682 years after his death, they tryna cancel Mansa Musa

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Where do people get so much misinformation. Mansa musa a c00n?? WTF :gucci:

The misinformation comes from the fact that they don't teach us our history in school. You learn about slave masters like George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, but we never learned about any of our actual ancestors in West Africa like Mansa Sunjiata Keita or Musa.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was more complicated then that. It starts with basically understanding who the Mande people were. Mande actually means Manden people. Manden means Mali. Mali is either an Arab or a Fulani word for Manden.

Ghana, Mali and Songhay are all Manden empires. They all basically split due to internal strife and fighting internally among the Mande. Songhay was a vassal State that had to pay tribute to the Mansa of Mali. As time passed by Songhay sought independence from Mali. Mali's Mansas basically ignored the situation, but eventually Songhay gained strength and it's eventual independence when many influential Mandingos sided with the Songhay people after many Mandingos had a falling out with the Mansas. That is how Songhay got its start. It is more complicated than that, but it is important to note that many of Songhay's earliest rulers were Mandingos, which is why historians always point out that the Mande people empires in the Sahel were Ghana, Mali and Songhay. They always mention all 3 together, because they were all basically successor empires even though Ghana existed during the time of Mali and Mali existed during the time of Songhay. All of the Kingdoms were interconnected and the elites and leaders of all of those Kingdoms were Mande people.

To answer your question: no Mali was not strong enough to fight off Songhay, because many of Mali's elite citizens were now the leaders in Songhay and their armies were able to drive the Mansas armies out of the northern part of the empire. So the Mansas and the other Mandingos that remained in Mali had to shift their focus to attacking lands to their south and to their west, which we now know as the Mane Invasion. The kicker is that that the Europeans had arrived on the west African coast at around the same time as the Mali/Songhay split and the Europeans actually recorded the invasion of the Mane/Mande/Mandingo/Manneh. It is very complicated and also very interesting.

Dap + rep

Damn that’s crazy, so the history of the entire western African people was affected by the splits and civil wars of the Mande people :ohhh:

Daps
Mansa a Muslim c00n :unimpressed:

gave his wealth to Arabs then his empire fell apart immediately after. Those same Arab “muslim brothers” conquered Mali soon after he was dead :unimpressed:
Somebody doesn't know history:
1. Mansa is a title. It translates to emperor.
2. Despite giving away a lot of gold during his hajj, Mansa Musa was still incredibly wealthy and his empire expanded.
3. The Mali Empire was overran by the Songhay Empire. The Songhay/i are a Nilo-Saharan speaking people and they weren't MENA (Middle Eastern and North African) genetically. Mansa Musa was was long dead when the Songhay/i took over.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Somebody doesn't know history:
1. Mansa is a title. It translates to emperor.
2. Despite giving away a lot of gold during his hajj, Mansa Musa was still incredibly wealthy and his empire expanded.
3. The Mali Empire was overran by the Songhay Empire. The Songhay/i are a Nilo-Saharan speaking people and they weren't MENA (Middle Eastern and North African) genetically. Mansa Musa was was long dead when the Songhay/i took over.

Yea I already been schooled, still in a sense I guess the greatest legacy he did have was giving his wealth to foreigners.

Daps
Ancient Egypt fell the same way due to that thot of a "queen" Cleopatra.
Lol. She was a thot.

Christian Sudan fell the exact same way to the Arabs. And the irony is the Arabs didn't even conquer or lay a finger on the Christian Nubians which is the crazy part. In fact the Nubians gave them the beats twice in two wars and badly.
The battles of Dongola had them ragheads shook. However, the fall of Cristian Sudan/Nubia is a little bit more complex. Don't get me wrong Cristian Nubia/Sudan did fall and Arabs played a part. Yet a new Nubian polity came after albeit heavily arabised - The Funj Sultanate/Sennar Sultanate

I can't even hate on the Arabs... What they simply did was marry the women(since the women were deemed important in Nubian society) and thus took over and Arabized the region. This is why modern day Northern Sudanese have strong Middle Eastern J haplogroups MORE SO than the pale looking Northwest Africans(Algerians, Moroccans, etc) and why their mtdna side is mostly female African.
This is the MO of Middle Easterners. If they can't conquer a place militarily then they send raghead men to fukk local women and gain influence through that. The Lebanese are excellent example.

This is gonna offend the women but matriarchy societies have fallen throughout history. Either by brute force or women in charge simply thinking with their feelings and thus being manipulated.
I mostly agree. Women aren't really cut out to lead polities. However, there were certainly examples of female rulers that weren't to be trifled with: The Kandakes of Kush, Catherine the Great, Elizabeth I of England, Nzingha of Ndongo and Matamba, The Trung Sisters etc.
Most of the corrupted western feminist minded wahmen aren't fit to clean the mentioned women's clothes.

Daps
It was more complicated then that. It starts with basically understanding who the Mande people were. Mande actually means Manden people. Manden means Mali. Mali is either an Arab or a Fulani word for Manden.

Ghana, Mali and Songhay are all Manden empires. They all basically split due to internal strife and fighting internally among the Mande. Songhay was a vassal State that had to pay tribute to the Mansa of Mali. As time passed by Songhay sought independence from Mali. Mali's Mansas basically ignored the situation, but eventually Songhay gained strength and it's eventual independence when many influential Mandingos sided with the Songhay people after many Mandingos had a falling out with the Mansas. That is how Songhay got its start. It is more complicated than that, but it is important to note that many of Songhay's earliest rulers were Mandingos, which is why historians always point out that the Mande people empires in the Sahel were Ghana, Mali and Songhay. They always mention all 3 together, because they were all basically successor empires even though Ghana existed during the time of Mali and Mali existed during the time of Songhay. All of the Kingdoms were interconnected and the elites and leaders of all of those Kingdoms were Mande people.

To answer your question: no Mali was not strong enough to fight off Songhay, because many of Mali's elite citizens were now the leaders in Songhay and their armies were able to drive the Mansas armies out of the northern part of the empire. So the Mansas and the other Mandingos that remained in Mali had to shift their focus to attacking lands to their south and to their west, which we now know as the Mane Invasion. The kicker is that that the Europeans had arrived on the west African coast at around the same time as the Mali/Songhay split and the Europeans actually recorded the invasion of the Mane/Mande/Mandingo/Manneh. It is very complicated and also very interesting.
I agree with most of what you wrote. However, The Songhai/y aren't a Mande speaking people. They are a Nilo-Saharan speaking people. Yet, genetically the Songhai/y are similar to other West African Sahelian peoples.

The name/term Mali is interesting. I have my own theory on it.
Mali = Mandinka.
Here me out. The Mandinka are also known as the Malinke. The suffix 'nke' is found in a couple of other Mande speaking peoples like Soninke, The Yalunka (also spelled Jallonke, Jalunke, Yalonga, Djallonké, Djallonka or Dialonké), The Jakhanke

Take off the 'nke' of Malinke and what do you get...

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
Twitter needs a ban purge. Most of their users are sick in the head.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree with most of what you wrote. However, The Songhai/y aren't a Mande speaking people. They are a Nilo-Saharan speaking people. Yet, genetically the Songhai/y are similar to other West African Sahelian peoples.

The name/term Mali is interesting. I have my own theory on it.
Mali = Mandinka.
Here me out. The Mandinka are also known as the Malinke. The suffix 'nke' is found in a couple of other Mande speaking peoples like Soninke, The Yalunka (also spelled Jallonke, Jalunke, Yalonga, Djallonké, Djallonka or Dialonké), The Jakhanke

Take off the 'nke' of Malinke and what do you get...

I never stated that that that the Songhay people were Mande people. I stated that the reason that they gained their independence from Mali was because Mandingo elites helped them gain their independence and that many of Songhay's rulers were Mandingos and for that matter Soninke (another Mande people); which is why Songhay is lumped with the other Mande Empires of Ghana and Mali. The thing iof interest is that the Songhay Empire expanded those Sahelian empires into Northern Nigeria to encompass the Hausa Kingdoms. Before that expansion the Hausa were long distance traders into Mali.

Sonni Dynasty - Wikipedia
Askia Mohammad I - Wikipedia
Askia Musa - Wikipedia

Mali, Mande and Manden are used interchangeably. The suffixes of "nke" "nko" "nga"and "ngo" etc., means 'people of' or 'citizens of.' So it is Mali+nka or Mande+ngo or Mandi+ngo, ( Malinke, Mandengo, Mandingo) etc. So Mande is the ethnic group and the family of languages, but after the people split off and moved to different regions they picked up a bunch of other different names like Jallonke, Busanga, etc., which are now known as the individual tribes. However, the languages and the people are related and of course the Mande/Mane people are spread out all over West Africa due to the expansions of Ghana/Mali/Songhay into other regions.

Definition of mande | Dictionary.com
Mandinka
Mandinka - Wiktionary

Last edited:

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
The misinformation comes from the fact that they don't teach us our history in school. You learn about slave masters like George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, but we never learned about any of our actual ancestors in West Africa like Mansa Sunjiata Keita or Musa.

You're real smart with this history stuff. Are you a history Professor or historian of some type?