66% of console owners prefer physical copies of (2021 update: Sony reports sales are 66% digital)

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Physical to admire box art and because Switch is low on space. Plus I can lend my games to others which has always been important to me.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Ok:
1. fukk taking up space in my crib with shelves and shelves of videogame cases :hhh: I did that in the PS1,2 & 3 era we off that.
2. Stop buying crappy games you eventually want to trade in. :hhh:
3. You don't trade in classics.
4. What if you trade in a game and years later want to play again. You have to buy the shyt again? :why:
5. Digital licenses last forever. At least on Playstation. I bought a PS3 last year and redownoaded a bunch of old games. :yeshrug:
6. You think that physical would save space on the HD, but installing games from the disc, the file size is the same as digital. :why:
Digital licenses do not last forever. They can be taken away at any time. And we’ve seen it happen countless times. Their are tons of games that have been taken off digital store stores because of licensing issues.

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
I wonder how all the people will feel once these corporations start enforcing data caps even heavier and start forcing customers to pay more money just to access certain websites.

Net neutrality will be a thing of the past.
where you been? It died last week:dahell:
And your digital games do not get deleted. Once purchased, it’s yours. Where you getting your info from?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
where you been? It died last week:dahell:
And your digital games do not get deleted. Once purchased, it’s yours. Where you getting your info from?
He’s in Canada.

But yeah, at least with Steam, your shyt doesn’t get deleted, even when the games get taken off the platform. shyt, you can even re-download those games too. It might be different with Sony and Microsoft though...I dunno.

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
He’s in Canada.

But yeah, at least with Steam, your shyt doesn’t get deleted, even when the games get taken off the platform. shyt, you can even re-download those games too. It might be different with Sony and Microsoft though...I dunno.
he safe then. But yea, you right about the console marketplace. I have MvC origins on ps3 and that’s still there. Maybe off the marketplace, but it’s still on the HDD

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Digital licenses do not last forever. They can be taken away at any time. And we’ve seen it happen countless times. Their are tons of games that have been taken off digital store stores because of licensing issues.

You buy it you own it. You can delete, redownload, & download on other consoles as long as the sign in is the same. If you forget the sign in, well that's your ass. :hubie:
I just told you I donwloaded games I bought in 2012 and shyt :gucci:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
tons?

when those licensing issues happen, they affect physical products as well. if we want to get into the doom and gloom shyt, they could update the console to no longer accept those physical discs. luckily that doesn't happen, just like you can still download games that have been removed from digital stores

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I've exceeded it for the 5th time this year, might as well just go on and get the 50 dollar fee for unlimited at this point
does most of your data usage come from downloading games?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
5. Digital licenses last forever. At least on Playstation. I bought a PS3 last year and redownoaded a bunch of old games. :yeshrug:

giphy.gif

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
tons?

when those licensing issues happen, they affect physical products as well. if we want to get into the doom and gloom shyt, they could update the console to no longer accept those physical discs. luckily that doesn't happen, just like you can still download games that have been removed from digital stores
They could also send an update to block all 3rd party accessories too...but that's not going to happen either :heh:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
They could also send an update to block all 3rd party accessories too...but that's not going to happen either :heh:
well most of those 3rd party accessories have to mimic the 1st party stuff anyway. in many ways they already block 3rd party accessories