66% of console owners prefer physical copies of (2021 update: Sony reports sales are 66% digital)

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
After having my house broken into and every thing taken i much prefer digital. The pain of having to rebuy every game :sadcam: but they digital now and they cant be stolen :mjlit:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Never thought of resale (hence the preference for digital over physical), but every PC game I've bought so far had to be registered. Wouldn't that render the physical copy obsolete w/o a new code?
Yup. This is why pc physicals are completely dead. Almost every single game requires a steam account to play. They just give you a code and that’s that. It makes no sense to even buy physical pc games anymore. You still gotta use steam anyway. Why make it more cumbersome with needing to put in a disc as well. That shyt’s done. :camby:

I actually like having everything digital on steam. I have the option to buy drm free games from gog or humble bundle, but I much prefer everything on steam. shyt’s just easier. :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The actual Nielsen report that's downloadable, not the article posted. They have a link to the website right there at the top of the article, and then nielsen informs you that you have to register to the website in order to see the full report.
Yeah, so there's no telling what's in the report. This is the only website I've seen posting that number.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
all this cool talk and life advice is coming from somebody who has managed to become labeled WOAT on a video game forum
If I was labeled GOAT would that tickle your vag :francis:

And remember, nikkaz voted Einstein woat too. The upper level Goats throughout history tried to kick knowledge that people of their time couldn't quite understand :ufdup:

I'll give you an example...

Tru Story :manny:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Future my ass, not with data caps and sub par speeds for over 70% of americans. Keep in mind it only gets worse with each generation becoming more tech savvy.
Over 70% of Americans don't have access to internet speeds and data allowances sufficient to download a video game?
Even for a console that is capable of downloading software in the background, and when it's in sleep mode?
Why do you guys keep repeating these wild hypotheticals?

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
its all fun and games until the dev loses a license and you can no longer play your game or re download it.

I had smash tv on the 360, LOVED that game since the snes, went to go play it again, BOOM shyt is gone... why? because the license expired and they could no longer allow people to download it, including people whom of which already owned it.
As long as they refund my card then it's all good, but i'm physical copy > digital anyway so:yeshrug:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Over 70% of Americans don't have access to internet speeds and data allowances sufficient to download a video game?
Even for a console that is capable of downloading software in the background, and when it's in sleep mode?
Why do you guys keep repeating these wild hypotheticals?

18yiv2rhdghz9png.png

Okay breh, you tell me how billy the farmer with 2.5 kids will be able to download a 4K game with his kids also streaming high fidelity movies will NOT hit their data caps.

It's already happening to people I know on Comcast already at 80% data usage for the month, so how can the market bare digital only especially when tech savvy families are becoming the norm?

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
18yiv2rhdghz9png.png

Okay breh, you tell me how billy the farmer with 2.5 kids will be able to download a 4K game with his kids also streaming high fidelity movies will NOT hit their data caps.

It's already happening to people I know on Comcast already at 80% data usage for the month, so how can the market bare digital only especially when tech savvy families are becoming the norm?

insane how behind usa are with technology

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup. This is why pc physicals are completely dead. Almost every single game requires a steam account to play. They just give you a code and that’s that. It makes no sense to even buy physical pc games anymore. You still gotta use steam anyway. Why make it more cumbersome with needing to put in a disc as well. That shyt’s done. :camby:

I actually like having everything digital on steam. I have the option to buy drm free games from gog or humble bundle, but I much prefer everything on steam. shyt’s just easier. :manny:
people who buy gaming pc's that on avg cost over 1.2K are likely to have fast internet

people that buy consoles as a casual gamer are not