66% of console owners prefer physical copies of (2021 update: Sony reports sales are 66% digital)

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
18yiv2rhdghz9png.png

Okay breh, you tell me how billy the farmer with 2.5 kids will be able to download a 4K game with his kids also streaming high fidelity movies will NOT hit their data caps.

It's already happening to people I know on Comcast already at 80% data usage for the month, so how can the market bare digital only especially when tech savvy families are becoming the norm?
The old internet chart :laff:

Looky here bruh, a bunch of you and all of Canada was saying this same bullshyt last gen. Your speeds will increase, caps will either be lifted or raised. It was thought that we couldn't go digital at all because of data caps and that seems to be a non issue. If you can't download a game then YOU DON'T PAY FOR YOUR INTERNET SITUATION. The blame should be placed on a sticker, Now stick it on your mirror.....

and end scene/ :whew:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
A person that ONLY has access to a broadband service provider with data caps has decide how they want to spend that data.
If they surpass the data cap, they end up paying a fee for more data for that month.
At which point, it becomes a simple issue of people living within their means and using only what they can afford.
Progress cannot be halted simply because a small group of people are going to have a harder time making the adjustment than others.
The argument that "billy the farmer" has a 2 GB monthly data cap therefore we should stop these advancements in technology and consumer experience is absurd.
Cable providers are continually under pressure, and I believe data caps will soon be a thing of the past.
Speed, as I mentioned with the data I cited, is not as big a deal as people make it out to be.
But just like everything else in life, if you want a premium experience you're going to have to pay a premium price for it.
Trust me, I would rather things stay on physical media for a large number of different reasons, but we are heading to an all digital age and "billy the farmer with 2.5 kids" isn't going to stop it.

So youre saying put a premium on a premium? Electric of Water companies do not charge overages, but Data can? No data provider in america has an incentive to remove data caps for at least the next five years depending on current regulations.

Speed not being an issue is because youre only looking at your personal macro and micro encomomic factors.

Where did i say we stop the technologica!? If gaming could provide a comprehensive service with on demand digital access id support it, its companies to minimize the risk to physical gamers and right now they dont offer that.

Im saying that market cannot provide digital access to the consumers for a resonable price.

Cable providers are under no pressure right now, not when we have NBC Comcast and Disney Fox or ATT Fox. Please provide examples of pressure because Comcast is voted the worst company almost every year and still has yet to make any significant changes.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
The old internet chart :laff:

Looky here bruh, a bunch of you and all of Canada was saying this same bullshyt last gen. Your speeds will increase, caps will either be lifted or raised. It was thought that we couldn't go digital at all because of data caps and that seems to be a non issue. If you can't download a game then YOU DON'T PAY FOR YOUR INTERNET SITUATION. The blame should be placed on a sticker, Now stick it on your mirror.....

and end scene/ :whew:

You earned that WOAT banner and my pity. :snoop: Have this dap.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
You earned that WOAT banner and my pity. :snoop: Have this dap.
Imagine being pitied by some broke fakkit :bryan:

Bruh, I didn't tell a single lie. This is obviously your first rodeo and the sky is falling. You by way of chicken little mentality was too young or out the loop to realize/understand this same sky is falling bit was going on last gen.

Point out the lie :gucci: most Canadian posters was like "how can we do Netflix and download games, we only have 250gb maximums :damn: I used to install cable for Comcast so I know wtf I'm talking about. In your reply to other guy you mentioned 5yrs, but internet speeds double every two years, go head and Google that genius.

Now if you would excuse me, I don't care to share anymore knowledge or time with the likes of you :hhh:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Ok:
1. fukk taking up space in my crib with shelves and shelves of videogame cases :hhh: I did that in the PS1,2 & 3 era we off that.
2. Stop buying crappy games you eventually want to trade in. :hhh:
3. You don't trade in classics.
4. What if you trade in a game and years later want to play again. You have to buy the shyt again? :why:
5. Digital licenses last forever. At least on Playstation. I bought a PS3 last year and redownoaded a bunch of old games. :yeshrug:
6. You think that physical would save space on the HD, but installing games from the disc, the file size is the same as digital. :why:

Last edited:

B...

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Ehh depends on the title for me, I have more physicals than I do digital however. I’m old school so I love actually owning things but I understand the convenience of just downloading a game in the comfort of your own crib.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The sheer convenience of not having to change discs and consequently keeping my pad clutter free>>>>>

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
The only benefit to coping physical is getting the discounts on new games since I have GCU. Outside of that going to digital is was more convenient. You know how many times I didn’t play a certain game because I was too lazy to actually put the game into the actual system.

Being able to play the game by just pressing a button as opposed to flipping out discs is :ahh: