77% black births to single moms, 49% for Hispanic immigrants

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't like the classification of illegimate child because the parents aren't married. Plenty of black fathers be in the picture whether they on good terms with they baby mom or not. It just feels like a BS stat to demonize black people, in particular black women for not living up to a Christian standard.

thats your gripe? that's where youre drawing the line?

sure there are plenty of fathers in the picture...but i doubt thats the norm in these situations....

and this has nothing to do with christianity...

...muslims...jews....etc...support 2 parent home situations and marriage...

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
What do you think the real number here is? What issue do you have with their methodology? :jbhmm:

You're just doing a reflexive "I DONT BELIEVE IT!" :damn:
I cant say what the real number is but I believe it's lower than 77%

Look every year we're bombarded with negative stats about black folks. Many of these stats are bullshyt and deceptive. Have the realesed the factors that went in this study to find those stats? Sample size, Income level, Education level etc..???

I'm sure u know u can make stats look any way u choose if u tweak some things

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
:snoop:It went up from 72 percent to 77 percent.

In reality what has happened is married black have less children than ever before and funilly enough the number of oow child birth as dropped.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db89.pdf
Black Teen pregancy rate has dropped by more than 50% since 91 to 2010

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/2011/006.pdf
Number of births period for all teenage black women have dropped absolutely, as well as percentage from 1970 to 2010

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/2011/007.pdf
The kicker as the percentage of live births to unwed mothers increased for ALL RACES increased, with blacks going to 72% (and 77%), for black americans the births per 1,000 unwed women 15 - 44 years old dropped from a 1970s rate of 95.5 per 1,000 to a 2010 rate of 65.3, meaning black unwed mothers numbers for child births actually dropped by a 1/3rd. During the same period white woman damn near increased the number of unwed pregnancies by 3 times.

BlackNews.com - Should We Be Worried About the Declining Black Marital Birth Rate?
It is important to realize that the "percent of births" is not a birth rate. The birth rate is the number of births for every 1,000 women in a specific category. The last marital birth rates calculated by the National Center for Health Statistics were for 2002. In 2002, the black marital birth rate was 64.9 births for every 1,000 married black women. The white marital birth rate was 88.2 for every 1,000 married white women. The black marital birth rate was 23.3 births less than the white rate. In the past, the black marital birth rate was higher than the white rate. Because there is such a low number of births among married black women, the percent of births to unmarried black women is especially high.

In short, stop spouting white supremacist talking points

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I cant say what the real number is but I believe it's lower than 77%

Look every year we're bombarded with negative stats about black folks. Many of these stats are bullshyt and deceptive. Have the realesed the factors that went in this study to find those stats? Sample size, Income level, Education level etc..???

I'm sure u know u can make stats look any way u choose if u tweak some things

You could easily understand how they got the data if you were truly interested. It's in the link in the original post, as is the data on how each demo compares on education levels.

Births to Unmarried Mothers by Nativity and Education

American-born Blacks have a higher rate of OOW births at every level of education. Even amongst college educated AAs, the OOW rate is 3x the national rate. That's a problem.

Data and Methods. The data for this analysis comes from National Center for Health Statistics public-use data available here. In total, there were 3,978,497 births in the United States in 2015 to U.S. residents based on birth certificate records. Births to the small number of foreign residents are not included in this analysis. Mothers in this analysis are considered immigrants if they themselves were born outside of the United States. The birth certificate records include some missing information. There were 8,681 cases included in the totals that do not indicate whether the mother was born in the United States. In terms of race and Hispanic origin, all states collect this information, but 2,911 individuals did not report a race and 32,450 individuals did not indicate whether they were Hispanic. Those that did not record race are excluded from the race figures. Those who did not report if they are Hispanic were assumed to be non-Hispanic. Two states, New Jersey and Connecticut, do not provide education data. Additionally, there are 51,631 cases where education data was also not reported in other states. In total, 5 percent of births did not have either race or education information. Figures by race and education are shown in Table 2 and do not included those who did not report a race or education level.

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Even if those stats aren't right, we know single parent births are outrageous in the black american community. I really wish we would learn from africans and fellow diaspora brethren when it comes to this issue. Oh well, I'll just keep doing my part.