66% of console owners prefer physical copies of (2021 update: Sony reports sales are 66% digital)

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
My house has dog shyt WiFi so for the couple months where I’m not out at school, not having discs is fukking HORRENDOUS

But if we’re talking with several TBs of space available plus good internet, then I wouldn’t care about physical or digital.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Digital licenses do not last forever. They can be taken away at any time. And we’ve seen it happen countless times. Their are tons of games that have been taken off digital store stores because of licensing issues.

I remember when I bought Dreamfall The Longest Journey digital game on Xbox 360 then a month later it was removed cause of the licenses issues and I got heated as fukk and told them I wanted my money back but they can't do nothing about it so I learned my lesson never buy digital licenses again.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
I can’t trade in a digital game, so fukk digital games

Exactly ^^^

If it's a remaster/arcade classic I can download then cool if not, then digital can kick rocks. Until these companies (like Sony) can set up a system where users can trade in digital games then I'm not doing all digital gaming.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I remember when I bought Dreamfall The Longest Journey digital game on Xbox 360 then a month later it was removed cause of the licenses issues and I got heated as fukk and told them I wanted my money back but they can't do nothing about it so I learned my lesson never buy digital licenses again.
Why were you mad?:dwillhuh:

They can't take the game back from you and you already had it

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why were you mad?:dwillhuh:

They can't take the game back from you and you already had it

Idiot, they removed it cause I was searching to find Dreamfall: The Longest Journey but it wasn't on my games list had me :wtf:. I then proceeded to log in to the xbox.com site and attempted to add the title to my download list but Dreamfall isn't on there anymore so I got heated and bought it for nothing so I wanted my money back.

thats what happens with digital distribution. Legalized stealing from consumers. ( This is exactly why i hate digital only downloads the ability to erase an objects existence with just a keystroke

Physical copy>>>>>Digital Game.

samtalksradio

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Belle Glade FL
I'm I the only one who likes both?:ld:

Physical for sports games, new releases, used copies that I can borrow from a friend or when I'm out shopping at GameStop in see a game I'm interested in.

Digital is good for games that you haven't played, that's been out for months/years though flash sales in my favorite franchises. (Mgs5)

If I had to choose, Physical but both are good in there own right depends on the gamer.:manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Idiot, they removed it cause I was searching to find Dreamfall: The Longest Journey but it wasn't on my games list had me :wtf:. I then proceeded to log in to the xbox.com site and attempted to add the title to my download list but Dreamfall isn't on there anymore so I got heated and bought it for nothing so I wanted my money back.

thats what happens with digital distribution. Legalized stealing from consumers. ( This is exactly why i hate digital only downloads the ability to erase an objects existence with just a keystroke

Physical copy>>>>>Digital Game.
Idiot. If you bought it and downloaded it, then them removing it from the store would have no effect on you.

If you bought it and decided to download it later. Why/how the hell did you do that?

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Idiot. If you bought it and downloaded it, then them removing it from the store would have no effect on you.

If you bought it and decided to download it later. Why/how the hell did you do that?

Dude, I bought it and downloaded it and did play then a month later and shyt was removed itself cause of the license issues.

The point of this thread is that I prefer physical copy over digital download game cause I went through BS experience

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Dude, I bought it and downloaded it and did play then a month later and shyt was removed itself cause of the license issues.

The point of this thread is that I prefer physical copy over digital download game cause I went through BS experience
What I'm saying is, if they remove it from the digital store it doesn't automatically become non playable on your hard drive.

It's just like physical. If you already bought it, you have it, but it's just not sold on the shelves anymore.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I'm saying is, if they remove it from the digital store it doesn't automatically become non playable on your hard drive.

It's just like physical. If you already bought it, you have it, but it's just not sold on the shelves anymore.

Well, not in my case cause shyt ain't on my 360 anymore. I didn't remove it....YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Only shyt I but physical anymore is 2k,COD,Madden, etc. shyt I know I'm not keepin. PC games I don't have a choice, and PS4 ain't nobody trading Kratos in :banderas:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
so from personal experience...

how many games have been removed from your digital library?

how many of your games on disc have become damaged because of scratches, etc?

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
ive grown to prefer digital over the past couple years
game sharing my games with my nephews
the convenience of not having to switch discs
plus with ea access, games with gold and now game pass majority of my games digital by default