682 years after his death, they tryna cancel Mansa Musa

Prynce

Daps
nah....European didn't put a gun to the Bambaras, Mandingos, Yuruba, Fula, Wolof people head and force them to sell opposing tribes' slaves. Them folks were going at war so in their point of view they didn't care if they got goods and monetary in exchange for opposing tribal soldiers. You weaken the opposition and get some trinkets. Although, Igbos as far as I know were the only ones in West Africa selling their own :hhh::lolbron:
Point I was making that the Europeans took advantage over a already precarious situation of west African politics at the time. A pawn is a pawn in my book :hubie:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Point I was making that the Europeans took advantage over a already precarious situation of west African politics at the time. A pawn is a pawn in my book :hubie:
are you going to address being called a cac?
if you are go to one of those pedo cac threads and have fun there. leave black people alone

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
nah....European didn't put a gun to the Bambaras, Mandingos, Yuruba, Fula, Wolof people head and force them to sell opposing tribes' slaves. Them folks were going at war so in their point of view they didn't care if they got goods and monetary in exchange for opposing tribal soldiers. You weaken the opposition and get some trinkets. Although, Igbos as far as I know were the only ones in West Africa selling their own :hhh::lolbron:

The Aro confederacy were the biggest slave traders in Igbo land and they never sold their own. Igbos were not united as one ethnic group back then; they were separated into small tribes- many of which were at war with each other. So before attempting to be smart, you might want to brush up on your history first.

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
Redguards from the elder scrolls games are like my favorite thing ever from any piece of fantasy work and I've always saw them as fantasy malians/moors so seeing a movie based on musa which would showcase the Mali empire is like a dream come true for me. I hope they manage to make it. As for the controversy about slavery involvement, i could careless.

Last edited:

Ake1725

All Star
Daps
Redguards from the elder scrolls games are like my favorite ever from any piece of fantasy work and I've always saw them as fantasy malians/moors so seeing a movie based on musa which would showcase the Mali empire is like a dream come true for me. I hope they manage to make it. As for the controversy about slavery involvement, i could careless.

Can you play as them in the game?

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
Can you play as them in the game?
Yeah, the bulk of my 1k hours in skyrim is roleplaying as Redguards. shyt the next TES game is most likely taken place in their homeland of hammerfell. And in terms of lore and care, the Redguards are very fleshed out and have a rich history, culture, and pantheon within the game world. They're also very badass, easily the best depiction of a black fantasy race within a multi-racial fantasy world. I wish more popular medieval fantasy took the approach of creating an African diaspora inspired culture for its black people than just making all of them a culturally british minority in some European style kingdom, or just making some of the elves black.