66% of console owners prefer physical copies of (2021 update: Sony reports sales are 66% digital)

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:sas2:

give it up disc holders

the time is nigh

nah

i will only buy digital for games i intend to replay which is like 5% of games overall, even then they are usually heavily discounted. the fact that developers didn't even drop prices for digital only to pass up the savings from not manufacturing discs should have been a red flag to consumers. i'm never paying $70 for a digital game.

no need for us to go back n forth about what practise is best... the industry will show it's ass once most people only buy digital and then y'all will learn. greed can always be forecast. don't give no capitalistic entities room to pull fukk moves and expect fair game. I say this as an early steam adopted, as an early itunes adopter. I've already been there n done that.

let's watch n learn shall we... ownership turns into subscriptions the future :sas1:

Last edited:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Having the digital PS5, which I got by accident, I prefer physical copies. Granted, I need way less clutter in my life, and digital helps that a WHOLE lot for me. But if there's a game I don't particularly care for I'll trade it in. For instance, Elden Ring is a great game, I'm just not totally feeling it. I would have traded it in and got something else. You can't with digital, and that is by design.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why? What’s the benefit?

For me, it depends. If a game is an impulse buy, or something I decided to get last minute after researching it, or checking for gameplay and whatnot, I'll buy it digital, just because it can download while I'm working, or doing literally anything else.

It also doesn't help that for a while now, I've seen people basically say the best way to make sure you've got a game ASAP on release day is getting it digitally. Way too many threads with brehs out here complaining about waiting on deliveries. Add to that that at this point you're down to mostly just Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, Amazon, and GameStop as far as places that have physical stock for sure, and I can easily see why some people would go.full digital. Options are drying up.

let's watch n learn shall we... ownership turns into subscriptions the future :sas1:

That's my real concern. Games going to route of the music industry (which, to be fair, is unlikely they'd go all the way down that path) wouldn't be a positive for the consumer.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
For me, it depends. If a game is an impulse buy, or something I decided to get last minute after researching it, or checking for gameplay and whatnot, I'll buy it digital, just because it can download while I'm working, or doing literally anything else.

It also doesn't help that for a while now, I've seen people basically say the best way to make sure you've got a game ASAP on release day is getting it digitally. Way too many threads with brehs out here complaining about waiting on deliveries. Add to that that at this point you're down to mostly just Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, Amazon, and GameStop as far as places that have physical stock for sure, and I can easily see why some people would go.full digital. Options are drying up.

That's my real concern. Games going to route of the music industry (which, to be fair, is unlikely they'd go all the way down that path) wouldn't be a positive for the consumer.

Man Volvo has a subscription service:russ:. For them, this is the way. For us, definitely not a positive.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Having the digital PS5, which I got by accident, I prefer physical copies. Granted, I need way less clutter in my life, and digital helps that a WHOLE lot for me. But if there's a game I don't particularly care for I'll trade it in. For instance, Elden Ring is a great game, I'm just not totally feeling it. I would have traded it in and got something else. You can't with digital, and that is by design.
exactly

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin