7 years later....Witcher 3 is still a GOAT tier game

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
TW3 was just a jack of all trades, master of none with pretty graphics.

Divinity Original Sin II, DA: Origins, Fallout New Vegas, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.. all better rpgs than Witcher
To each their own i guess. Wont argue but will politely disagree. Witcher 3 exists in an entirely different stratosphere as far as rpg choices/story is concerned. Cant think of anything that comes remotely close.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once you hit the last big area it just slows down for me. Traveling on that bullshyt boat is terrible. Other than that it’s a dope game I just never saw what most did in it :yeshrug:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
combat is so garbage i couldn't even get into it. push a button and take off doing cartwheels across the street. stupid bat vision for everything :dead: people keep trying to act like the sidequests are some testament to writing too

game is very okay but the hype has always been wild outrageous to me
:mjlol:

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
combat is so garbage i couldn't even get into it. push a button and take off doing cartwheels across the street. stupid bat vision for everything :dead: people keep trying to act like the sidequests are some testament to writing too

game is very okay but the hype has always been wild outrageous to me

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Witchers combat is like a 6, but its still better than skyrim

Games with 10 combat: God of War, Bloodborne, Sekiro, Arkham, Sifu
What makes bloodbornes combat so great? I beat it like 2 years ago now and thought the combat was okay. By the end I just had the big sword that transforms into the little sword or vice versa. Most I did was just use my gun/cannon and use lightening on my sword. Maybe there is a more sophisticated way of playing but to me it was very simple. Sekiro had far better combat.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What makes bloodbornes combat so great? I beat it like 2 years ago now and thought the combat was okay. By the end I just had the big sword that transforms into the little sword or vice versa. Most I did was just use my gun/cannon and use lightening on my sword. Maybe there is a more sophisticated way of playing but to me it was very simple. Sekiro had far better combat.

The entire idea of trick weapons was dope. It’s cool to see how many ways they could combine multiple weapons into one. The gun used as a parry was pretty unique and the movement was pretty much perfect. Side stepping alone makes Bloodborne combat superior to dark souls. Makes the battles feel quick and fun

I mean, its just the most fine tuned combat system pre-sekiro but you have far more options with bloodborne. It still maintains its action rpg roots, where as sekiro doesn’t.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
I never understood the whole "the combat sucks" comments. That shyt is good to me, but I don't play games like Demon Souls or Devil's May Cry and shyt like that, them shyts boring as fukk.

I just started God Of War since it came to PC, and ok, this is probably my first example of GREAT combat. The combat on here is greatness. However, if this is a 10 on a grading scale, then The Witcher is no lower than a 7.

That's not bad at all :yeshrug:
shyt is clunky, the oil system is weak and half the spells are useless.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
shyt is clunky, the oil system is weak and half the spells are useless.
Yea, I never used any spells or any of the special effect drinks :mjlol:. I used Aard and the fire, barely used the shield spell and never used the mind control shyt (will do if I play thru again). I still had enough fun with the shyt I did use, the shyt was actually real deep with a lot of tricks with weapons, spells, and potions. This shyt had the deepest inventory/combat/modification system gaming has ever seen.