7 years later....Witcher 3 is still a GOAT tier game

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Am I hater cause I didn’t get past the training where you learned your spells and etc? Just felt so boring, UI was dull and could’ve been color coded.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I hater cause I didn’t get past the training where you learned your spells and etc? Just felt so boring, UI was dull and could’ve been color coded.

Nah, that doesn't make you a hater. Just means the game didn't grab you.

I've tried starting a playthrough something like four or five times, and have bushed it each time, as the opening portion of the game doesn't really hit the ground running. Based on what people say, there's plenty of good stuff further into the game, but I've never been compelled to work to get past the opening to get to that point.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
Nah, that doesn't make you a hater. Just means the game didn't grab you.

I've tried starting a playthrough something like four or five times, and have bushed it each time, as the opening portion of the game doesn't really hit the ground running. Based on what people say, there's plenty of good stuff further into the game, but I've never been compelled to work to get past the opening to get to that point.
It took me like 3 tries, but once it finally grabs you , it works .

I’ve been wanting to re-play it , but I dread the beginning of the game .

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
dont see how you can start this and be immediately bored

you literally just go do quests and free roam ... like every other game

Made Man

All Star
Daps
dont see how you can start this and be immediately bored

you literally just go do quests and free roam ... like every other game
Bro, the music will put you to sleep starting out . The world is all dark and depressing . The Bloody Baron and the Crone quest is not great and if your don’t already know the lore and world it’s hard to put the pieces together at first . shyt didn’t pick up for me until I got to Oxenfort( is that it ? ).

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Bro, the music will put you to sleep starting out . The world is all dark and depressing . The bloody Baron and the crone quest is not great and if your don’t already know the lore and world it’s hard to put the pieces together at first . shyt didn’t pick up for me until I got to Oxenfort( is that it ? ).

Feel like you should be hooked in by the time the bloody Baron quest starts

Made Man

All Star
Daps
Feel like you should be hooked in by the time the bloody Baron quest starts
Wasn’t that one of the first Quest ? Bloody Baron and the crone one were like 1 and 2 right ?

I could be wrong , I despised the beginning of that game so I could’ve pushed it out of memory .

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Wasn’t that one of the first Quest ? Bloody Baron and the crib were like 1 and 2 right ?

I could be wrong , I despised the beginning of that game so I could’ve push out of memory .

Naw Bloody Baron is at least 10 hours into the game, depending on what side quest you’re doing.

Edit—-

I looked up a full playthrough video, blood baron is at hour 5 without sidequest.

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw Bloody Baron is at least 10 hours into the game, depending on what side quest you’re doing.

Edit—-

I looked up a full playthrough video, blood baron is at hour 5 without sidequest.

Aye breh, that's a long ass time to be playing a game hoping it clicks for you, if we're being honest.

I'm inevitably going to try again, but if you're someone who works in gaming in shorter sessions, or fewer long sessions, having a hook like that buried at best five hours via mailing the plot ain't gonna cut it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Aye breh, that's a long ass time to be playing a game hoping it clicks for you, if we're being honest.

I'm inevitably going to try again, but if you're someone who works in gaming in shorter sessions, or fewer long sessions, having a hook like that buried at best five hours via mailing the plot ain't gonna cut it.

Yeah, im just saying that the one of the most notable quest in the game (that branches off into a bunch of sidequest) takes some time to get to. The game is praised for its stories and sidequest so it’s not gonna be one of those things you can play without having a chunk of time carved out for it

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, im just saying that the one of the most notable quest in the game (that branches off into a bunch of sidequest) takes some time to get to. The game is praised for its stories and sidequest so it’s not gonna be one of those things you can play without having a chunk of time carved out for it

I get what you're saying.

I'm just explaining why there are a lot of people who never even made it to that point. CDPR even seems to have learned from themselves on that front. For all of its flaws, Cyberpunk 2077 gets into the engaging stuff ASAP, and even gives you a good in storyline reason (paying back Viktor) to go fukking around with side jobs if you're so inclined. One of the less appreciated qualities of good game design is not just knowing how to funnel players into the good stuff ASAP, but giving them a reason to want it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I get what you're saying.

I'm just explaining why there are a lot of people who never even made it to that point. CDPR even seems to have learned from themselves on that front. For all of its flaws, Cyberpunk 2077 gets into the engaging stuff ASAP, and even gives you a good in storyline reason (paying back Viktor) to go fukking around with side jobs if you're so inclined. One of the less appreciated qualities of good game design is not just knowing how to funnel players into the good stuff ASAP, but giving them a reason to want it.

Yeah, quiet as kept the main storyline of Cyberpunk (despite a lot of that cut content in the beginning and johnny stuff) is just far better paced then Witchers. I remember there was a slightly outrage about them saying the main quest was just around 20 hours long, but for most people thats about ideal. People are not committing to 50+ hour main quest lines these days.

20-30 hour main story, and about 20-30 hours worth of good side content is how more companies should aim for.