77% black births to single moms, 49% for Hispanic immigrants

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The statement that over half of black men are childless didn't come from a legitimate source, so I disregard it.
Which is why I corrected myself.

Point is, your opinion that black men needs to be the focus is dumb as fukk when you take into account that 78% of black men live with their child.

The focus should be why such a large percentage of these woman don't have a man in the house if only a small percent of black men aren't in the picture.

Daps
Which is why I corrected myself.

Point is, your opinion that black men needs to be the focus is dumb as fukk when you take into account that 78% of black men live with their child.

The focus should be why such a large percentage of these woman don't have a man in the house if only a small percent of black men aren't in the picture.

Bro, that study you posted did NOT say that 78% of black men live with their child. Go read it more carefully and quit blurting out random shyt.

I said in my original post that we need to focus on those black men who go around impregnating women, then abandoning their kids. I understand that they comprise a small percentage of black men but they still need to be held accountable.

That's all.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Bro, that study you posted did NOT say that 78% of black men live with their child. Go read it more carefully and quit blurting out random shyt.

I said in my original post that we need to focus on those black men who go around impregnating women, then abandoning their kids. I understand that they comprise a small percentage of black men but they still need to be held accountable.

That's all.
So that small percentage should be the focus and held accountable while the women having kids by them, and greatly outnumber them shouldn't?

Women seeking that type of men is a bigger problem is all I'm saying.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I encourage everyone to read the actual study here
@MansaMusa catches a lot of this crap too.

When you read and analyze it you realize these howlers
The National Center for Health Statistics said that in 2015, 77.3 percent of non-immigrant black births were illegitimate. The national non-immigrant average is 42 percent, and it was 30 percent for whites.
:duck:
No it didn't. The Health Stats only track Hispanic/Non-Hispanic origin and nonresident/resident status. You can say non-resident is immigrant but there is still something funny with the numbers as I will explain shortly.

In the article OP quote, the nonimmigrant Black birth number is 477,742. In Table 1 of the health stats linked in the first line of this post, the total birth number of Blacks, including only US residents, is 640,079. Even if we include the number of immigrant Black births in the OP article of 89,252 we still fall short of this number. So they are shrinking the denominator somehow to inflate the result.

Even more at 640,079 being the "native" Black births, the total (all Black regardless of residency) unmarried births are 448,531 which give an unmarried birth rate of 70%. If you split hairs and look only at Non-Hispanic Blacks, the total births are 589,047 and unmarried births are 415,589 giving a ratio of 70.5%. Since 640,079 only includes resident Blacks, if you take out nonresidents from the 448k the number only gets smaller and the unmarried rate goes down

Something smells fishy
The only way I got about 77% (76% to be exact) was to use the total unmarried births of all Blacks at 448,531 and divide it by the total births of non-Hispanic Blacks to get 76%.:wtb:
Note the 30% rate for Whites is what you get if you do it the right way including all Whites for births/unmarried births or just non-Hispanic Whites for births/unmarried births. If they used all White unmarried births and divide it by non-Hispanic White population you get close to 50% which is a suspect number just like the 77%.

The real rates are about 70% for Blacks, 30% for Whites. With Blacks even if you exclude Hispanic Blacks you get similar data.

Even if they downloaded the 5GB of dataset that these numbers come from, there is still a huge gap in the total Black births they account for. It doesn't tie and it should.

----
NOW

Being married I obviously support it but a couple of facts people should know:

The percentage of children to unmarried women in the Black community has been around 70% for about 20 years.

The rise of children to unmarried women in the Black community was not largely driven by poor women having more kids. Poor womens' fertility has been falling for a generation. What happened is married fertility (among Blacks) fell even faster so the proportion of kids out of marriage is about 1/2 the consequence of married people having few or no kids.

Also despite unmarried births, Census reports 41% of Black kids grow up in 2 parent homes. Not perfect by far but not the 30% or less you think.

The trumpeting of our unfortunately high unmarried birth rate is a bit of a smokescreen. We have been there 20 years at the same rate while in the same time Whites have gone from about 10% to 30%--a 3x increase. The rate is lower but they are the ones gaining on us. Misery loves company:smugbiden:

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
And she couldn't because she had no father to tell her that back then or a father to calm her fast ass down and guide her right. You can't rebuild the black community without the black family and you can't rebuild no family when you got 1 nikka out there impregnating 7 women and those women expecting some cat to wife them up when they got 2 kids already.

Keep your produce out the market when it's fresh and get mad when no one wants to buy it when you finally decide to sell moldy fruit brehettes.

I never got the whole "I'm 35, flabby, tired with wild kids. you need to settle down and marry me " mindset.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I am so tired of the rationalization tactics. nikkas always want to say the game is rigged but they keep falling into the same old traps that the game has laid out for them. nikka wear a condom and be more careful about the Woman you select. Woman make him wear a condom and be more careful about the quality and providing ability about the Man you select. If you fukking so many broke Men you gotta leave all 3 daddies off the birth certificate and refuse to marry any of them it indicates you are a failure in life. Period.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra

No it didn't. The Health Stats only track Hispanic/Non-Hispanic origin and nonresident/resident status. You can say non-resident is immigrant but there is still something funny with the numbers as I will explain shortly.

In the article OP quote, the nonimmigrant Black birth number is 477,742. In Table 1 of the health stats linked in the first line of this post, the total birth number of Blacks, including only US residents, is 640,079. Even if we include the number of immigrant Black births in the OP article of 89,252 we still fall short of this number. So they are shrinking the denominator somehow to inflate the result.

Even more at 640,079 being the "native" Black births, the total (all Black regardless of residency) unmarried births are 448,531 which give an unmarried birth rate of 70%. If you split hairs and look only at Non-Hispanic Blacks, the total births are 589,047 and unmarried births are 415,589 giving a ratio of 70.5%. Since 640,079 only includes resident Blacks, if you take out nonresidents from the 448k the number only gets smaller and the unmarried rate goes down

Something smells fishy
The only way I got about 77% (76% to be exact) was to use the total unmarried births of all Blacks at 448,531 and divide it by the total births of non-Hispanic Blacks to get 76%.:wtb:
Note the 30% rate for Whites is what you get if you do it the right way including all Whites for births/unmarried births or just non-Hispanic Whites for births/unmarried births. If they used all White unmarried births and divide it by non-Hispanic White population you get close to 50% which is a suspect number just like the 77%.

The real rates are about 70% for Blacks, 30% for Whites. With Blacks even if you exclude Hispanic Blacks you get similar data.

Even if they downloaded the 5GB of dataset that these numbers come from, there is still a huge gap in the total Black births they account for. It doesn't tie and it should.

----
NOW

The percentage of children to unmarried women in the Black community has been around 70% for about 20 years.

The rise of children to unmarried women in the Black community was not largely driven by poor women having more kids. Poor womens' fertility has been falling for a generation. What happened is married fertility (among Blacks) fell even faster so the proportion of kids out of marriage is about 1/2 the consequence of married people having few or no kids.

Also despite unmarried births, Census reports 41% of Black kids grow up in 2 parent homes. Not perfect by far but not the 30% or less you think.

The trumpeting of our unfortunately high unmarried birth rate is a bit of a smokescreen. We have been there 20 years at the same rate while in the same time Whites have gone from about 10% to 30%--a 3x increase. The rate is lower but they are the ones gaining on us. Misery loves company:smugbiden:

We're the canary in the coal mine, really given the huge increase seen among whites.

What's their dysfunction?
:lolbron:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I don't like the classification of illegimate child because the parents aren't married. Plenty of black fathers be in the picture whether they on good terms with they baby mom or not. It just feels like a BS stat to demonize black people, in particular black women for not living up to a Christian standard.

There was a article last year showing unmarried Black men are way more involved with their kids than other races

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
In reality what has happened is married black have less children than ever before and funilly enough the number of oow child birth as dropped.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db89.pdf
Black Teen pregancy rate has dropped by more than 50% since 91 to 2010

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/2011/006.pdf
Number of births period for all teenage black women have dropped absolutely, as well as percentage from 1970 to 2010

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/2011/007.pdf
The kicker as the percentage of live births to unwed mothers increased for ALL RACES increased, with blacks going to 72% (and 77%), for black americans the births per 1,000 unwed women 15 - 44 years old dropped from a 1970s rate of 95.5 per 1,000 to a 2010 rate of 65.3, meaning black unwed mothers numbers for child births actually dropped by a 1/3rd. During the same period white woman damn near increased the number of unwed pregnancies by 3 times.

BlackNews.com - Should We Be Worried About the Declining Black Marital Birth Rate?

In short, stop spouting white supremacist talking points
:salute:I've been trying to explain this to people for ages. But it always devolves into a gender battle b/c rejects in our community see legit issues as ammunition against the opposite sex. I definitely think blks should be more responsible but there is ALWAYS more

Something smells fishy

----
NOW

So much to discuss here. Will unpack later. Thanks for the rationality!

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:Thinkingsmilie_1:Why aren't the studies done where whites are leading in negative behavior ever front page news, like drug overdoses and molestations? And I could of sworn just a couple of years back white people were at close to 50% out of wedlock births, now they're at 30:mjlol:.

They run tings. This is how it works.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't like the classification of illegimate child because the parents aren't married. Plenty of black fathers be in the picture whether they on good terms with they baby mom or not. It just feels like a BS stat to demonize black people, in particular black women for not living up to a Christian standard.
that's not even the biggest point. the point of this stat is that it proves what would happen if you victimize a people for hundreds of years. not 1 year. not 10. not 50. I said 100's of years. you know like the America was founded 100's of years ago. you know like 1 zero, zero x 4. I think we're actually running up on 500+ years of this to be honest.

what would happen if you stole some people from their original land. took them across the ocean to never return. you treated them like cattle. you made them work 16+ hour days with little to no sleep, little food(they ate scraps). you beat em, kill em, rape me, etc, etc. wash, rinse, repeat. you let them be free but not really because you instead start throwing them in jail just cause you wanted that cheap labor and you like to have someone around to abuse. its like kicking the cat when you get pissed. blacks are whites cats. yep, jayz, harpo productions. You, me. all of us are victims. thinking otherwise is counter productive.

the first thing one must do is admit the condition he or she is in mentally. then you can move forward. without admitting that. keep denying your victim status. and you will always be delusional about things. no matter how much money you have or how famous you may become.

I guarantee you if this was done to white people they would be just as bad off if not worse.

if you're not sure about that. look no further than the financial crisis, jobs going overseas and a few too many immigrants coming to the states, and throw in automation. because white people can no longer just have their way. even though they are still in 10x's the financial shape blacks are in. they are now getting strung out on drugs at a record rate. we saw them committing suicide during the financial down turn. as much nonsense we go thru. you would swear blacks should be by far the highest rates of suicide but we aint. how? I don't know. that's some serious mental fortitude.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Agreed.

My only argument against marriage, is that in many cases, it's legally against the best interests of men should the relationship end up in a divorce, because men typically get royally screwed by the process and the courts...

But marriage is absolutely ideal to repairing the structure of the black family. It legally combines assets and investments and ultimately increases the family's wealth giving more and BETTER options for both parties and their children. If you have a two parent married household…chances are you'll have a dual income that will allow you to buy a better home, in a better neighborhood, with better schools in a safer environment. You'll have MORE discretionary income for whatever else you need be it for college savings, other investments, and extracurricular activities….You can legally combine assets and pass them down to your children too. You know? All that stuff that people claim black folks don't have because of racism….
How isn't that common fukin sense by now? :mindblown:

A dual income through a marriage provides a stronger degree of stability and family planning when it comes to basic necessities such as healthcare, homes, and education.

As long as the marriage isn't abusive and destructive it's better for everyone involved, man woman and child.

"Co parenting" is generally a bare minimum effort to provide the most basic necessities to the child. Generally speaking, assets aren't legally combined and the primary parent is still working with a single income household. There's less money to play around with and more stress for each parent involved.

I think just about every study confirms that children raised in a legally married household fair better than those who don't academically, psychologically, physically and criminally. with exceptions. I have yet to see or hear anything that confirms a single parent household or a 'co parenting' household is better or just as good as the married one (all things being equal of course).

And I don't care what anyone says….Normally, especially with black children…you can easily tell the difference between the black kids with two married parents under one roof, compared to to those who grew up with single parents and/or those who were co-parented. Everything seems to fair worse with them…everything from their relationships with the opposite sex, to their self-esteem, to their physical health to any psychological issues or academic problems.

It's amazing how short sighted some people are about this issue.

Yep. And in most cases, most of those 77 percent of kids don't see their father daily or be around him on a steady basis. Kids being raised by mama only, have more emotional problems, have less discipline and respect of their elders, and so on. Problem is, people think that the baby mamma and baby daddy culture is cool and should be the norm, and have the :yeshrug: mentality.

Can't live the rest of your life, like a 22 year old with a substandard apartment and a car, acting single, when your biological kids are around. At some point, the partying, chasing sex, superficial clothes, and random traveling has to slow down.