66% of console owners prefer physical copies of (2021 update: Sony reports sales are 66% digital)

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I only buy physical for sports games, everything else I buy is digital, using disc's in 2021 is starting to seem crazy, I dont even have a cd player in my car

I only buy physical copies of games I know for a fact I'm gonna trade in now(I bought AC:Valhalla on disc, every other PS5 game gas been digital for me). I only got the disc model PS5 because I have a huge physical collection if PS4 games. I buy External hard drives now to back up and store all my games now.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
only buying digital on console if the title is digital only or the price is great

I still trade games in... so I'mma ride the wheels off of physical when it comes to console..

got 2 playstations at home so mostly digital so both me and my sons can play

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
only buying digital on console if the title is digital only or the price is great

I still trade games in... so I'mma ride the wheels off of physical when it comes to console..
Are you trading strictly through GameStop or elsewhere because that's another thing that soured me on the physical market, trade-in/resale value is abysmal.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Are you trading strictly through GameStop or elsewhere because that's another thing that soured me on the physical market, trade-in/resale value is abysmal.
gamestop and amazon.... the trade-in value yeah has definitely gone down over the last few years.

but...
I don't buy a lotta new day 1 games. shyt most of my played games this gen were either f2p or psplus. This gen wasn't like the last one where I had a constant flow of games I really wanted to play.

And before I buy a game day 1 I decide if I'm keepin it or tradin it. so I can play the shyt out of it and trade it before 25-30 days is up. Like I'm buying DL2 day 1 physical but I plan on trading it in.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
gamestop and amazon.... the trade-in value yeah has definitely gone down over the last few years.

but...
I don't buy a lotta new day 1 games. shyt most of my played games this gen were either f2p or psplus. This gen wasn't like the last one where I had a constant flow of games I really wanted to play.

And before I buy a game day 1 I decide if I'm keepin it or tradin it. so I can play the shyt out of it and trade it before 25-30 days is up. Like I'm buying DL2 day 1 physical but I plan on trading it in.
I'm too impulsive and I have my spurts where I can game heavily but then I have my droughts because of traveling for work.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Kind of sucks

Cuz game companies will remove shyt from the store when they feel like it

Like Jump Force or MvC2

They shouldn't be able to do that

"Gsmes not yours, it's just your turn...Play Games Breh...:wow:"

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Kind of sucks

Cuz game companies will remove shyt from the store when they feel like it

Like Jump Force or MvC2

They shouldn't be able to do that

"Gsmes not yours, it's just your turn...Play Games Breh...:wow:"

Especially with so much game licensing being tied to music. They just removed Metal gear 2 and 3 from all digital storefronts because of stock footage expiring.

And then you see what happened with GTA they take all the original games away forever and replace it with the trash remaster

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Especially with so much game licensing being tied to music. They just removed Metal gear 2 and 3 from all digital storefronts because of stock footage expiring.

And then you see what happened with GTA they take all the original games away forever and replace it with the trash remaster

A lot of people have been clamoring for digital games without realizing the long implications that it brings.