66% of console owners prefer physical copies of (2021 update: Sony reports sales are 66% digital)

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Sony started BC on consoles so I can't agree with the they're not that much better statement

But after the crying over the PS3 price ansbthem putting the PS2 chips in the first PS3s, they removed it to lower costs. Now it's back again in the 5 but the damage was done.

Corps are always looking for ways to squeeze a dollar out of people and many are doing so today because the people allow it. Especially younger cats who've been indoctrinated and into convenience

People are so short-sighted. In terms of value, the launch date PS3 is still the greatest console ever. That damn thing does everything up to that point in time in terms of technology. I still have my launch date console and it is operational.

To my point though, Sony, under Jack Tretton, Shawn Layden or Kaz in this day and age, they would have Sony in what I believe would be a better place because Jim Ryan is another story altogether.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
What a dumb ass @RiGGA :mjlol:
How them pom poms feel? All this boogeyman shyt y'all doing ain't scaring nobody. My first digital download was like 2011 with SR2, and since not a single game has been taken away from me. Not a 1. Meanwhile you goofy tinfoil hat nikkas coming up wit hypotheticals about shyt that aren't real worries. Keep getting your exercise to the disc changer breh n mind ya business

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Are the full games even on the disc anymore? Cause if I got to buy the physical and still have to plugin online to even be able to play the game then its no different than having a digital copy to me.

the ONLY thing the physical disc does on PS5 is prevent piracy. because the game still will fully install on the HDD. but the disc is what enables u to play. so you don't save any HDD space going physical vs digital in 2022.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How them pom poms feel? All this boogeyman shyt y'all doing ain't scaring nobody. My first digital download was like 2011 with SR2, and since not a single game has been taken away from me. Not a 1. Meanwhile you goofy tinfoil hat nikkas coming up wit hypotheticals about shyt that aren't real worries. Keep getting your exercise to the disc changer breh n mind ya business
I got physical console games I purchased in the late 80s and early 90s that I can still play 3 decades later. Get back in another 10-15 years if you can even still redownload those console games you bought in 2011.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
In general, we're gonna be in a all-digital age, soon.

My most played game on my Xbox is Fortnite.

But, I personally can see myself going all digital because "not having to change discs" doesn't outway the savings on preowned games from Mercari to Gamestop. I'm just now getting to a couple Xbox 1 games I having played in the years they came out.

I wish I bought a physical, pre-owned copy of a couple of games I paid w/ a discount digital (ex NBA 2k22...I wish I could've returned that shyt(

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
79% of sonys software sales last quarter were digital

rhLTFEL_d.webp