7/13/24 DAZN: Jaron Boots Ennis vs David Avanesyan (IBF Welterweight Title)

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
Baffles me how fighters have utilized Atlanta. It’s BEGGING for boxing. Didn’t Tank do good numbers there?
Tank sold out or damn near sold out twice. Shakur didn't do as good but it was a decent turn out given he isn't really as tapped In with the culture as Tank.

I always felt Deotay Wilder's fights shoulda been in ATL especially since Alabama next door and he was getting KOs.

We don't have a boxing star from down here.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
We don't have a boxing star from down here.

you don't need a star, Atlanta folks and Black people in general just need a reason to leave the house, and a boxer being black amplifies it even more. Flights are cheap to ATL due to the airport, and being a convention city hotels are easier to come by than the North East.

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
you don't need a star, Atlanta folks and Black people in general just need a reason to leave the house, and a boxer being black amplifies it even more. Flights are cheap to ATL due to the airport, and being a convention city hotels are easier to come by than the North East.

This is nonsense.

With all the things there is to do in Atlanta, ppl with bread are going to find plenty of other reasons to leave the house.

Boxing is niche. If you're not from Atlanta or you're not a cashcow like Tank, you're not doing numbers in Atlanta. Nobody gives a fxck about boxing there, period.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This is nonsense.

With all the things there is to do in Atlanta, ppl with bread are going to find plenty of other reasons to leave the house.

Boxing is niche. If you're not from Atlanta or you're not a cashcow like Tank, you're not doing numbers in Atlanta. Nobody gives a fxck about boxing there, period.

I don't think you even comprehended my post.

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
i would like to see boots fight blair cobbs in philly- since they both from there. blair got some momentum with those hooker and broner wins. and it would help boots answer the question i have about him vs fighters who can move and punch. he had issues cutting off the ring vs karen.

plus blair would rile him up and they had history- i think some sparring stuff. it's a good fight and boots getting that win would be a good one on his record even though blair ain't elite, he solid.

i honestly don't see norman, stanionis and barrios being eager to fight and they are with pbc and top rank. might as well stay active until something comes along that's a higher level.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
:mjlol:

Philly hosts Made In America & Roots Picnic

Boots just did nearly 15k at Wells Fargo, his next fight there would do 18k

Philly is a better sports town than ATL & we get behind our own...how many great boxers has ATL produced in the last 25 yrs

Blk ppl in Philly don't have their priorities in order...they will most certainly spend money on marquee events
Yea that was a crazy take. Philly has also hosted the NFL Draft and the Pope, in terms of big events Philly gets more of those and it's not really comparable
We only really saw Tank do numbers in Atlanta and he would have done those in pretty much any major city so I'm not sure Atlanta is really some goldmine for black fighters. What smaller boxing events has Atlanta hosted since then and how did they do?