66% of console owners prefer physical copies of (2021 update: Sony reports sales are 66% digital)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think these results are BS.

Don't have any proof, just don't believe the number :manny:

Edit: I just read the article and nowhere in it does it show data saying 66% of console gamers prefer physical. Where the hell did they get that number from?

The data in the article says digital gamers play more games and spend less money on them.

Two things that disprove the narrative you archaic physical gamers like to peddle about physical games being cheaper and preferred by the masses.

Op, you and the author of your dumbass article lost:mjlol:

Last edited:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Physical is the best bc I like to look at the shelf and admire my collection :blessed:....I sold half my collection of older games a while back :to:.

I miss seeing em on the shelf bc it was pretty much all the bundles of the PS3 exclusives and the remaster bundles of PS2 classics :mjcry:

Currently building up my physical PS4 collection, cleaning up on Black Friday :jawalrus:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Edit: I just read the article and nowhere in it does it show data saying 66% of console gamers prefer physical. Where the hell did they get that number from?

The actual Nielsen report that's downloadable, not the article posted. They have a link to the website right there at the top of the article, and then nielsen informs you that you have to register to the website in order to see the full report.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
i would gladly pay one thousand dollars for a next gen system that allows me to pop the disc in and play. i am so fukking tired of downloading games.
With the basic hard drives and laser disc drives we got, pretty much gonna have to get use to that...a blu ray drve can't read the disc fast enough to load up all that data. Might have to wait until the next form of optical media for us to be able to do that.