77% black births to single moms, 49% for Hispanic immigrants

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
You could easily understand how they got the data if you were truly interested. It's in the link in the original post, as is the data on how each demo compares on education levels.

Births to Unmarried Mothers by Nativity and Education

American-born Blacks have a higher rate of OOW births at every level of education. Even amongst college educated AAs, the OOW rate is 3x the national rate. That's a problem.
I guess I just triggered ur trap card
full

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
What he said was true though. In the past, marriage was essentially a business contract. It has only recently become about love and compatibility. Why do you think arranged marriages were a thing?

You're referring to cultures where parents sell thier kids to grown men and women for cattle and other livestock? That's pedophilia sir and that's nasty. In addition those are cultural practices that have never been distinctive in Western culture....where even as far back as slavery marriage while often forbidden was still practiced based on love and not wealth....and that's damn near 400 years of tradition..,,

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
What exactly is the reason or need for them to falsify the data in this study?

Is that going to have more of a negative effect on black people? So what some of

you are saying is that 77% is too high and they conducted this study to make black

people look bad? For what? What exactly does stating that 77% of black children being

born out of wedlock into disasterous situations do to the black community? I think even

some of the toughest GMB and HOH supporters on this site would tell you that having

children out of wedlock TODAY is gambling with your life where the odds are not in your

favor.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Yes it cant be true. We dont have a single mother problem in the black community. Your right thr is no incentives that frmales take advantage of when the havve a child out of wedlock. Yall negros are brainwashed.

"Its the white mans fault"

:mjlol:
You one dumb nikka. And need better comprehension skills.

Didn't say nothing about how there isn't dumbass. I'm responding to a comment about how this articles does not take into account factors of why AAs ain't getting married.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
The amount of bullshyt apologist "b-b-but"s in this thread is disheartening. :scust:

Brehs never wanna have tough conversations...just kick the can down the road.

It's crazy that so many in our community don't understand the purpose of marriage as it pertains to child-rearing. If your argument is "So? It doesn't mean the dad's not involved", just have a seat. :snoop:

The amount of excuses in here is very lame.

I was born in wedlock and raised in a 2 parent household. Not an accident baby. Both my parents married. Both loved me to the fullest.

It internally taught me the value of an invested copartnership.

This shouldn't be an anomaly.

Anyone trying to say this shouldn't be the norm are just lying to themselves to mask the pain of dysfunction.

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
It's crazy that so many in our community don't understand the purpose of marriage as it pertains to child-rearing. If your argument is "So? It doesn't mean the dad's not involved", just have a seat. :snoop:

The "involved father" declaration sounds defined and warm, but is essentially meaningless.

I know what comes with being a biological father who lives with his children, and is married to their
mother.

What exactly is an "involved father"?

Is he a husband/residential father? A single, custodial father? A father with joint custody?
A father who never sees his kids but pays his child support? A father who calls/texts their children once a month? A father who just sends Xmas cards every year?

I think the phrase "involved father" is purposefully vague.

You never hear about "involved mothers"...

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:mjpls:

Dunno what's wrong with government birth control though. Cheaper in the long run for all parties involved.

5thbornpowerseed

All Star
Daps
That's our thing.... Don't see why it is classified in a negative light... It's part of our social evolution and survival instincts. Considering all the obstacles, pitfalls, and dangers facing black Americans, we should be having even more babies. Look at the white birthrates all around the world... Do they know what their talking about? Nope. They're killing themselves with their antiquated parenting model. I'll trust in the instincts of my people who have survived one attempted genocide after another...

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
So are black men historically
Nah but Hispanic men have an unhealthy obession with maintaining a nuclear family.

Like they dont let their wives leave and shyt.

These men stay there because they dont wanna be seen as failures and women are afraid. Its a fukking shame.

In other words that statistic is true but its horseshyt as well.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
The amount of bullshyt apologist "b-b-but"s in this thread is disheartening. :scust:

Brehs never wanna have tough conversations...just kick the can down the road.

But but but white people do it too.

It became impossible to have a conversation with black people solely based on principles. They have to bring white people in.