682 years after his death, they tryna cancel Mansa Musa

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
He still is over simplifying the role africans played in the slave trade. It's kinda insulting to the tribes and kingdoms who actively resisted.

It's a lot more nuanced than how he is putting it :hubie:
I don't know why people try to deny that many coastal West African kingdoms economy was based off the slave trade. Like it happened. I don't hate West Africans or hold a vendetta against them(hell I wanna visit West Africa) but it happened and we have in depth historical records. Yea many resisted but many took part in it like Dahomey. Also aren't you part Somali? Why does it concern you? No offense.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I don't know why people try to deny that many coastal West African kingdoms economy was based off the slave trade. Like it happened. I don't hate West Africans or hold a vendetta against them(hell I wanna visit West Africa) but it happened and we have in depth historical records. Yea many resisted but many took part in it like Dahomey. Also aren't you part Somali? Why does it concern you? No offense.
He has west African ancestors.

Prynce

Daps
Who created the Demand for slaves which caused those western African economies to be built off slavery? Who empowered certain tribe over other tribes in warring regions then happily took the captives after they instigated the conflict? Who indoctrinated thousands of tribes with eurocentric "norms"? Who made sure to cause so much dependence on European trade in Africa that after the west outlawed the slave trade, that those economizes fell and left them open to be colonized?
You don't even realize that with your very 1st sentence you proved my point. Certain African kingdoms were solely empowered by Europeans to supply slaves.

I never said It didn't happen but to drop those blanket statements are very disingenuous because even though it happened the narrative being pushed in this thread isn't how it happened.

Also I never said you hated WA. You volunteered that statement and tbh it does seem you do hold a grudge about slavery with Africans. You have that right to feel that way because I too find fault in them but I will not let my emotions cloud me from the facts. Slavery hurt West African and African as a whole just as much as it hurt our ancestors. To state any other opinion isn't based in historical fact or reality.

Also, I assume you hold some negative feelings towards WA's, now because even you yourself say many tribes resisted. Yet, you still choose to focus on the minority who did and use that as a blanket picture for the complicated social-economic-political climate of west african during the slave trade.

What happened in the 1600's-1700's in West Africa affected my life just as much as any other black person. It also Affected Africa as a whole. NORTH, SOUTH, EAST and WEST. The slave trade was one of the main contributing factors of africa being colonized and the reason Africa is poor now

Last edited:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
There definitely was selling, some kidnapping, connivence and resisting.
All these were true.

Trying to make it a unique thing or deny that one of those happened altogether is not the wave.

51T5Ly3KYnL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Who created the Demand for slaves which caused those western African economies to be built off slavery? Who empowered certain tribe over other tribes in warring regions then happily took the captives after they instigated the conflict? Who indoctrinated thousands of tribes with eurocentric "norms"? Who made sure to cause so much dependence on European trade in Africa that after the west outlawed the slave trade, that those economizes fell and left them open to be colonized?
You don't even realize that with your very 1st sentence you proved my point. Certain African kingdoms were solely empowered by Europeans to supply slaves.

I never said It didn't happen but to drop those blanket statements are very disingenuous because even though it happened the narrative being pushed in this thread isn't how it happened.

Also I never said you hated WA. You volunteered that statement and tbh it does seem you do hold a grudge about slavery with Africans. You have that right to feel that way because I too find fault in them but I will not let my emotions cloud me from the facts. Slavery hurt West African and African as a whole just as much as it hurt our ancestors. To state any other opinion isn't based in historical fact or reality.

Also, I assume you hold some negative feelings towards WA's, now because even you yourself say many tribes resisted. Yet, you still choose to focus on the minority who did and use that as a blanket picture for the complicated social-economic-political climate of west african during the slave trade.

Also I do take offense to your last question. Cause you know damn well my family background and how I was raised. It actually insulting you would ask some shyt like that When I live in he same damn state my ancestors were enslaved in.
What happened in the 1600's-1700's in West Africa affected my life just as much as any other black person. It also Affected Africa as a whole. NORTH, SOUTH, EAST and WEST. The slave trade was one of the main contributing factors of africa being colonized and the reason Africa is poor now
Fact is many West African kingdoms took part in it whole many resisted. Again not sure why there is a need to argue against it. As for the bolded the Kingdoms could've simply said "no" similar to Queen Nzinga and others like her. These were leaders not children.

Prynce

Daps
There definitely was selling, some kidnapping, connivence and resisting.
All these were true.

Trying to make it a unique thing or deny that one of those happened altogether is not the wave.

51T5Ly3KYnL._AC_SY400_.jpg
This is my only point. The slave trade was some devious shyt and it happened in many different ways. It had many different factors that lead up to it and caused the climate for it to happen.
But what these guys are doing on these last few pages is dishonest.

Prynce

Daps
Fact is many West African kingdoms took part in it whole many resisted. Again not sure why there is a need to argue against it. As for the bolded the Kingdoms could've simply said "no" similar to Queen Nzinga and others like her. These were leaders not children.[/QUOTE]
If the world was that simple maybe cacs wouldn't have colonized every other non white group. You really simplifying a lot of shyt

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
If the world was that simple maybe cacs wouldn't have colonized every other non white group. You really simplifying a lot of shyt

Explain how I am "simplifying." I already admitted that there were resistance to it with people like Queen Nzinga and many others. Once again these Kings/Queen were not little kids. The only thing we can do is for this to never happen again in history.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What created the market? Who created the demand? I know Africans played a part but to place the most blame of them is dishonest. What happened to Africans is what happened to all other groups. They we're manipulated to go against their self interest.

The demand was created by Africans turning their backs on the goods that their own people made and coveting the goods of Europeans. The Europeans clearly had ulterior motives, which some African leaders like the Oba of Benin and the leaders of the Mossi figured out.