7/13/24 DAZN: Jaron Boots Ennis vs David Avanesyan (IBF Welterweight Title)

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Didn’t like the way boots was being pushed on the ropes by the smaller guy or all the counters Avanesyan was landing. Seems like staying active will be very important for Boots to remain sharp. Sounded like Hearn doesn't want to throw him in with Bud just yet so deep down they know dude is not ready for that level. He has trouble cutting off the ring and his offense is his defense at this point. I'm not sure Boots could beat V Ortiz or Tszyu right now much less Bud. They need to keep him active and mix up his opponents, also wondering if his dad is the right trainer to get the most out of Boots as he rises in comp

Overall it was a good experience. Someone I was with said it seemed like a dream chaser convention in there. Crowd was like 90% black male which I'm assuming is not the case for most live fights. Surprisingly there were no fights in the stands it was all love in there. Some of the undercard was mid but any bit of drama or big landed shots and the crowd went wild so I can see how crowds influence judges in that way

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
how did boots look against avensyan compared to crawford

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I don't see him giving Crawford any trouble. :francis:

Only thing I will say is we just gotta see the fight happen. A lot/some of us said the same about Bud not having tight defense/liking to exchange as we have seen him twerk in the ring before from a shot. I think the Spence fight is making folks forget these things. I think the real question is if Boots and Bud get into an inevitable fire fight can boots survive

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I don’t understand how some of you dudes think. If dudes won’t fight you at one weight class, then the same dudes move to a higher weight class, why are they suddenly going to be chomping at the bit to fight you at a new weight class? :jbhmm:

I don’t wanna hear anything about belts and you can place yourself as a mandatory in the weight class, because the whole belt mandatories situation is incredibly corrupt (e.g. Canelo). If guys don’t want to fight a certain guy these sanctioning bodies allow it, or they just drop the belt.

So, if Boots brings nothing to the table per Crawford, why would he fight him at 154? What the fukk has changed?

He’d be dumb to run up to 154 without some real contingencies (like a guaranteed Crawford fight via the Turk). The one guy at 154 I’m confident that would fight him is Tim Tzsyu. He’s really a throwback. I think Lubin would probably fight him as well. Maybe Fundora.

But, Spence, Crawford, Ortiz? None of those fights have even 50% chance of happening currently for various reasons.

Last edited:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
yeah boots is hittable, but he is also rusty as hell. just keep him busy and he can polish his game. with fights like this, he doesnt necessarily need to get big name fights, just keep stopping people and dont let too much time pass in between fights.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
yeah boots is hittable, but he is also rusty as hell. just keep him busy and he can polish his game. with fights like this, he doesnt necessarily need to get big name fights, just keep stopping people and dont let too much time pass in between fights.
This isn't the first time he's eaten clean shots consistently like Scooby Snacks bro lol. It's a pattern that I started paying attention to very early with him

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
That counter punch left was nasty, surprised they called the fight as he got back on his feet real quick.

Hopefully Boots can get a better opponent next time. Great to see the stadium packed as well.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
We spent a whole week crying about Shakur not getting hit cuz he fights cautious as fukk. Enter Boots the complete antithesis of that and folks still find a way to complain.

Just need to appreciate these great talents and ehat makes them special while they are here sometimes brehdas
Black American fighters are always under some sort high expectations. shyt ain't fair.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I like Boots, but I like Vergil Ortiz in a blowout

Unless Boots shows his elite Boxing skills, but I don't know if he's disciplined enough. I'm not sure Boots deals with a Boxer with handspeed that well

Too tall to want to stay in the pocket and bang. That's why he had trouble with Chukhadzhian. Seen a ton of that against Villa.

He would have trouble against a naturally strong fighter who can push him around just as much as he pushes them around.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
That counter punch left was nasty, surprised they called the fight as he got back on his feet real quick.

Hopefully Boots can get a better opponent next time. Great to see the stadium packed as well.
Avanesyan was game. Did a solid job. Ennis seen early that his midsection was a bit soft and stayed on him. Smart fighting.

But I do agree that it's time to get some top guys in front of him.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I hope that Boots/Crawford fight can get made to finally shut some of these Bud Stanley's up :mjlol: . Kendrick Lamar levels of false invincibility to a tee.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I hope that Boots/Crawford fight can get made to finally shut some of these Bud Stanley's up :mjlol: . Kendrick Lamar levels of false invincibility to a tee.
Spence couldn't get it done so now y'all putting all your chips on the table for Ennis. :heh:

Last edited: