77% black births to single moms, 49% for Hispanic immigrants

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Where did you hear that more than half of black men don't have kids?
There was a thread about it months back, a studycomparing single black mothers to single black fathers.

I believe it was less than half of black men are single parent too. Correction.

I can't find it so you'll have to look yourself.

Opinion | Black Dads Are Doing Best of All

78% of black men with kids, lives with their kids.

Better yet, black men are more involved with their children than any other race of men.

Last edited:

BIXBY

Pro
Daps
OP with some fake CAC produced propaganda... :hhh:

Marriage isn't the problem... there's institutional racism and plenty of barriers to starting a household in this country for brothers... focusing on issues like oow births you lose site of the real oppression going on outchea :francis:

Black Sinatra

Raised Glass to the Squandered Potentials..
Daps
Reppin
DSGB
That's our thing.... Don't see why it is classified in a negative light... It's part of our social evolution and survival instincts. Considering all the obstacles, pitfalls, and dangers facing black Americans, we should be having even more babies. Look at the white birthrates all around the world... Do they know what their talking about? Nope. They're killing themselves with their antiquated parenting model. I'll trust in the instincts of my people who have survived one attempted genocide after another...

I am not going to dismiss your post breh. After many nights of pontification on the very subject on how to remedy the OOW issue or lack of marriage issue etc. You touched on something overlooked by most.
1. The definition and purpose of a marriage in a modern evolved sense in the black community.
2. Survival.
3. Antiquated models of marriage.

Not a Brother Polight stan, but he has a firm concept on Love as a business and marriage as a contract. Dude has negotiated a partnership with 4-5 women, and he has constructed a mechanism to be around all of his children; while simultaneously financing and developing wealth fro everyone involved. It's a business model interwtined with family structure. He does this by selling information to people that desire it. People hate the man, but are really envious. While admitting that 90% of men cannot lead a household structure such as this successfully without actuating a self aware and confident individuality capable of gaining the followship/partnership of several women willing to see the concept as ideal.

Truth be told, I would not feel so bad about working my entire life away...if I were allowed more children and partners to build with healthily. :yeshrug:

This may sound like a round about way of having multiple women access, but I promise....I was being genuine with the brainstorm there.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
I don't like the classification of illegimate child because the parents aren't married. Plenty of black fathers be in the picture whether they on good terms with they baby mom or not. It just feels like a BS stat to demonize black people, in particular black women for not living up to a Christian standard.
This is why the percentage is as high as it is. This sums up the bytchmade dishonesty, denial, and overall lack of responsibility that sums up the mentality of a lot of us in the community.

Daps
There was a thread about it months back, a studycomparing single black mothers to single black fathers.

I believe it was less than half of black men are single parent too.

I can't find it so you'll have to look yourself.

Opinion | Black Dads Are Doing Best of All

78% of black men with kids, lives with their kids.

Better yet, black men are more involved with their children than any other race of men.

The statement that over half of black men are childless didn't come from a legitimate source, so I disregard it.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
It's a lot of talk in here about black fathers still being involved and i don't deny that some are. I coparent my damn self
But the numbers for poverty and education level don't really suggest that there is a strong stable environment for our kids, which is what you would expect . so either these numbers are closer to being real or we as a whole are doing a shytty job of getting out of last place social economically. (probably some combination of both)

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Repped. I been saying this for WEEKS and nikkas still want to make excuses on why they are supporting this dumb ass baby momma system and wonder why we still getting our caps peeled by police and filling up the prison industrial complex.

Breh, I've made a thread about everything welfare/government assistance does to harm our community and I was immediately branded a republican and a cac.

Ain't no use in having these types of conversations with those who are in their feelings or looking to deflect onto whites (who are in a completely different socioeconomic stratosphere).

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
Well we are an oversexed people and have been for over at least 100 years(from blues and jazz to modern social media it's very evident) and many of us don't come from two parent households to begin with :manny:

I can't remember the last time I met a black chick in her 20s that wasn't a single mother. shyt is borderline disgusting and a bit of a turn off at this point.

Nobody wanna marry a chick who already don been seeded up by some nikka :pachaha:should've thought of that shyt in high school

If you not from the ghetto don't quote me, we different

I'll wait for the coli militants to neg me while completely ignoring racist hispanics like drunk Mexican and boricqua king in here throwing shots at y'all dumbass

Last edited:

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
This thread is nothing but deflections, for the most part.

If good information comes from a bad source, it's still good information; if bad information comes from a good source, it's still bad information.

Surely you can question the motive behind the study and review the stats with a skeptical eye but nothing in the study indicates that it's a bad/inaccurate survey.

Even if you trash the study altogether, if you think of the majority of black families that you know and/or have seen in public, the unfortunately all-too-common truth is that they're almost always devoid of black fathers/husbands.

Y'all need to get out of your feelings and accept the hard reality. Y'all are actually doing more harm than good by avoiding and denying this reality.

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
You dont have to be married to be a father breh...just saying.....if you get married just because of kids....odds are you looking at divorce down the line any way.....

You are absolutely right my brother...you don't have to be married to be a great father. But our culture should still strive for that ideal. It is the epitome of cowardice to leave a black woman to raise a child alone.

Last edited:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Race aside because I think this is an American problem in general, marriage signifies commitment. Its important. It's not enough just to "be in your kid's life," you gotta be living with them and your spouse. That's what a family unit is, and couples who are married are much more likely to be living together than those who aren't.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Breh, I've made a thread about everything welfare/government assistance does to harm our community and I was immediately branded a republican and a cac.

Ain't no use in having these types of conversations with those who are in their feelings or looking to deflect onto whites (who are in a completely different socioeconomic stratosphere).

nikkas are in an arrested state of mental development. These nikkas would've called brother Malcolm a c00n because that dude had loads of tough love for the black community. How you gonna fix anything if you refuse to talk about it or get mad at anyone pointing out areas you need to do better in?

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Well we are an oversexed people and have been for over at least 100 years and many of us don't come from two parent households to begin with :manny:

I can't remember the last time I met a black chick in her 20s that wasn't a single mother. shyt is borderline disgusting and a bit of a turn off at this point.

Nobody wanna marry a chick who already don been seeded up by some nikka :pachaha:should've thought of that shyt in high school

If you not from the ghetto don't quote me, we different

I'll wait for the coli militants to neg me while completely ignoring racist hispanics like drunk Mexican and boricqua king in here throwing shots at y'all dumbass

And she couldn't because she had no father to tell her that back then or a father to calm her fast ass down and guide her right. You can't rebuild the black community without the black family and you can't rebuild no family when you got 1 nikka out there impregnating 7 women and those women expecting some cat to wife them up when they got 2 kids already.

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
And she couldn't because she had no father to tell her that back then or a father to calm her fast ass down and guide her right. You can't rebuild the black community without the black family and you can't rebuild no family when you got 1 nikka out there impregnating 7 women and those women expecting some cat to wife them up when they got 2 kids already.
That is a huge part of it. Ain't no father around to guide the daughters against mistakes such as oow children. I suppose the mother should be able to prevent the shyt herself, esp considering she made the same mistake but I guess it's a never ending cycle.

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
nikkas are in an arrested state of mental development. These nikkas would've called brother Malcolm a c00n because that dude had loads of tough love for the black community. How you gonna fix anything if you refuse to talk about it or get mad at anyone pointing out areas you need to do better in?

It's because the system has created a culture of irresponsibility and excuses. There is no respect for the Black Family because we don't respect the Black Family. The fact that Malcolm was killed in front of his wife and 4 daughters by other Black man just because he DISAGREED with the Honarable Elijah Muhummad for doing just what this thread is based on proves it.