77% black births to single moms, 49% for Hispanic immigrants

DjBhaled

More chune for your headtop ehh
Daps
It's not the hookup culture, we actually have less sex than previous generations.
Millennials are having less sex than any generation in 60 years. Here’s why it matters.

It's the lack of sex education and the lack of educational/health safety nets in poorer communities.

Cause unintended pregnancy and out of wedlock birth is an epidemic in our population.

Wealthier populations and higher educated populations don't have anywhere near the same rates. Which is why White people are being replaced worldwide by people of color.

When you have a bunch of young people that are impoverished, they tend to reproduce a lot.

They don't have access to reproductive education and healthcare and poverty tends to make you do stupid shyt.
Your Brain on Poverty: Why Poor People Seem to Make Bad Decisions
I never get to really get personal but in my personal life I wanted to succumb to the peer pressure and have all the sex I thought my friends were getting all my friends would make me feel like I'm the oddball because I'm always by myself, even though they knew I wanted to blow a lot of bytches backs out but honestly after high school I realized humans really be on some animal shyt nobody wants to fukk the semi nerdy unpopular kid that's the equivalent of a small weak lion in a pack you have no social rank or you rank low nobody wants to fukk the low ranking person because that would deem you as low ranking by association honestly girls thought I was ugly as fukk so I missed out on 98% of the girls I tried to have sex with only had sex 2 times and they were not Rememberable at all....

It saddens me to my core because I really cared about some of the girls I got close to and to this day I still think about them.. But it's just confusing because now that I know that love for isn't real not in this society and what they deem love at least it gives me peace but not a good peace it's like a feeling of Im alive, at least I'm not dead

Daps
how many criminals do you know?

2 Uncles of mine are criminals. I have more than a handful of second cousins who are criminals and my 1st cousins have expunged records.

Most Blacks we are 1 link away from a criminal due to being raised in poverty environments by parents who don't care enough to have less kids and not rely on government subsidized housing.

50 fukking percent of my extended relatives in all states are in some kind of subsidized housing or receiving benefits of some kind CHRONICALLY generation after generation.

Where is this mythical land outside of Moorhouse University where yall live where Black folk are not struggling and single mother hood isn't impacting us AT ALL? :why:

My mother went to high school with several of her friends went on to become crack head junkies in Forty and Baisley Projects. Where is this mythical land???? :francis:

I'm like one of a handful in my family who actually has a college degree and earns more than 100k :snoop: I am the minority within a minority.

Daps
When I was a kid, living in Congo, every time a guy impregnated a woman, her whole family used to bring her to the guy's family and he was obliged to marry her. It was always like that. They used to do it in the morning with a mob so everybody can see what's going on.

Back then, I didn't understand the idea behind it. When I grew up, I understood.

Repped. This is exactly what we need.

But these Coli nikkas will say "Bu-bu-but African culture is OK with single motherhood" :snoop:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
So much bullshyt in one post.....goes to show why you always have your woe is us outlook on your own race....believing everything whitey puts in front of you and quick to call your brother a c00n if they dont indulge in your delusional kool aid...

Numbers and Characteristics

• There are 911,728 African American women-owned businesses in the United States. This reflects a tremendous 66.7% increase in number since 2002 and a 191.4% increase since 1997. In comparison, African American men-owned businesses grew 93.1% from 1997 to 2007.
  • African American women-owned firms across the country have total receipts of $36.8 billion. The total receipts of African American women-owned firms grew 78.1% since 2002.
  • Women-owned firms make up 47.4% of all African American nonfarm businesses across the country.
  • A full 96.5% of these firms are non-employer firms, with average receipts of $15,618.
  • The remaining 3.5% of the firms have paid employees, employing a total of 245,474 people across the country with a payroll of $5.6 billion. These employer firms have average receipts of $718,374.

singlemotherguide.com/single-mother-statistics/

About two thirds are White, one third Black, one quarter Hispanic. One third have a college degree, while one sixth have not completed high school.7

Clearly not what was just stated in the study and the source the US Census Bureau.....:patrice:
2016 Nielsen Report: Black Buying Power Has Reached Tipping Point, But How Will Black America Leverage it to Create Wealth? - Atlanta Black Star

A new report from Nielsen, “The Increasingly Affluent, Educated and Diverse,” explores the “untold story” of African-American consumers, particularly Black households earning $75,000 or more per year. According to the report, Black people in this segment are growing faster in size and influence than whites in all income groups above $60,000. And as African-American incomes increase, their spending surpasses that of the total population in areas such as insurance policies, pensions and retirement savings.

“These larger incomes are attributed to a number of factors, including youthfulness, immigration, advanced educational attainment and increased digital acumen. As these factors change African-Americans’ decisions as brand loyalists and ambassadors, savvy marketers are taking notice,” according to Cheryl Pearson-McNeil, Senior Vice President U.S. Strategic Community Alliances and Consumer Engagement, and Saul Rosenberg, Chief Content Officer at Nielsen.

2016-02-03-12_55_08-Capture-300x194.png
It is projected that by 2060, the Black population will increase from 45.7 million to 74.5 million, with 17.9 percent of the U.S. population. From 2000 to 2014, the rate of African-American population growth was more than double the white rate of 8.2 percent, and 35 percent faster than the U.S. population as a whole.

Bu bu bu according to broke bitter nikkas on the Coli our race isnt flourishing or showing signs of upward growth...our women are not independent and depend on marriage to gain "wealth" and we are slowly declining because whitey says so...:martin:

nikka wake the fukk up...or go to sleep I dont care....but Im tired of you fukks throwing us and our women under the bus simply because we are not dominating to your standards....when plenty of us are doing what we can for the betterment of all...while you low totem poll ass nikkas are working at burger king refusing to go to school or raise your own damn kids...talking about what we need to do...many of you lost ass nikkas need to grow the fukk and be part of the damn solution.....:camby:
Income is not wealth.

The wealth gap between blacks and whites has grown.

The "spending power" figure is bullshyt as it includes credit

And no. Black people are not flourishing

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Unfortunately, it is the "Stockholm Syndrome" in play for a good number of black males.

Many of the fiercest defenders of the government-subsidized, 50+ years matriarchy in our community are black males ourselves (not black men...).

Some of us are "in our feelings" or in emotional/psychological internal turmoil, over having to cope with our marginalized status in "I don't need no man" households and localities.

So we over-compensate by assertively defending the female-led structures that "raised" us (or for too
many, didn't raise us).

In fact, I find a good number of black women, mostly married mothers and single women raised with
their fathers in the household, more willing to criticize and advocate against the matriarchy than
the copious amount of damaged black males who are its supporters.
You took it too far with this post and the part in bold in particular. Where are all of these black women speaking out against the pseudo matriarchy that we are as a community? I see black men speaking out against it but I rarely if ever see black women speaking out. Give me one example of a black female in the public eye supported by other black women that speaks out against liberalism.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I'm convinced most of the "men" on this site have very limited dealings with women. Have you ever sat down and went over a woman's finances with her? Not just seeing what cool stuff she has, actually going over the dollars and cents.

Women are HORRIBLE with money. Not all, but a huge majority. Every year a large number of lower income single mothers receive anywhere from 3500 to almost $10000 from the child tax credit. By June most of that money is gone, spent on high end clothing, cars they really can't afford (and will soon be repo'd), traveling (cruises), and partying. All while their credit remains shot and no tangible assets are brought. These same women will go on to squeak by the rest of the year with next to nothing. That money could be used to clean up credit, put a down payment on an affordable house, or put into an IRA to give their kids a leg up when they become adults.

Fun fact: My son used to live with his mother for his first 5 years. Each of those years passed without any moves being made. She was still in the same trailer (that she moved into after we broke up), credit still shot, no tangible assets. My first year with the boy, I filed him on my taxes and with the money I got back, I completely cleaned up my credit (raised it over 200 points in a year), and established my savings to a point where it hasn't dipped beneath since. The credit helped me make other moves. I have a line of credit sufficient enough to start most any venture I can think of without ever setting foot in the bank.

Now I know the poorer women get the most shyt, but the "educated" women are worse. They graduate college after ruining their credit and carrying a ton of student loan debt. Now common sense would tell you that they should probably live modestly until that debt and credit sorts itself out. Nah. As soon as they get the good job they rent a place in a neighborhood they can barely afford, they buy the dream car that they "deserve" and pay double digit interest for the privilege. When they finally pay down enough debt to buy a house, you best believe it's gonna be at least 50 to 60k over what they realistically should be buying.

I think a lot of the dudes on this site grew up in situation 2. Hell i did too, even though I had a father ma dukes made more money therefore she did what she wanted. You get so caught up in seeing her professional accomplishments and material things and it never occurs to look at the balance sheet. I know so many young women and men who thought they were getting a nice inheritance, only to find out momma died with like 50 grand left on the house, maxed out credit cards, and a car note.

At this point it is what it is. Y'all can keep deflecting and making excuses, but business men know. I know a guy who makes a killing every year buying flooded luxury cars like benzes and Lexus at auction and flipping them at tax time. He literally only "works" from february to July. Weak men allow this too and business Davy people account for that, e.g. the club owner who let's women in for free so that thirsty dudes can spend their whole check on bottle service to impress them.

If we can't be honest about this game we're playing, we'll never win.

God damn! :wow:

You use a sledgehammer on ants when telling the truth.

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
:snoop:It went up from 72 percent to 77 percent.
This is due to white supremacy attack on the black male to remove us from our homes that house our women and children. Yall know this shyt come on. fukk them stats and I didn't even bother to read that

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
You took it too far with this post and the part in bold in particular. Where are all of these black women speaking out against the pseudo matriarchy that we are as a community? I see black men speaking out against it but I rarely if ever see black women speaking out. Give me one example of a black female in the public eye supported by other black women that speaks out against liberalism.

I'll provide more than one example...

Dr. Julia Hare
Hare_Julia_wm.png

The dynamic motivational lecturer, relationship expert, author, social commentator and educational psychologist Dr. Julia Hare was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Hare has appeared on several television programs offering her expertise and insights on male/female relationships, gender interactions in the workplace, mate selection, toxic relationships and matrimonial harmony. She has appeared on CNN & Company, C-SPAN, Tony Brown’s Journal and Inside Edition. Hare has also spoken before the Congressional Black Caucus, participated in Tavis Smiley’s “State of the Black Family” Conference and spoke at the annual Essence Empowerment Seminars at the Essence Magazine Culture Festival. Her written work has been featured in several magazines and newspapers including The New York Times, The Washington Post, and The Miami Herald. Hare and her husband co-authored The Endangered Black Family; Bringing the Black Boy to Manhood: The Passage, The Miseducation of The Black Child, Crisis in Black Sexual Politics and How to Find and Keep a BMW (Black Man Working).

Dr. Natalie Carroll
Carroll_LNatalie_wm.png

By JESSE WASHINGTON
updated 11/7/2010 11:06:05 AM ET

HOUSTON — One recent day at Dr. Natalie Carroll's OB-GYN practice, located inside a low-income apartment complex tucked between a gas station and a freeway, 12 pregnant black women come for consultations. Some bring their children or their mothers. Only one brings a husband.

Things move slowly here. Women sit shoulder-to-shoulder in the narrow waiting room, sometimes for more than an hour. Carroll does not rush her mothers in and out. She wants her babies born as healthy as possible, so Carroll spends time talking to the mothers about how they should care for themselves, what she expects them to do — and why they need to get married.

Seventy-two percent of black babies are born to unmarried mothers today, according to government statistics. This number is inseparable from the work of Carroll, an obstetrician who has dedicated her 40-year career to helping black women.

"The girls don't think they have to get married. I tell them children deserve a mama and a daddy. They really do," Carroll says from behind the desk of her office, which has cushioned pink-and-green armchairs, bars on the windows, and a wooden "LOVE" carving between two African figurines. Diamonds circle Carroll's ring finger.

As the issue of black unwed parenthood inches into public discourse, Carroll is among the few speaking boldly about it
. And as a black woman who has brought thousands of babies into the world, who has sacrificed income to serve Houston's poor, Carroll is among the few whom black women will actually listen to.

"A mama can't give it all. And neither can a daddy, not by themselves," Carroll says.
"Part of the reason is because you can only give that which you have. A mother cannot give all that a man can give. A truly involved father figure offers more fullness to a child's life."

Hon. Leah Ward Sears, Former Chief Justice of the Georgia Supreme Court

leah-ward-sears-3.jpg

Editor's note: Leah Ward Sears stepped down this week as Chief Justice of the Georgia Supreme Court. In 1992, she became the first woman -- and youngest person -- appointed to Georgia's highest court.

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN)
-- After Tommy's sudden death, we found among my brother's personal effects a questionnaire he had completed in 2005 for a church class.

Leah Sears stepped down as Chief Justice of the Georgia Supreme Court to work on strengthening families.
Leah Ward Sears, with her brothers William Thomas (Tommy) Sears, left, and Michael Sears.

The very first question was a fill-in-the-blank that went like this: "At the end of my life, I'd love to be able to look back and know I'd done something about ....."

"Fathers," Tommy wrote.

When asked to identify something that angered him that could be changed, Tommy wrote, "Re-establishment of equity and balance and sanity within the American family."

My brother was born to be a father, and he grew into a good and loving one. Tommy was tall and handsome, smart, witty and fun. A graduate of the Naval Academy and a Stanford-educated lawyer, he married and fathered a little girl and boy who were the center of his life.

Tommy felt that one of the worst problems in our country today was family breakdown and fatherlessness. He railed against intentional unwed childbearing and the ease with which divorce was possible. He didn't like that we have become a society that values the rights of adults to do their own thing over our responsibility to protect our children.

As a judge I have long held a front row seat to the wreckage left behind by our culture of disposable marriage and casual divorce that my brother so despised.

Now, let's look at some of our MALE black leaders on these issues:

Rev. Jesse Jackson - raised in a single-mother household - supports the matriarchy

Rev. Al Sharpton - raised in a single-mother household - supports the matriarchy

Min. Louis Farrakhan - raised in a single-mother household - generally silent about the matriarchy

President Barack Obama - raised in a single-mother household - leader and supporter of the matriarchy

Last edited:

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
God damn! :wow:

You use a sledgehammer on ants when telling the truth.

I just get so tired of the feminine "everything I do is ok, and the system needs to help make it fair" mentality black people have. White supremacy is a system of elaborate traps, and we run into them head first while looking confused at the results. If the post civil war blacks can make progress, there's no excuses why we're so stagnant.

Here's another story, my cousin's oldest son lived with his mother until 16. His mom is kinda ratchet and after my cousin met his now wife and started a proper family, she started the process of turning lil cuz against his dad. So after being estranged for years she ran into a rough patch and sent cuz to live with his dad. This was at 16. This was the best thing that could have happened to him. He began to be present when the men talked and he started soaking up game. Fast forward to 19, dude making 30k with a 700 credit score and a 2015 car he's only paying about 150 a month for (1.9% interest).

By the time he's 21 he'll probably be a homeowner. And if he picks the right (affordable) house he could be done paying it off by the time he's 36.

Imagine not having to pay rent or mortgage at all each month. That's anywhere from $800 to $5000 a month that youre free to stack and do as u plsase. Thats one of the major advantages Cavs have over us. They'll get a house inheritance and or insurance money from grandma. Mom and dad will use the extra income after the house is paid off to send the kids to college and viola, kids outta college making 60 - 80 with no debt. They start accumulating more property and Repeat for infinity.

In the black community when grandma dies, sit back and watch your uncles and aunts tear each other to shreds for whatever's left after you settle all the outstanding bills. Then watch those aunts and uncles spend the money on vacations and new cars

Gravity

Banned
Daps
I'll provide more than one example...

Dr. Julia Hare
Hare_Julia_wm.png

The dynamic motivational lecturer, relationship expert, author, social commentator and educational psychologist Dr. Julia Hare was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Hare has appeared on several television programs offering her expertise and insights on male/female relationships, gender interactions in the workplace, mate selection, toxic relationships and matrimonial harmony. She has appeared on CNN & Company, C-SPAN, Tony Brown’s Journal and Inside Edition. Hare has also spoken before the Congressional Black Caucus, participated in Tavis Smiley’s “State of the Black Family” Conference and spoke at the annual Essence Empowerment Seminars at the Essence Magazine Culture Festival. Her written work has been featured in several magazines and newspapers including The New York Times, The Washington Post, and The Miami Herald. Hare and her husband co-authored The Endangered Black Family; Bringing the Black Boy to Manhood: The Passage, The Miseducation of The Black Child, Crisis in Black Sexual Politics and How to Find and Keep a BMW (Black Man Working).

Dr. Natalie Carroll
Carroll_LNatalie_wm.png

By JESSE WASHINGTON
updated 11/7/2010 11:06:05 AM ET

HOUSTON — One recent day at Dr. Natalie Carroll's OB-GYN practice, located inside a low-income apartment complex tucked between a gas station and a freeway, 12 pregnant black women come for consultations. Some bring their children or their mothers. Only one brings a husband.

Things move slowly here. Women sit shoulder-to-shoulder in the narrow waiting room, sometimes for more than an hour. Carroll does not rush her mothers in and out. She wants her babies born as healthy as possible, so Carroll spends time talking to the mothers about how they should care for themselves, what she expects them to do — and why they need to get married.

Seventy-two percent of black babies are born to unmarried mothers today, according to government statistics. This number is inseparable from the work of Carroll, an obstetrician who has dedicated her 40-year career to helping black women.

"The girls don't think they have to get married. I tell them children deserve a mama and a daddy. They really do," Carroll says from behind the desk of her office, which has cushioned pink-and-green armchairs, bars on the windows, and a wooden "LOVE" carving between two African figurines. Diamonds circle Carroll's ring finger.

As the issue of black unwed parenthood inches into public discourse, Carroll is among the few speaking boldly about it
. And as a black woman who has brought thousands of babies into the world, who has sacrificed income to serve Houston's poor, Carroll is among the few whom black women will actually listen to.

"A mama can't give it all. And neither can a daddy, not by themselves," Carroll says.
"Part of the reason is because you can only give that which you have. A mother cannot give all that a man can give. A truly involved father figure offers more fullness to a child's life."

Hon. Leah Ward Sears, Former Chief Justice of the Georgia Supreme Court

leah-ward-sears-3.jpg

Editor's note: Leah Ward Sears stepped down this week as Chief Justice of the Georgia Supreme Court. In 1992, she became the first woman -- and youngest person -- appointed to Georgia's highest court.

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN)
-- After Tommy's sudden death, we found among my brother's personal effects a questionnaire he had completed in 2005 for a church class.

Leah Sears stepped down as Chief Justice of the Georgia Supreme Court to work on strengthening families.
Leah Ward Sears, with her brothers William Thomas (Tommy) Sears, left, and Michael Sears.

The very first question was a fill-in-the-blank that went like this: "At the end of my life, I'd love to be able to look back and know I'd done something about ....."

"Fathers," Tommy wrote.

When asked to identify something that angered him that could be changed, Tommy wrote, "Re-establishment of equity and balance and sanity within the American family."

My brother was born to be a father, and he grew into a good and loving one. Tommy was tall and handsome, smart, witty and fun. A graduate of the Naval Academy and a Stanford-educated lawyer, he married and fathered a little girl and boy who were the center of his life.

Tommy felt that one of the worst problems in our country today was family breakdown and fatherlessness. He railed against intentional unwed childbearing and the ease with which divorce was possible. He didn't like that we have become a society that values the rights of adults to do their own thing over our responsibility to protect our children.

As a judge I have long held a front row seat to the wreckage left behind by our culture of disposable marriage and casual divorce that my brother so despised.

Now, let's look at some of our MALE black leaders on these issues:

Rev. Jesse Jackson - raised in a single-mother household - supports the matriarchy

Rev. Al Sharpton - raised in a single-mother household - supports the matriarchy

Min. Louis Farrakhan - raised in a single-mother household - generally silent about the matriarchy

President Barack Obama - raised in a single-mother household - leader and supporter of the matriarchy
Bruh, all of these women's are 60+ and none of the are in the public eye followed by other black women. I didn't say that there aren't any blck women in existence who get it, I asked you to point me to the black women in the public eye who get it. Anytime you see a black eoman in the public eye she's on some kind of white liberal shyt.

You should be ashamed to lightweight throw farrakahn under th bus in effort to support a false point. Everything that Farrakhan has preached to black people goes against the matriarchy and he's the only real black selected leader of the men that you listed. The others were all propped up by whites.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I just get so tired of the feminine "everything I do is ok, and the system needs to help make it fair" mentality black people have. White supremacy is a system of elaborate traps, and we run into them head first while looking confused at the results. If the post civil war blacks can make progress, there's no excuses why we're so stagnant.

Here's another story, my cousin's oldest son lived with his mother until 16. His mom is kinda ratchet and after my cousin met his now wife and started a proper family, she started the process of turning lil cuz against his dad. So after being estranged for years she ran into a rough patch and sent cuz to live with his dad. This was at 16. This was the best thing that could have happened to him. He began to be present when the men talked and he started soaking up game. Fast forward to 19, dude making 30k with a 700 credit score and a 2015 car he's only paying about 150 a month for (1.9% interest).

By the time he's 21 he'll probably be a homeowner. And if he picks the right (affordable) house he could be done paying it off by the time he's 36.

Imagine not having to pay rent or mortgage at all each month. That's anywhere from $800 to $5000 a month that youre free to stack and do as u plsase. Thats one of the major advantages Cavs have over us. They'll get a house inheritance and or insurance money from grandma. Mom and dad will use the extra income after the house is paid off to send the kids to college and viola, kids outta college making 60 - 80 with no debt. They start accumulating more property and Repeat for infinity.

In the black community when grandma dies, sit back and watch your uncles and aunts tear each other to shreds for whatever's left after you settle all the outstanding bills. Then watch those aunts and uncles spend the money on vacations and new cars

:wow:

Man, a lot of people are scared of facing the truth and to overcome the issues. Its like dudes here are cool with seeing their biological kids once per week and getting minimal recognition from their kids, on some :yeshrug: shyt.
God be damned if my son was raised only by his mother and not me.