7/29/2023 Showtime PPV presents The King of Fighters: Errol 'The Truth' Spence Jr vs Terence 'Bud' Crawford(WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO/Ring/Lineal 147 titles)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I don’t believe Spence when he says that he’s not going to sulk after this loss. He’s one of these guys that reads everything online. He’s going to feel it, and I don’t mean just physically. I think he’s going be down for awhile emotionally. Fortunately, it seems like he has a good support team around him unlike a Ryan Garcia after Tank.

I don’t think a rematch will happen in December (unless Team Spence is trying to cash out). I think that was mostly ego and pride talking last night. I know Al is going to hit dude with the *insert LeBron talking to Mario Chalmers gif* It would be reckless endangerment to send dude back in there so soon with the king of Atlantis.

I’m not even sure what Spence could do in a rematch. He was so thoroughly outclassed that winning a rematch is overwhelmingly improbable. It would take a huge reversal of fortune, and I don’t see it. Even with better timing, Spence isn’t going to become faster, more fluid, move his head, etc., over night. His jab was pawing, no piston like pop. *Usher: It’s all bad. It’s allllll badddddd.

Those things needed to be addressed when Spence was a young fighter. Thee ONLY thing I could think of if Spence feels like he didn’t train properly, focus, etc., in camp. Like, if he feels like he went through the motions and with a dialed in camp he’d be much better. Even then, that doesn’t make up the disparity we saw last night.

I hate to say it, but I’d be looking at DJ ass sideways after last night too. nikka talking about move around the ring. nikka, you know that’s not how I fight. You know that’s not what we trained for, and the undermining of the challenge at hand did Spence no favors in my opinion. I think Spence really believed it too on some level. If we’re going to go to try to slay a dragon don’t be telling me it’s a fukking iguana that we’re about to go see. On top of that, you were never thinking about throwing the towel in? Ol’ Rocky with the towel in his hand watching Creed get slumped ass negro. What you wanted… dude to be killed?

Spence has too many deficiencies to ever really fukk with Bud, and that’s going to eat at him in the coming days. Im sad for my dog, but still rocking with my man’s. I’m glad Showtime had the decency not to show that man’s family in the stands while he was being devoured by a tyrannosaurus.
It's funny, I think Derrick James ain't as good as a corner like some people think, for many of the reasons you mentioned.

That said, I think he's basically the trainer that Errol needs the most right now. Derrick James always talks how he's a practicing Buddhist and how vital it is to process and let things go. I hope he can be around Errol enough to coach him through that with some of his knowledge he's learned as a man.

Errol needs to know that if he can make it this far after a car accident like that, then he can bounce back mentally from a loss like this.

So it's definitely tricky because I think he honestly can do with a better trainer, but at this point in his career and after a loss like that Derrick James is probably the right person for him. That said, I absolutely love Sugar Hill's approach to training and I think any fighter can work with him and level-up because it's so fundamentals-focused, but Derrick James has the mental support for Errol the best right now.

DJ though will have to be navigating some waters of his own as well after this loss: biggest staple fighter losing, a lot of talking prior to the fight, a lot of recent big additions to his staple, even that whole Plant vs Charlo thing popping off this weekend, etc.

Also that mention about him going to London today during the post-fight press conference so he won't be able to be with Errol, like bruh chill on that :snoop:

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I wanna say @((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL said it some time ago that Spence and GGG were the same fighters and last night it was never more apparent that was/is the case. Take away their jab and they’re neutralized and they both have issues against someone who can counter punch

GGG > Spence

Since both are pressure fighters, they are in the same mold, but they are not alike at all.

GGG has better defensive awareness and actually moves his head, although he blocks and parries too.

Spence doesn't move his head, just blocks and parries, or that leaning habit that southpaws do to avoid shots.

Spence doesn't counter punch, GGG can actually counter punch and has done so (Canelo rematch)

GGG offense is more versatile, he throws a wider range of punches than Spence with the jab jab, left, or hook to the body routine. Spence ain't throwing left hook overhand smashes to knock nikkas out.

I've never seen anybody completely take away GGG's jab. His offense flows too much off of it. He might be timid due to counters, but sooner or later that shyt is going to get going.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I don’t believe Spence when he says that he’s not going to sulk after this loss. He’s one of these guys that reads everything online. He’s going to feel it, and I don’t mean just physically. I think he’s going be down for awhile emotionally. Fortunately, it seems like he has a good support team around him unlike a Ryan Garcia after Tank.

I don’t think a rematch will happen in December (unless Team Spence is trying to cash out). I think that was mostly ego and pride talking last night. I know Al is going to hit dude with the *insert LeBron talking to Mario Chalmers gif* It would be reckless endangerment to send dude back in there so soon with the king of Atlantis.

I’m not even sure what Spence could do in a rematch. He was so thoroughly outclassed that winning a rematch is overwhelmingly improbable. It would take a huge reversal of fortune, and I don’t see it. Even with better timing, Spence isn’t going to become faster, more fluid, move his head, etc., over night. His jab was pawing, no piston like pop. *Usher: It’s all bad. It’s allllll badddddd.

Those things needed to be addressed when Spence was a young fighter. Thee ONLY thing I could think of if Spence feels like he didn’t train properly, focus, etc., in camp. Like, if he feels like he went through the motions and with a dialed in camp he’d be much better. Even then, that doesn’t make up the disparity we saw last night.

I hate to say it, but I’d be looking at DJ ass sideways after last night too. nikka talking about move around the ring. nikka, you know that’s not how I fight. You know that’s not what we trained for, and the undermining of the challenge at hand did Spence no favors in my opinion. I think Spence really believed it too on some level. If we’re going to go to try to slay a dragon don’t be telling me it’s a fukking iguana that we’re about to go see. On top of that, you were never thinking about throwing the towel in? Ol’ Rocky with the towel in his hand watching Creed get slumped ass negro. What you wanted… dude to be killed?

Spence has too many deficiencies to ever really fukk with Bud, and that’s going to eat at him in the coming days. Im sad for my dog, but still rocking with my man’s. I’m glad Showtime had the decency not to show that man’s family in the stands while he was being devoured by a tyrannosaurus.

Ehh i hear you but to me, Spence comes off as having self awareness and said as much post fight that he got outclassed. nikka done been through TOO much in the last 5 years to let last night bury him boxing wise. Only thing though, is how will his punch resistance be going forward. Like GGG, after the biggest fight(s) in his career, his punch resistance was gone and I hope that doesn’t happen to Spence because unfortunately, he’s never going to be a responsible fighter defensively.

Tbh, i think 160 is better for him than 154. Errol a big dude lol

Crawford would slump Boots by the way :russ:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Ehh i hear you but to me, Spence comes off as having self awareness and said as much post fight that he got outclassed. nikka done been through TOO much in the last 5 years to let last night bury him boxing wise. Only thing though, is how will his punch resistance be going forward. Like GGG, after the biggest fight(s) in his career, his punch resistance was gone and I hope that doesn’t happen to Spence because unfortunately, he’s never going to be a responsible fighter defensively.

His punch resistance looks gone, never thought he had the strongest chin but simple jabs was hurting him which you rarely see. I personally think he should retire, last 5 years took a lot of him. He got paid go enjoy your life.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
I'm still in disbelief....

I gave Crawford his props, but man, something was definitely off about Spence. I don't know what it is. Maybe history will tell. All I know is that shyt was TOO EASY and it looked like a sparring match out there.

I know Crawford fans will gloat or say I'm being sore loser, but even in their hearts, they know something wasn't right about Spence tonight.
Spence is just not as good as yall thought he was and its a hard pill to swallow being so wrong about a fighter for so long.. Its a reason you couldn't even get Spence to say out his mouth "I want Crawford NEXT" until 2022.. when he couldn't stop the lightweight fighter then went life n death with Shawn Porter :mjlol: nikkas shoulda known something was off then

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
GGG > Spence

Since both are pressure fighters, they are in the same mold, but they are not alike at all.

GGG has better defensive awareness and actually moves his head, although he blocks and parries too.

Spence doesn't move his head, just blocks and parries, or that leaning habit that southpaws do to avoid shots.

Spence doesn't counter punch, GGG can actually counter punch and has done so (Canelo rematch)

GGG offense is more versatile, he throws a wider range of punches than Spence with the jab jab, left, or hook to the body routine. Spence ain't throwing left hook overhand smashes to knock nikkas out.

I've never seen anybody completely take away GGG's jab. His offense flows too much off of it. He might be timid due to counters, but sooner or later that shyt is going to get going.

I always appreciate ya feedback my fellow Floridian :mjcry:

If you was an advisor to Spence, what would you recommend overall he does going forward (weight class, fighting style, opponents, etc)?

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
His punch resistance looks gone, never thought he had the strongest chin but simple jabs was hurting him which you rarely see. I personally think he should retire, last 5 years took a lot of him. He got paid go enjoy your life.
Those weren't regular jabs.. Crawfords power is really like that

JealousOnesEn_V

HTX Certified
Daps
I’m hurt too man. Spence is my favorite fighter. Bud was just better, I suppose. But make sure you still rockin with Spence. I’m seeing too many people turn on him and it’s pissing me off lol. Fake ass fans were never fans in the first place.

EJ my guy I still rock with him. I’ve been to 4 of his fights. It all comes down to matchups and he has met his match with Bud.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
You said Spence had GGG chin..and I told you that wasn't the case....well :pachaha:

1786898c-c7d5-445f-9af6-5fc01271e5da_text.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL
hopefully now dummies stop talking about how many burgers and cheetos Bomac eats and give him props for his training ability
Bud is obviously levels above Spence but the quality of Bomac game plan and lack of gameplan or adjustments from Derrick James was glaring in the fight

I was at the fight and had a number of people already writing Bud off midway through the 2nd rd right before Spence got put on the mat smh. I was surprised at how Spence approached this fight from the start and even more surprised at the lack of adjustments that were made throughout the fight.

I will say though: I honestly thought Spence was gonna go the distance and lose by unanimous decision. He kept getting knocked down but kept getting back up and jumping right back into that beat down. He took a hell of a beating but it was gonna take the ref to save him from himself

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Spence is just not as good as yall thought he was and its a hard pill to swallow being so wrong about a fighter for so long..
this shyt gotta burn deep in the soul of the Bud haters
This marinated 6+ years with these dudes talking greasy non stop. Just wrong about the whole thing on every level :huhldup:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

Sidenote lol, I was in Jax a couple of months ago & stopped at a pizza place called Brewers in Orange Park. Dude made a cheeseburger pizza with beer cheese & was pleasantly surprised :heh: I had a mango cart beer there too that was ok