7 years later....Witcher 3 is still a GOAT tier game

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
If only its gameplay was up to snuff with all its good qualities.

Yea, I never used any spells or any of the special effect drinks :mjlol:. I used Aard and the fire, barely used the shield spell and never used the mind control shyt (will do if I play thru again). I still had enough fun with the shyt I did use, the shyt was actually real deep with a lot of tricks with weapons, spells, and potions. This shyt had the deepest inventory/combat/modification system gaming has ever seen.

I was Like You just hitting the Fire Spell but now using The Mind Control Spell more is Dope when Used on Human Enemies,Level it Up good and itll make them Turn on the Rest of them while saving You the Work....The Purple Ring Spell is dope for the Undead Enemies and The Shield Spell is very Useful before You go into a Combat Area

I will say that as someone who started over after Going into a Cave looking for Ciri and couldnt get out and started over,The Combat and Player Movement on Foot and On Roach is Terrible so to speak (Imagine if it had GoT's Player Movement:wow: )but in The Name of Grinding and getting the Levels Up by getting my Alchemy/Spell Game up it does Grow On You,just remember to Mash that Dodge Button at all times like a James Harden Step Back:pachaha:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How far you gotten into the game, because I hated the opening map. It was lowest point of the game for me with nothing special about it. Once I got to the main game. It clicked for me.
I can't see how somebody could play The Bloody Barron part and come to the conclusion that the game is trash. blows my mind.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
I can't see how somebody could play The Bloody Barron part and come to the conclusion that the game is trash. blows my mind.
It took me a really really really really long time to like this shyt. I only bought it because I seen y'all hyping it up here. Knew absolutely nothing about the game, just had started to like RPG's at Fallout 3, but that was a shooter too. I had no interest in sword fighting (pause).

I COULD NOT get into it at first. Played a few quests here and there, but wasn't really feeling it. I bought it at release, didn't play much. Then I broke my leg on July 20th of 2015. I was house bound for months, so I started to play it again. And God damn, I was mad as fukk it didn't catch my interest the first time.

The Bloody Baron quest had me absolutely hooked. It really made me sit back and focus on the whole world and lore of the shyt,. Made me start reading the books you pick up and learning about the storyline. You can just walk around for hours talking to people hearing NPC's replies to interaction, listening to full NPC conversations you ain't involved in. It's just so damn much to do. I was in awe. I never played anything this deep before. This much unlimited things to do, with actual good stories behind them and not random shootouts.

The Lady in the Woods though :wow:. That shyt is pure excellence. The whole story of the witches and how they do children and people, how you have to consider if you want to save the kids, or not knowing if your choices will save the kids or not. Then fighting them later with Ciri :banderas:.

shyt, this was the best single player gaming experience of my life. My leg was fukked up so I was locked in this shyt. My girl at the time would sit there and watch the shyt for a long ass time, trying to tell me what decisions to make and shyt :heh:. She ain't want me to play it without her ass there watching lol.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I don't get the criticisms about the combat neither but that might be because of the build I chose. I didn't use any spells and mainly relied on the potion/oil/bomb branch with sides of swordplays.

And tbh I had a blast. Collecting the ingredients and preparing my tools before encounters was dope. Combining different bomb effects together, combining bomb, oil and sword effects together... All that felt nice asf to me.

Yeah, this game was something. Hour burner.

What I did before playing it though, is watch a playthrough of the first one and then an extensive summary of the book series and the second game. So I was up to date with the lore before diving into it, which made the early scenes very easy to immerse myself into.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
I hated this game when I copped lol. I only brought it because of people on here hyping it as well. Played for maybe a hour or 2 and wasn’t impressed. Deleted it and maybe came back to it a year or 2 later.. fukked around and fell in love with it. Ended up deleting it again to make some space but this thread makes me want to get back into it

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Damn I still ain’t beat this and probably never will … haven’t played this game in like 2 years

shyt was dope as fukk tho

7 years :lupe:

This dropped before my oldest daughter was born

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I still wish we can skip White Orchid. Place is like a more boring Ubisoft game.

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I’m sorry but RDR2 shyts on this game. Maybe it was great at the time but the graphics on the Witcher are terrible.

RDR2 still gives me goosebumps
I ain't never played no shyt like RDR2. I know a game is GOAT status when my wife will literally sit and watch me play it for the story.

But the Witcher 3 was cool. It didn't compel me like RDR2 but it was the goat game of 2015. I beat it, loved it and returned it back to Gamestop. I look forward to playing it again once they update it to next gen.

Daps
W3 has the best story ever. Your actions and choices actually matter and you make quite a few decisions over the course of the game.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Always wanted to play it but been told the combat is not fun so never started it. Can't play a game that long without good combat.