next promo she cuts she acknowledges and OWNS the reactions to the match by saying something like "I thought I could just come right back and pick up where I left off, but I couldn't... going through a TIA was a bigger deal than I realised and I'm going to need to build myself back up... I'm ready to do the work, if you're prepared to take this journey with me"

Maybe give her a couple more losses on the way to a promo to knock her down to rock bottom like Garcia during the C2 - give her a lay-up match against someone like Harley and have her lose it THEN cut the promo. She becomes ROH/Rampage status for the foreseeable.

Eventually you give her the first meaningful win and she starts climbing the ladder again - but she only gets back to the title scene if *real world* she manages to raise her game to the level the top stars of the division have raised it to while she's been away.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
IMG-1895.png