682 years after his death, they tryna cancel Mansa Musa

Prynce

Daps
The demand was created by Africans turning their backs on the goods that their own people made and coveting the goods of Europeans. The Europeans clearly had ulterior motives, which some African leaders like the Oba of Benin and the leaders of the Mossi figured out.
So basically your argument is they shouldn't have fell for it?

I agree with the 1st part but the same could be said for Native americans, indians and the chinese ...

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not at all. because it was a very small minority that sold. It was tribes like the Jaga that did crazy shyt like that. They are cannibal renegades (im using them as an example) from the interior that would rape and rampage. Once the euros knew about this, they would get them to capture and sell.

In history its always been the other way around, the more civilised would grab those type of people and put them into slavery, the bigger nations would do that, but the african ones didn't. The larger african nations, where most of you come from, saw what was happening and refused to sell, and this is where europeans decided to bypass the powers and either go to them (jaga) or bypass the larger kingdoms and just take.

do your homework cac, I live here.

LOL. Stop your bullshyt. It was widespread and it was carried out by your bullshyt Chiefs . Clearly you never read the letter from the ManiKongo to the King of Portugal.

image010.gif

That was nikkas stealing nikkas.

Prynce

Daps
Explain how I am "simplifying." I already admitted that there were resistance to it with people like Queen Nzinga and many others. Once again these Kings/Queen were not little kids. The only thing we can do is for this to never happen again in history.
Cause if it was that simple to not fall for the con and be a leader, than nobody would have been colonized at all by cacs. The same strategy was used in multiple continents

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
He still is over simplifying the role africans played in the slave trade. It's kinda insulting to the tribes and kingdoms who actively resisted.

It's a lot more nuanced than how he is putting it :hubie:
Yep

Prynce

Daps
LOL. Stop your bullshyt. It was widespread and it was carried out by your bullshyt Chiefs . Clearly you never read the letter from the ManiKongo to the King of Portugal.

image010.gif

that seem's like Europeans interfering with African politics to me and playing people against each other while benefiting from both sides :hubie:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Cause if it was that simple to not fall for the con and be a leader, than nobody would have been colonized at all by cacs. The same strategy was used in multiple continents
Can you show us Europeans putting guns to these African leaders heads and forcing them to sell the slaves? The only examples we see of this is really in modern day Angola with the Portuguese. The bolded I am not sure what you are getting at because the Atlantic slave trade was partially a trade. The colonization of Africa was a conquest after Europeans reached industrialization. So they wouldn't be able to say "no."

Like I said all we can do is learn and not allow this to happen again. While praising the West Africans who DID resist like @Samori Toure mentioned. Denying the role SOME West Africans played in selling human capital is just living in fantasy world. Of course we should not cast blame on MODERN West Africans who had nothing to do with it. So again not sure what to argue? These leaders weren't STUPID they were able to create powerful kingdoms i.e Oyo, Ashanti, Dahomey, etc.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So basically your argument is they shouldn't have fell for it?

I agree with the 1st part but the same could be said for Native americans, indians and the chinese ...

Other people figured it out too, but a lot of them just didn't care. Slave trading then was like gang banging drug dealing is now. A lot of nikkas knew that it was wrong and that it is hurting people, but they didn't care.

Last edited:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps

[/

no you stupid motherfukker you clearly havent read Nzingas letters which came AFTER she realised the europeans were doing cattle slavery. check the dates bytch

While Nzinga was sending ambassadors to west and central Africa to enlist fighters, she was also pursuing good relations with the Dutch, from 1641 through 1648, to help her stop Portuguese advancement, to control the slave routes, and to reclaim Ndongo.
Anna Nzinga Facts

she was literally trying to stop the jaga from enslaving. and even enlightened the dutch to assist (brilliant tactic) divide and conquer just like euros did in the americas. but c00ns and faux miliants were against it,

im tired of this cac narrative, because with simple google and research ( i didnt quote it for a reason) I want you on your own to say what she felt about their version of slavery and them using jaga to capture and take slaves, and how they denied her request, bypassed her, and used cannons to TAKE SLAVES. fukk your fukking cac arse. you dont know shyt. most of the slaves came from angola. go there and ask. fukk if you went to africa, its a continent, go to where the source was and ask them. fukk your google fingers.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
no you stupid motherfukker you clearly havent read Nzingas letters which came AFTER she realised the europeans were doing cattle slavery. check the dates bytch

Anna Nzinga Facts

im tired of this cac narrative, because with simple google and research ( i didnt quote it for a reason) I want you on your own to say what she felt about their version of slavery and them using jaga to capture and take slaves, and how they denied her request, bypassed her, and used cannons to TAKE SLAVES. fukk your fukking cac arse. you dont know shyt. most of the slaves came from angola. go there and ask. fukk if you went to africa, its a continent, go to where the source was and ask them. fukk your google fingers.

You are going to stop trying peddle bullshyt around here, because we know the prices muddafugga. It was not just the Jaga people capturing slaves around Kongo and Angola. I don't know why you are pushing that bullshyt narrative, but if it helps your ass to sleep at night then go ahead muddafugga.

Prynce

Daps
Can you show us Europeans putting guns to these African leaders heads and forcing them to sell the slaves? The only examples we see of this is really in modern day Angola with the Portuguese. The bolded I am not sure what you are getting at because the Atlantic slave trade was partially a trade. The colonization of Africa was a conquest after Europeans reached industrialization. So they wouldn't be able to say "no."

Like I said all we can do is learn and not allow this to happen again. While praising the West Africans who DID resist like @Samori Toure mentioned. Denying the role SOME West Africans played in selling human capital is just living in fantasy world. Of course we should not cast blame on MODERN West Africans who had nothing to do with it. So again not sure what to argue? These leaders weren't STUPID they were able to create powerful kingdoms i.e Oyo, Ashanti, Dahomey, etc.
What I mean is that no country can be colonized without first being destabilized. Tons of black scholars have explained the mental conditioning that being colonized did to Africans and their leaders. they were trying to be damn Europeans themselves during the height of the slave trade and thus making it a whole hell of a lot easier feat to subjugate people. It happened in india, NA and other asian countries

I agree with what ur saying

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
What I mean is that no country can be colonized without first being destabilized. Tons of black scholars have explained the mental conditioning that being colonized did to Africans and their leaders. they were trying to be damn Europeans themselves during the height of the slave trade and thus making it a whole hell of a lot easier feat to subjugate people. It happened in india, NA and other asian countries

I agree with what ur saying
This is true and I agree. All I'm saying is that West Africans both ENGAGED IN and RESISTED the slave trade. And that we shouldn't deny either.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
You are going to stop trying peddle bullshyt around here, because we know the prices muddafugga. It was not just the Jaga people capturing slaves around Kongo and Angola. I don't know why you are pushing that bullshyt narrative, but if it helps your ass to sleep at night then go ahead muddafugga.
right because out of 20k tribe. 40 did the selling. thats your narrative now. 'africans did this'

sounds like cac logic to me.

well cac. 0.5 of your people are racist, so to me, all of yall are. now how does that work?

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
What created the market? Who created the demand? I know Africans played a part but to place the most blame of them is dishonest. What happened to Africans is what happened to all other groups. They we're manipulated to go against their self interest.
nah....European didn't put a gun to the Bambaras, Mandingos, Yuruba, Fula, Wolof people head and force them to sell opposing tribes' slaves. Them folks were going at war so in their point of view they didn't care if they got goods and monetary in exchange for opposing tribal soldiers. You weaken the opposition and get some trinkets. Although, Igbos as far as I know were the only ones in West Africa selling their own :hhh::lolbron: