7 years later....Witcher 3 is still a GOAT tier game

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I think Witcher 3 definitely has the most mature, coherent story in a modern wrpg and I spent at least 20% of game time playing gwent, but ME2 and New Vegas are better as a full package. And the variety argument falls apart in the face of New Vegas, I'm only saying it's not goated, it's very good.:hubie:
All I’m saying is I played it after the next gen upgraded and I think it still holds up great especially for someone’s first play through.

I’m not even try to compare it to other games. I just noted many of the complaints I saw here I also saw with RDR2 which was. Masterpieces. That being a slow start and janky combat controls.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
These complaints sound like y'all just don't like wrpg
Outside of Divinity Original Sin II, modern wrpgs don’t hit the same way they did in the New Vegas/Dues Ex/Oblivion/Mass Effect Trilogy/DA Origins days.

Witcher 3 just felt like an open world ubisoft game with better side quests and worse combat to me. Didn’t think much of it when I played it:yeshrug:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps

One of those game worlds you can completely get lost in. Up there with RDR2, San Andreas and the Horizon Games in terms of open world games.

I picked this up on release but dropped it about 10 hours in. Then Covid happened and suddenly I had time. Ended up dumping 120 hours plus on my playthrough :whoo:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
TW3 was just a jack of all trades, master of none with pretty graphics.

Divinity Original Sin II, DA: Origins, Fallout New Vegas, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.. all better rpgs than Witcher

It was a master of storytelling. Short burst of rewarding and satisfying self contained stories within a larger one. A game hasn’t really matched Witcher 3 in terms of the feeling you get solving mysteries in its side quest.

I’d also probably agree with Divinity being a better rpg if the last 3rd wasn’t a drag. Game is a 10/10 until the nameless isle, then it takes a huge nosedive

Witcher 3 atmosphere shyts on most games.

capblk

Rookie
Daps
Knew nothing about the Witcher series other than it's based on a series of books and Netflix made a show (have not watched yet). Picked up the game only because it was recommended to me so many times and I found the complete edition for under $10. It sat in my library for about a year, started a couple weeks ago and now it has become what I use the Steam Deck for the most.

I'm only about 30 hours in and I look forward to playing whenever I have free time. Still don't really understand Gwent but I'm really enjoying learning the lore. I been spending hours just hitting up random locations on the map meeting all the interesting characters. At this rate I will def put over 100 hours into this. (something I don't do often)