682 years after his death, they tryna cancel Mansa Musa

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're real smart with this history stuff. Are you a history Professor or historian of some type?

Nope I am not a professor and I am not that smart about history. All I wanted to know and I have tried to figure out is what happened in West Africa to cause all of those great empires and ethnic groups to fail, because just 500 years ago in 1500 those African Empires were far ahead of the European countries.

The answer came down to bad leadership and a trade imbalance.

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
Nope I am not a professor and I am not that smart about history. All I wanted to know and I have tried to figure out is what happened in West Africa to cause all of those great empires and ethnic groups to fail, because just 500 years ago in 1500 those African Empires were far ahead of the European countries.

Not lie to yourself you provide good information that is very much needed.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not lie to yourself you provide good information that is very much needed.

Nope. I am telling you the truth. I only learned that stuff, because I wanted to know what happened.

Btw, I noticed a few things while doing research.
1. Outside of West Africa very few people realize how interrelated West Africans really are.
2. The trade imbalance with Europeans and the continuous desire for European made goods is what caused West Africans to fall. West Africans went to war against each other and they sold war captives to the Europeans who in turn enslaved those captives. So it was actually the Africans that made the Europeans rich by selling raw materials and people that the Europeans in turn used to build up the Americas and to make goods that were used to further exploit West Africans. After the Europeans got rich from that endeavor they decided invade West Africa to cut out the middle men.
3. Africans are not going to move forward until they start producing and purchasing their own goods and services. The problem is that nikkas everywhere think that the White man's and now the Yellow man's ice is colder.

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Europeans have this sick desire to dominate and steal so they spent a lot of time and resources creating weaponry that would allow them to do so.

The main reason they were able to take over in Africa, Asia, South America were they had superior weaponry....i.e. guns and cannons. With these weapons 1,000 men can beat 10,000 men

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Europeans have this sick desire to dominate and steal so they spent a lot of time and resources creating weaponry that would allow them to do so.

The main reason they were able to take over in Africa, Asia, South America were they had superior weaponry....i.e. guns and cannons. With these weapons 1,000 men can beat 10,000 men

Europeans did not defeat Africans. Africans defeated other Africans and it is Africans that continue to hold other Africans down, which allows the Europeans to stay in control of Africans. The question that few people ask is why are there Africans that are willing to keep their fellow Africans down?

As an aside even with superior weaponry the Europeans could not just take territories in Africa, because most African Kingdoms were not built along the coastline and then there was the issue of malaria. So the European ships was basically useless and their armies were not nearly strong enough to just walk in and take stuff. It was African ethnic groups that actually helped the Europeans to conquer other Africans.

Prynce

Daps
Europeans did not defeat Africans. Africans defeated other Africans and it is Africans that continue to hold other Africans down, which allows the Europeans to stay in control of Africans. The question that few people ask is why are there Africans that are willing to keep their fellow Africans down?

As an aside even with superior weaponry the Europeans could not just take territories in Africa, because most African Kingdoms were not built along the coastline and then there was the issue of malaria. So the European ships was basically useless and their armies were not nearly strong enough to just walk in and take stuff. It was African ethnic groups that actually helped the Europeans to conquer other Africans.
Europeans played divide and conquer

They empowered certain groups and played them against others

They traded useless goods to enrich self serving people.

But Europeans did kidnap africans themselves. They had multiple ways of accruing slaves.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Nope. I am telling you the truth. I only learned that stuff, because I wanted to know what happened.

Btw, I noticed a few things while doing research.
1. Outside of West Africa very few people realize how interrelated West Africans really are.
2. The trade imbalance with Europeans and the continuous desire for European made goods is what caused West Africans to fall. West Africans went to war against each other and they sold war captives to the Europeans who in turn enslaved those captives. So it was actually the Africans that made the Europeans rich by selling raw materials and people that the Europeans in turn used to build up the Americas and to make goods that were used to further exploit West Africans. After the Europeans got rich from that endeavor they decided invade West Africa to cut out the middle men.
3. Africans are not going to move forward until they start producing and purchasing their own goods and services. The problem is that nikkas everywhere think that the White man's and now the Yellow man's ice is colder.
youre mistaking sold for took. when many resisted. they simply came with guns and took. which made them go for preservation then resistance.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Europeans played divide and conquer

They empowered certain groups and played them against others

They traded useless goods to enrich self serving people.

But Europeans did kidnap africans themselves. They had multiple ways of accruing slaves.

This is the type of thinking that absolves Africans of the stuff that they did in the slave trade. It is clear from history that the Europeans purchased slaves from African middlemen. Africans controlled their side of that trade. I don't know why people refuse to come to grips with that notion.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
I did not mistake sold for took. You mistook who did the taking.
Not at all. because it was a very small minority that sold. It was tribes like the Jaga that did crazy shyt like that. They are cannibal renegades (im using them as an example) from the interior that would rape and rampage. Once the euros knew about this, they would get them to capture and sell.

In history its always been the other way around, the more civilised would grab those type of people and put them into slavery, the bigger nations would do that, but the african ones didn't. The larger african nations, where most of you come from, saw what was happening and refused to sell, and this is where europeans decided to bypass the powers and either go to them (jaga) or bypass the larger kingdoms and just take.

do your homework cac, I live here.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Not at all. because it was a very small minority that sold. It was tribes like the Jaga that did crazy shyt like that. They are cannibal renegades (im using them as an example) from the interior that would rape and rampage. Once the euros knew about this, they would get them to capture and sell.

In history its always been the other way around, the more civilised would grab those type of people and put them into slavery, the bigger nations would do that, but the african ones didn't. The larger african nations, where most of you come from, saw what was happening and refused to sell, and this is where europeans decided to bypass the powers and either go to them (jaga) or bypass the larger kingdoms and just take.

do your homework cac, I live here.
That "cac" has actually been to Africa.

Prynce

Daps
This is the type of thinking that absolves Africans of the stuff that they did in the slave trade. It is clear from history that the Europeans purchased slaves from African middlemen. Africans controlled their side of that trade. I don't know why people refuse to come to grips with that notion.
What created the market? Who created the demand? I know Africans played a part but to place the most blame of them is dishonest. What happened to Africans is what happened to all other groups. They we're manipulated to go against their self interest.