66% of console owners prefer physical copies of (2021 update: Sony reports sales are 66% digital)

Daps
Game sharing has made physical completely obsolete for me.

Me and lil bro only gotta pay 30 bucks a piece for new shyt since we both get a copy....and all the games we get from time to time on sale gets added to our collection, made getting 500+ games easy as hell
Do you need an internet connection to play the shared game?

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm part of the problem

I was pro physical and now I prefer digital
They got me :francis:

I finally decided on physical (unless the presentation presents notable differences) and I moved to 100% digital last gen. Never know when I'll wanna cop a 4k blu ray :yeshrug: plus the option is always there at least whereas there's no coming back from digital-only except buying another box

Daps
I finally decided on physical (unless the presentation presents notable differences) and I moved to 100% digital last gen. Never know when I'll wanna cop a 4k blu ray :yeshrug: plus the option is always there at least whereas there's no coming back from digital-only except buying another box
I love the design of the DE PS5
The physical PS5 is ugly
But the physical PS5 is a better value IMO
I going digital but you never know when you might need that disc drive
Used games, gamefly, christmas gift, present from someone, UHD Blu Ray player (don't use it but nice to have if I use it later)
I also got a handful of physical PS4 games that I will probably end up selling while I download their digital copies
But I would like to be able to play them in the meantime

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Once digital becomes standard Sony needs to
1) allow trade ins
2) allow returns

I definitely hope they have a Steam type of return policy. Having a store credit policy would be interesting for trade-ins :ehh: I wouldn't expect them to put much back on it tho :russ: that's a drawback of digital. Few digital game storefronts even allow trade-ins, if any, because they have no need to. I know if I'm buying a game digitally I'm planning on being stuck with it, for better or worse unless it's a fukked up game

Daps
I definitely hope they have a Steam type of return policy. Having a store credit policy would be interesting for trade-ins :ehh: I wouldn't expect them to put much back on it tho :russ: that's a drawback of digital. Few digital game storefronts even allow trade-ins, if any, because they have no need to. I know if I'm buying a game digitally I'm planning on being stuck with it, for better or worse unless it's a fukked up game
I know there are downsides of digital that was just wishful thinking :russ:
I know Sony is greedy asf
They know as soon as you buy that digital copy, it's "Got Ya" :wow:
Can never return, trade, or sell it ever
All those people who hate TLOU2 stuck with the game :wow:
But in the end, consumers win
We dictate what these companies can and cannot do and eventually when people who were pro physical want to keep playing games in a digital only world, they will want the same flexibility they had with physical
If enough people push for it to create backlash, all of a sudden returns and trade ins are possible

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
If you can resell digital, I would buy it. I will always be team physical because of this alone. I finish single player story game and want to make some money after I am done rather than letting it collect dust

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
Once digital becomes standard Sony needs to
1) allow trade ins
2) allow returns

I've been saying this for YEARS... This is the only reason I haven't gone full digital in purchasing games.

Whenever Sony/MS turns the corner on this, I hope the trade-in values are reasonable and not some GS trade-in bs.