7/29/2023 Showtime PPV presents The King of Fighters: Errol 'The Truth' Spence Jr vs Terence 'Bud' Crawford(WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO/Ring/Lineal 147 titles)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
EJ my guy I still rock with him. I’ve been to 4 of his fights. It all comes down to matchups and he has met his match with Bud.

Yea ima tennis fan and that’s the only other “one on one” sport out there and with boxing and tennis, no matter how great you are, there’s always someone who’s style is your Kryptonite. Nadal was Federer’s kryptonite and Djokovic was Nadal’s kryptonite.

Errol needed an A+ performance to beat Crawford but Crawford showed he could beat Spence with a solid B performance.

What’s scary is you can’t recall any instances of Crawford getting hit flush by Spence.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I always appreciate ya feedback my fellow Floridian :mjcry:

If you was an advisor to Spence, what would you recommend overall he does going forward (weight class, fighting style, opponents, etc)?

Word

Spence can do better in a rematch if its at 154 and he improves his defense and offense. He's the most one dimensional of one dimensional nikkas in the game. He's methodical to a fault.

If he doesn't learn to come forward while moving his head, he'll get pieced up by sharpshooters. This was the reason he backfoot boxed Mikey instead of just walking him down from jump.

Some jabs are too strong to block or parry, its better to slip and counter. Spence needs to add some variety to his offense.

Fighting Thurman would have prepared him for all of this, but dude was on some petty shyt.

I'd add another set of eyes to Spence and work on the shyt I mentioned, Take the rematch and keep it moving. Its still a money fight and everyone else will be trying harder when they fight Spence so his path won't get easier, especially at 154 where the real sharks lurk.

Spence should be locked in a room and forced to watch tapes of Roberto Duran for a whole week.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
He should retire.
Spence always talked about how Haymon promised to take care of him in retirement, on top of that he probably made $20-30 million last night. He needs to just bow out.
If he can't beat Bud it's really limited upside to him continuing his career after the level of beating he got last night. Going to 154 and fighting bigger stronger guys with less punch resistance and whatever else damage Bud did to him last night ain't worth the $1-2 million he probably get in non PPVs

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Spence is just not as good as yall thought he was and its a hard pill to swallow being so wrong about a fighter for so long.. Its a reason you couldn't even get Spence to say out his mouth "I want Crawford NEXT" until 2022.. when he couldn't stop the lightweight fighter then went life n death with Shawn Porter :mjlol: nikkas shoulda known something was off then

Don’t do that and im not about to let you shyt on Spence like that. Crawford showed us, the ones who picked Spence to beat him such as myself, that he is a level above Spence but you not about to act like Spence is Porky Medina :ufdup: :russ:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
I don’t think so. He lost teeth in the accident and had a partial. That’s why he had a special mouthpiece made for this fight.

okay. i thought i heard he had them drilled in permanent so they wouldnt have a chance to fall out

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Spence is just not as good as yall thought he was and its a hard pill to swallow being so wrong about a fighter for so long.. Its a reason you couldn't even get Spence to say out his mouth "I want Crawford NEXT" until 2022.. when he couldn't stop the lightweight fighter then went life n death with Shawn Porter :mjlol: nikkas shoulda known something was off then
Terrible post, if spence isn't good this win isn't good on crawfords resume. Crawford just was the better fighter last night nothing else to it. Y'all gotta stop this man stan shyt it looks stupid when you discussing legacies at end of careers.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Sidenote lol, I was in Jax a couple of months ago & stopped at a pizza place called Brewers in Orange Park. Dude made a cheeseburger pizza with beer cheese & was pleasantly surprised :heh: I had a mango cart beer there too that was ok

Bruh Brewers is solid. I just live like a 30+ minute drive from there so I rarely get out that way.

You know how big as fukk Jax is; if you live on one side of town, you rarely go to the other side unless you HAVE to :russ:. I haven’t been to the Orange Park/Westside area in about a year :dead:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Right... I swear nikkas was saying on Thursday that Crawford looked drained?

Somebody said he looked like a California raisin :heh:

to be honest i had never saw crawford face that sunken in during a weigh in but he looked back normal on fight night. i heard someone say he had a hard time making 147 in the press conference. he will say it again if its true. ill see if i can find it.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I hate to say it, but I’d be looking at DJ ass sideways after last night too. nikka talking about move around the ring. nikka, you know that’s not how I fight. You know that’s not what we trained for, and the undermining of the challenge at hand did Spence no favors in my opinion. I think Spence really believed it too on some level. If we’re going to go to try to slay a dragon don’t be telling me it’s a fukking iguana that we’re about to go see. On top of that, you were never thinking about throwing the towel in? Ol’ Rocky with the towel in his hand watching Creed get slumped ass negro. What you wanted… dude to be killed?

:russ:

I don't think he should have threw the towel though, it's the biggest stage possible and Spence was still throwing back it was just very ineffective

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
seeing too many excuses and narratives from boys who talked hella shyt about bud :scust:
all them excuses aint got shyt to do with what happened last night, bud didnt even have to go deep in his bag or switch stances to demolish this nikka
:camby:
respect to errol but you errolsexuals talked wayyy too much shyt about 65/35, sides of sesame street, fishes, poles and boats, you gone get this work :umad:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Spence always talked about how Haymon promised to take care of him in retirement, on top of that he probably made $20-30 million last night. He needs to just bow out.
If he can't beat Bud it's really limited upside to him continuing his career after the level of beating he got last night. Going to 154 and fighting bigger stronger guys with less punch resistance and whatever else damage Bud did to him last night ain't worth the $1-2 million he probably get in non PPVs

True but damn I wanna see:

Spence vs Lubin
Spence vs Fundora
Spence vs Tszyu

:yeshrug:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
It's funny, I think Derrick James ain't as good as a corner like some people think, for many of the reasons you mentioned.

That said, I think he's basically the trainer that Errol needs the most right now. Derrick James always talks how he's a practicing Buddhist and how vital it is to process and let things go. I hope he can be around Errol enough to coach him through that with some of his knowledge he's learned as a man.

Errol needs to know that if he can make it this far after a car accident like that, then he can bounce back mentally from a loss like this.

So it's definitely tricky because I think he honestly can do with a better trainer, but at this point in his career and after a loss like that Derrick James is probably the right person for him. That said, I absolutely love Sugar Hill's approach to training and I think any fighter can work with him and level-up because it's so fundamentals-focused, but Derrick James has the mental support for Errol the best right now.

DJ though will have to be navigating some waters of his own as well after this loss: biggest staple fighter losing, a lot of talking prior to the fight, a lot of recent big additions to his staple, even that whole Plant vs Charlo thing popping off this weekend, etc.

Also that mention about him going to London today during the post-fight press conference so he won't be able to be with Errol, like bruh chill on that :snoop:

Man, exactly. There’s a such thing as diminishing returns. The man is overextended and he’s taken Errol as far as he can as a trainer. They’ve been working together ten plus years. I’d be calling up Sugar Steward like you got any more spots :sadcam:?

Last edited: