7 years later....Witcher 3 is still a GOAT tier game

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Finally started playing this. I’m in the first town trying to get my potions together before I fight the phoenix. Can def see how side missions play a part, already did a few. Right now I’m deciding if I want to use my powers on this sick girl :lupe:

That card game is interesting too

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I enjoyed Witcher 3 a lot, but I don't blame people that tap out quickly because it takes awhile to get you hooked. I had to attempt this game 4 times to get into it, but once you get hooked it keeps you engaged. I did find the game hard going back to with the next-gen upgrade due to the combat being so mid in this game, but plot-wise the game is amazing.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Nah, that doesn't make you a hater. Just means the game didn't grab you.

I've tried starting a playthrough something like four or five times, and have bushed it each time, as the opening portion of the game doesn't really hit the ground running. Based on what people say, there's plenty of good stuff further into the game, but I've never been compelled to work to get past the opening to get to that point.

It took me like 3 tries, but once it finally grabs you , it works .

I’ve been wanting to re-play it , but I dread the beginning of the game .
I think I might cop fable on Steam instead. Never finished it and was playing it on a basic desktop back in the day so dealt with frame drops a lot. That game was fun, I think i ended up getting a wii or fast internet.

Honestly bough it on a whim as a pre teen at Walmart cause I didn’t have anything better to do. This was over ten years ago lol

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Always wanted to play it but been told the combat is not fun so never started it. Can't play a game that long without good combat.
The combat being bad is the most overblown thing in gaming history. That is absolute bullshyt. Sure, there are probably games with better combat, bit Witcher 3 combat is at worse a 6-7 on a scale of 1-10. This conversation had never made sense to me.

You actually do have to strategize against enemies, there are multiple layers of attacks to use, rather combat, magic, potions, ect. No bosses are the same, abd a lot of battles are hard asf. Different enemies have different attack points, where they can only be attacked while compromised or during their battle processes. Some enemies have to be arrowed out of the air before attacking. shyt like that. I nlacking vee thought the combat was lacking, let alone bad.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The combat being bad is the most overblown thing in gaming history. That is absolute bullshyt. Sure, there are probably games with better combat, bit Witcher 3 combat is at worse a 6-7 on a scale of 1-10. This conversation had never made sense to me.

You actually do have to strategize against enemies, there are multiple layers of attacks to use, rather combat, magic, potions, ect. No bosses are the same, abd a lot of battles are hard asf. Different enemies have different attack points, where they can only be attacked while compromised or during their battle processes. Some enemies have to be arrowed out of the air before attacking. shyt like that. I nlacking vee thought the combat was lacking, let alone bad.

Right.

If you can tolerate the combat in other western rpgs there should be no reason you can’t tolerate the combat in witcher 3

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Finally started playing this. I’m in the first town trying to get my potions together before I fight the phoenix. Can def see how side missions play a part, already did a few. Right now I’m deciding if I want to use my powers on this sick girl :lupe:

That card game is interesting too
Gwent is a pretty fun distraction. Make sure you hit up all shops and taverns and buy every card you can

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Love this game, but combat and quest design is not very good, following that red mist got really boring after 40 hours, can't be goat status.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Love this game, but combat and quest design is not very good, following that red mist got really boring after 40 hours, can't be goat status.
That shyt only happens in like 10 missions bro, and it's literally tracking something by smell. Most of the tracking is with foot steps and the smell. How is some shyt like that boring if it's nowhere near an every mission thing. shyt is only part of like 20% of the quests. This is a bullshyt complaint smh.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
On top of what I posted earlier, it took me a LONG time to finally sit down and go thru Witcher 3. I broke my leg in 25bseconds of hooping in 2015, I had had the game for months, but never spent enough time on it. Constantly playing for 15-20 minutes before I'd switch to something else.

Once I actually sat down and got thru the first part of the story, specifically once you meet Keira Mets, how that situation played out had me hooked IMMEDIATELY.

I replied aggressively to the lil magical lil scheming lil bytch, and endiñed up having to fight and kill the bytch. I didn't want to off the lil bytch, so I went back and replied more calmly to the situation, and she ended up as a soldier on the squad. That shyt was so dope it completely hooked me, after that, every action had an emotional affect to the player, especially when the folks close to Geralt died. I've played thru that shyt 5 times, in full. I got females I fukk with into watching me play it, they loved just looking at the shyt lol.
This is EASILY the GOAT game and I'd argue that to my grave.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
These complaints sound like y'all just don't like wrpg
That shyt only happens in like 10 missions bro, and it's literally tracking something by smell. Most of the tracking is with foot steps and the smell. How is some shyt like that boring if it's nowhere near an every mission thing. shyt is only part of like 20% of the quests. This is a bullshyt complaint smh.

Both Mass Effect 2 & 3 have great combat for a wrpg, New Vegas/Outer Worlds has better quest design too, The Witcher has excellent characters and world building that rivals mass effect, but the gameplay just isn't there. After about 30-40 hours, it becomes totally redundant to enjoying the game, Witcher 3 would be a better game if it was an isometric wrpg like pillars of eternity.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Both Mass Effect 2 & 3 have great combat for a wrpg, New Vegas/Outer Worlds has better quest design too, The Witcher has excellent characters and world building that rivals mass effect, but the gameplay just isn't there. After about 30-40 hours, it becomes totally redundant to enjoying the game, Witcher 3 would be a better game if it was an isometric wrpg like pillars of eternity.
Witcher 3 easily has the best story of them all due to the world building.

W3 also had a good amount of variety in how you approach quest depending on how you spec out Geralt and the choices you make.

Gwent alone made it goated :blessed:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Witcher 3 easily has the best story of them all due to the world building.

W3 also had a good amount of variety in how you approach quest depending on how you spec out Geralt and the choices you make.

Gwent alone made it goated :blessed:
I think Witcher 3 definitely has the most mature, coherent story in a modern wrpg and I spent at least 20% of game time playing gwent, but ME2 and New Vegas are better as a full package. And the variety argument falls apart in the face of New Vegas, I'm only saying it's not goated, it's very good.:hubie: