66% of console owners prefer physical copies of (2021 update: Sony reports sales are 66% digital)

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Game sharing has made physical completely obsolete for me.

Me and lil bro only gotta pay 30 bucks a piece for new shyt since we both get a copy....and all the games we get from time to time on sale gets added to our collection, made getting 500+ games easy as hell

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
it makes no sense for digital copies to be the same price as the physical.
This is the real issue. There’s no value switching to digital. But the video game sector has been and always will be comprised of the WOAT consumers. :snoop:

sicksoulja

All Star
Daps
I can’t believe brehs still holding on to this physical shyt. Let it go, let it fking GO!

I mean it’s got damn 2019 and nikkas still holding on to cds and DVD’s old Larry Holmes flabby and sick ass nikkas. shyt makes no sense what so ever. Ok I will give the brehs pass that has data caps but that’s IT!!!

The ones that’s taking about trading games in I laugh at y’all silly asses. There is MORE VALUE in digital games yes I said MORE VALUE. Game sharing is real brehs and it works me and my cousin game share and we play the same game off the same digital license at the SAME DAMN TIME! which means if it’s broken down we play half the price of games. He buys Madden it automatically downloads to my system FOR FREE! if I buy 2k20 he will have it on his console for FREE!

Then you have clunky ass cases all over your entertainment system. Really brehs come on now. While I switch games from my controller or by my voice. Then games load quicker as well and even look better on some games.

Disc:scust:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I need to trade-in a game once I'm finish playing it. :yeshrug:

yup thts the one reason I like physical games, can just throw a copy on ebay or go to ebgames for some store credit.

i remember mss effect andromeda bought it for full price :scust: 2 weeks later i sold it for 15 dollars less than i bought it, then like a year later i bought the digital copy for like 10 bucks

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can’t believe brehs still holding on to this physical shyt. Let it go, let it fking GO!

I mean it’s got damn 2019 and nikkas still holding on to cds and DVD’s old Larry Holmes flabby and sick ass nikkas. shyt makes no sense what so ever. Ok I will give the brehs pass that has data caps but that’s IT!!!

The ones that’s taking about trading games in I laugh at y’all silly asses. There is MORE VALUE in digital games yes I said MORE VALUE. Game sharing is real brehs and it works me and my cousin game share and we play the same game off the same digital license at the SAME DAMN TIME! which means if it’s broken down we play half the price of games. He buys Madden it automatically downloads to my system FOR FREE! if I buy 2k20 he will have it on his console for FREE!

Then you have clunky ass cases all over your entertainment system. Really brehs come on now. While I switch games from my controller or by my voice. Then games load quicker as well and even look better on some games.

Disc:scust:

Damn lemme live in the past breh I aint hurtin anybody but myself :wow:

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Digital only for console games don’t make sense if it’s the same price . As a sports gamer and casual single game player once I beat the game or lose interest I’d much rather trade it in than just having the cover image just dangling on my screen bc I’ll never play it again ...I don’t care if I only get 15 bucks ..it’s 15 bucks less I have to spend on a new game :yeshrug:

Also some PC studios have it right in regards of digital gaming . Games like OTTP, Wolverine sports College basketball series and the Football manager series give players who purchased the previous version of the game a digital discount on the new version of the game upon release. If consoles ever did that it would get GameStop out the paint . But I don’t think the incentive is there yet .

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Won't knock anyone using physical copies but over the last three years, I've essentially made the switch to all digital. Don't even remember the last physical I bought. I've never been big on trading in games either so maybe that's why I'm at ease with the digital route. 1st world problems but its nice to be able to jump seamlessy between games and not having to swap out discs, too. Switching out discs only takes a few seconds but I still enjoy the convenience of it. I don't think we're ready for an all digital future, though. I have great speeds so downloading something like GTA is nowhere close to all day affair for me but I'm aware that others would have a much more painful experience if all digital was essentially mandatory.